PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Seven Round Mock Draft 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the pff.com mock draft. I liked the ability to do trades. Biggest gripe is if I traded up to get in front of someone, only to have my player picked a spot or two before, they don’t let you trade back out of the pick. No way the draft board falls the way it did for me though.
9868274D-8309-4725-AB4C-9E657158C398.jpeg I assumed I would be trading out of spot #23, (wouldn’t have mattered, no one was interested in trading up) but with Chaisson there, I had to snag him. I watched Murray continue to drop into the 2nd, so I swung a trade with Detroit to pick him up. With Chaisson & Murray on board, our front 7 gets an injection of youth, and speed. Kmet came off the board in the 2nd, but I was really watching Trautman. Happy I was able to get him. Eason was good value IMO. He brings competition and possible trade bait in the future. After that, I scored me a fattie in Fotu, aspecial teams/development secondary player in Guidry, and a powerback in Dillon. Rest of my picks were for depth/development/ST’s reasons, except for Bayless. I’m really intrigued by his production. He didn’t show up well at the combine, but that late in the draft and what he did on the field made me comfortable pulling the trigger to see what he’s got.

All in all, I’d be really happy with a draft like this. Wish I could’ve gotten 1-2 OL guys, but when I was up, no one really jumped out at me. Figured we’d pick up a few UDFA and see how we do. If guys can all come back healthy and last years redshirt rookies can step up, I think we’ll be pretty good here anyhow. Can’t wait for the draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes