PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign former Buc starting OT Caleb Benenoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who do they cut?

Wynn to IR???

So who do they cut?

Wynn to IR???

Wynn is week-to-week. It will be either Ferentz or one of the two tackles that played against the Dolphins.

Is Ferentz still on the roster? That would be my choice.

He sure is. Only reason we might not is him being a C/G rather than the position we just picked up another of.

Wynn is week-to-week. It will be either Ferentz or one of the two tackles that played against the Dolphins.

Certainly possible, but the week to week report was sketchy.

Phew. Let Wynn rest a few weeks and let it heal well for the November/December big games.

I love how this team can sandbag with this schedule and have players like Wynn/Watson/Harry to inject later on when the going gets tougher.......

This is all setting up quite well (rubbing hands like a cartoon villain).

Mine too, but who is the backup center?

Thuney.

If Cannon is back there is some depth at tackle for now and Eluemunor can jump in as guard.

Not saying any of this is optimal but if it comes to that, what is ?

Certainly possible, but the week to week report was sketchy.

He has turf toe that much we know. I am not sure what you mean by sketchy in that context. I am not sure they want to sideline Wynn for at least six weeks over this. But then again I don't know enough about turf toe to know.

This is all setting up quite well (rubbing hands like a cartoon villain).

tenor.gif

Thuney.

If Cannon is back there is some depth at tackle for now and Eluemunor can jump in as guard.

Not saying any of this is optimal but if it comes to that, what is ?

Thing is they're even dressing Ferrentz.

He has turf toe that much we know. I am not sure what you mean by sketchy in that context. I am not sure they want to sideline Wynn for at least six weeks over this. But then again I don't know enough about turf toe to know.

Players have missed long periods with turf toe.

By sketchy I mean only heard it from Rappaport. Maybe it was from others. And Ian added "I'm told"

____-Thuney-Karras-Mason-Cannon with a RB/TE assisting whatever LT wins the stopgap job is a serviceable OL. Most teams don't have two high end starters on their line.

Quick PFF & Twitter search shows Benenoch as a player with starting experience that was a liability as one. 22 starts by age 25 is as good as you'll get for a OL FA pickup at this point.

James "Better Than Russell Bodine" Ferentz
I still wonder about that one. I thought Bodine would’ve been back in place of Ferentz by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes