PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots sign Christian Gonzalez & Keion White

The Pats spend the whole salary cap, or roll it over to spend the next year. So when I say "saved" it means saved to spend on someone else, which also might be next year. There is no real money "not spent" because the Pats spend the whole salary cap. Maybe "saved to spend on another player" would have been better wording.

Curran thing about saving money is a guess. Noone knows what is in BB's contract, and the Pats spend to the cap limit.
Great information.. yeah I believe BBs contract is respoetes to be around 25/Mill per year. Boy would I love to see how that contract is written.. yes I know it gets rolled over to the next season.. as a fan I just want to see my team be competitive and win.. when we were hosting Lombardis there was no talk of cap crap, or 1st, 3rd or 29th I'm spending.. we just need to win!

Great information.. yeah I believe BBs contract is respoetes to be around 25/Mill per year. Boy would I love to see how that contract is written.. yes I know it gets rolled over to the next season.. as a fan I just want to see my team be competitive and win.. when we were hosting Lombardis there was no talk of cap crap, or 1st, 3rd or 29th I'm spending.. we just need to win!

We will be low in cash spending this year because 2024 and 2025 have so much cap space. But the next two years will be very high. The actual cash spent always evens out. The cash spent discussions are always BS because cash goes up and down depending on the contract timing and upfront guarantees. The salary cap shows the yearly amount spent and the Pats always spend to, or roll over to, the total cap.

For the past two draft classes, the entire contracts of the first 24 picks were fully guaranteed. This year the 31 first round picks are guaranteed.

The Pats are doing what everyone else is doing. BB saved about $2M over 4 years trading down before picking Gonzo.
Gonzales is making the same money as your boy Mac.

Ouch!

Why is that an Ouch? The salary schedule for rookies is fixed by the CBA.
Because QB is the highest paid position in the NFL.

And, Gonzales has not played a down yet.

Because QB is the highest paid position in the NFL.

And, Gonzales has not played a down yet.

So? Rookies are paid per the CBA according to their draft slot. Rookies' salaries have nothing to do with the position they play or on field performance. You seem confused.

Why is that an Ouch? The salary schedule for rookies is fixed by the CBA.
Right, the scale for rookies doesn't go down, goes up. Mac is a 3 year vet.. his contract was from 3 years ago whatever top 15 picks were making. I'm sure Even on his salary Mac's not wondering how he's going to put gas in his vehicle. I can't wait for the season to start.. boy when Mac has a bounce back what will the haters have to hate on..

We will be low in cash spending this year because 2024 and 2025 have so much cap space. But the next two years will be very high. The actual cash spent always evens out. The cash spent discussions are always BS because cash goes up and down depending on the contract timing and upfront guarantees. The salary cap shows the yearly amount spent and the Pats always spend to, or roll over to, the total cap.
Next year is going to be very interesting.. because the team will have to pay guys.. top of that list is Mac.. so much depends on how this season plays out. Mac,Dugger, extending judon, singing FAs.

So? Rookies are paid per the CBA according to their draft slot. Rookies' salaries have nothing to do with the position they play or on field performance. You seem confused.
Nope

Glad that BB is holding your boys feet to the fire.

Rookie contracts are not really "negotiated" anymore. They are based on a scale, relevant links below.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back