PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Sign Gesicki

Henry, Gesicki and JuJu in the red zone. Giddy-up!
Yeah! I like where this is going on offense so far. If some combination of the tackles works out to give Mac Jones time, the Red Zone pieces are falling into place. Gesicki has Travis Kelce size and was primarily a pass catcher at Penn State where he must have been scouted/recruited by Bill O'Brien was coach there in 2013. Gesicki entered PSU in the Fall of 2014.

The Patriots still have Davante Parker and Tyquan Thornton as wideouts to go with Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, and Juju Smith-Schuster. Solid receiving corps going into the draft.

This is a great signing, classic Belichick low risk high reward free agent acquisition. He's not much of a blocker, but is probably a better receiver and route runner than Henry (imo).

Excited for the Pats to play fast, find the weak link of the coverage and exploit mismatches.
I love the signing.. gisikie is a playmaker.. he mentioned McDaniel offense wasn't suited to his strengths..
Watching Gesicki’s 2021 highlights is impressive. He’s very athletic and more of a downfield big play threat than Henry. Should be a huge upgrade to Jonnu.
Having one catch in a game would be an upgrade for from jannu

Yeah! I like where this is going on offense so far. If some combination of the tackles works out to give Mac Jones time, the Red Zone pieces are falling into place. Gesicki has Travis Kelce size and was primarily a pass catcher at Penn State where he must have been scouted/recruited by Bill O'Brien was coach there in 2013. Gesicki entered PSU in the Fall of 2014.

The Patriots still have Davante Parker and Tyquan Thornton as wideouts to go with Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, and Juju Smith-Schuster. Solid receiving corps going into the draft.
Agreed!!! Still think another piece is coming on offense to go with we already have.. don't forget about the forgotten man KB! It's funny we haven't seen or heard to much from Mac this offseason..

Usually a starting QB would tweet or say something regarding additions..

you overlooked Bourne. Just because our unnamed OCs last season did doesn’t mean you should. In fact if anything it’s a good reason to take a second look at him.

Unless the Billys also plan to dump Double-H (something to which I'm not opposed), then I would rather have seen them sign Austin Hooper or Foster Moreau, two dudes who at least try to make a block every now & then...

Well a lot has been written about Gesicki in comparisons with Travis Kelce, and prior to last year he's been a pretty productive TE who is more receiver than TE. Well it made me think of BOB and his experience scheming for 2 other TE's 14 years ago. One of course was Gronk early on, and the other was more a quick footed smaller (6'3 245) version named Voldemorte.

Of course this made me think of how they plan to use Gesicki with Henry, so, not knowing very much about Gesicki, I went back to check his combine scores to see if he is the the kind of athlete that "he who shall not be named" was back in the day. Well pardon me if this has been mentioned earlier, but I came away VERY excited.

Not only is Gesicki 3" taller and 10lbs heavier he also ran a faster 40 (4.55-4.64) and even MORE impressive 3 cone (6.74-6.85). Christ, that's a very good CB 3-cone. Now Henry isn't any Gronk, or even Gronk-lite, but he IS and has been a productive target here and in SD. Here's what I think that will mean in the upcoming year.

First, I think we will see what we HOPED we would see with JSmith. A hybrid player who can be an inline TE, slot, bunch receiver, FB, and wide out. A guy who can run routes and gain some YAC. He can be positioned so he is a week to week match up problem underneath and up the seams. He also means that as much as the Pats NEED to draft a TE, they DON'T need to draft one in the top 2 rounds. Several times in mocks, I've seen a guy like Musgrave or Washington be there in the second and felt I had to get him since both Henry and Gesicki will be FA's in 2025. NOW, we STILL have to get a TE, but we have the luxury to wait and pick one up in the 4th for someone like Kuntz, LaPorta or Schooemaker and give them a chance to develop as a back up.

Now the big question in my mind is why he went from averaging 750 yds/season in 2020-2021 and improving his stats every year for his first 4 years to HALF that last year as an afterthought in the Miami offense. At any rate, sorry it took me 10 pages to think about this pick up, but I'm suddenly VERY excited to have him at the price we got him.

Amendola, edelman ,white and Gronk we're extremely complimentary with Mitchell and Hogan being the best wr4 we could have expected . Michel and Blount did their job decently and rest is history. And we had 3 superstars on defense - McCourty, hightower and a revolving door of stud CBs ( revis, Butler, Gilmore) . Not to mention the OLine which was rock solid . Brady couldn't have asked for a decade of perfection in a better manner . Eventually our series of poor drafts and retirements caught up with us...

Well a lot has been written about Gesicki in comparisons with Travis Kelce, and prior to last year he's been a pretty productive TE who is more receiver than TE. Well it made me think of BOB and his experience scheming for 2 other TE's 14 years ago. One of course was Gronk early on, and the other was more a quick footed smaller (6'3 245) version named Voldemorte.

Of course this made me think of how they plan to use Gesicki with Henry, so, not knowing very much about Gesicki, I went back to check his combine scores to see if he is the the kind of athlete that "he who shall not be named" was back in the day. Well pardon me if this has been mentioned earlier, but I came away VERY excited.

Not only is Gesicki 3" taller and 10lbs heavier he also ran a faster 40 (4.55-4.64) and even MORE impressive 3 cone (6.74-6.85). Christ, that's a very good CB 3-cone. Now Henry isn't any Gronk, or even Gronk-lite, but he IS and has been a productive target here and in SD. Here's what I think that will mean in the upcoming year.

First, I think we will see what we HOPED we would see with JSmith. A hybrid player who can be an inline TE, slot, bunch receiver, FB, and wide out. A guy who can run routes and gain some YAC. He can be positioned so he is a week to week match up problem underneath and up the seams. He also means that as much as the Pats NEED to draft a TE, they DON'T need to draft one in the top 2 rounds. Several times in mocks, I've seen a guy like Musgrave or Washington be there in the second and felt I had to get him since both Henry and Gesicki will be FA's in 2025. NOW, we STILL have to get a TE, but we have the luxury to wait and pick one up in the 4th for someone like Kuntz, LaPorta or Schooemaker and give them a chance to develop as a back up.

Now the big question in my mind is why he went from averaging 750 yds/season in 2020-2021 and improving his stats every year for his first 4 years to HALF that last year as an afterthought in the Miami offense. At any rate, sorry it took me 10 pages to think about this pick up, but I'm suddenly VERY excited to have him at the price we got him.
Laporta will not be available beyond 3rd round . If he is available at 76 we should draft him blindfolded .

Unless the Billys also plan to dump Double-H (something to which I'm not opposed), then I would rather have seen them sign Austin Hooper or Foster Moreau, two dudes who at least try to make a block every now & then...

So much for that option... Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently during an examination with the Saints' medical staff a day or two ago, Moreau was discovered to have Hodgkins' Lymphoma... Needless to say, he won't be playing anytime soon... Good luck dude...

Amendola, edelman ,white and Gronk we're extremely complimentary with Mitchell and Hogan being the best wr4 we could have expected . Michel and Blount did their job decently and rest is history. And we had 3 superstars on defense - McCourty, hightower and a revolving door of stud CBs ( revis, Butler, Gilmore) . Not to mention the OLine which was rock solid . Brady couldn't have asked for a decade of perfection in a better manner . Eventually our series of poor drafts and retirements caught up with us...

He could've had better WRs... Imagine what could've been accomplished from at least 2010-13 if he had Golden Tate, for example...

Laporta will not be available beyond 3rd round . If he is available at 76 we should draft him blindfolded .

Depends on who else is available and at what other positions... If we're thinking TE at 76, I'd rather see if Tucker Kraft is still available first.

Translation: you better stay healthy
I like that we have guys on short deals so it they don't perform or are injured then the team can move on. At least we learned something from the smith and algolor signings..

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back