PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Sign Gesicki

‘Sick’ player - Gronk 2.0

Gesicki ran a 6.7 3-cone coming out so that guy saying he turns like a boat is stretching it a bit.
Impressive...didn't realize that

Watching Gesicki’s 2021 highlights is impressive. He’s very athletic and more of a downfield big play threat than Henry. Should be a huge upgrade to Jonnu.

Gesicki is more athletic Hunter Henry, he basically is better at everything Henry does well and worse at everything Henry does poorly. Really like the player, but would have loved him more in a big slot role if they had speed on the outside and a blocking TE, then he'd be a perfect complement and a weapon. Not sure if sharing the field with Juju and Henry will maximize his strengths. He should help a lot in the redzone, but as we currently stand I have a feeling the blocking TE they inevitably bring in will end up taking a ton of playing time away from Henry or Gesicki.

If we're running a play needing a blocking TE, line up Calvin Anderson who's 300 lbs and mobile.

If we're running a play needing a blocking TE, line up Calvin Anderson who's 300 lbs and mobile.
Thing is you generally want the defense to account for the possibility of your in-line TE going out on a route, or chipping and flaring out. If they see Calvin Anderson out there they know they can devote their attention elsewhere. There's a domino effect there.

I expect them to restructure hunter Henry contract or cut him. Tight ends are not worth 15 million dollars . The only thing working for Henry is he has a working rapport with Mac .

Henry and T brown are overpriced contracts at this point of time based on performance.

I expect them to restructure hunter Henry contract or cut him. Tight ends are not worth 15 million dollars . The only thing working for Henry is he has a working rapport with Mac .

Henry and T brown are overpriced contracts at this point of time based on performance.
$5 million dead money, $10 million savings. Likes being here (from what I can tell), good rapport with Mac, BB loves him.

Extend.

TE's are worth whatever the market will bear.
Don't see anyone of note breaching 9 million dollars this year . Henry at max could get 6 million outside . Most teams with cap space have exhausted and this is a deep TE class. Best time to restructure .

It's time to tap the breaks on the Gronk/Hernandez talk. We're really looking at more of a Graham/Watson paring here.
I am quite happy if we get that result. I think that pairing is underrated at times.

2 nice additions. The funny thing is if you look at Jonnu’s history it was actually very close to his production in NE. I think the Pats were caught that year with the fact they needed to make a splash and the FA talent just wasn’t really there, so they made the mistake of paying for wishful thinking. Gesicki strikes me as at least a talented pass catcher. Both of my sons were pretty accomplished receivers and I could just watch Jonnu and tell he not only had bricks for hands, but he didn’t have the basic pass catching fundamentals down.

I like Gesicki I think he is a better player than Henry but I am not a big fan of it being only a 1 year deal. Would have prefer a 2 year deal.

After a disappointing year I feel Gesicki is betting on himself having a good year to cash in next year.

Cautiously optimistic. I need to see more OL action to get excited.

Yeah, hoping for a tackle upgrade / youth. My only real gripe thus far is instead of signing /resigning 4 average at best tackles maybe one of those should have been on the interior and let ferentz go. But still plenty of time.

I love the move. We've now upgraded Meyers slightly with Juju and we've upgraded Smith significantly with Gesicki. I am now confident that the offense will be functional. We are now also in a position where our 3 major offensive needs have been filled by competent players, reducing the need to reach for a need in the draft.

It's time to tap the breaks on the Gronk/Hernandez talk. We're really looking at more of a Graham/Watson paring here.
Agreed, but Graham could block.

Will O’Brien never coached Gesicki, he did recruit him to Penn State, right? Kinda interesting…

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back