PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Patriots select DB Marcus Jones at 85

Seems a good pick this one as a 3rd round

speaking of CB's IIRC there was a 6'4 CB out of something like Fayetteville state. Is he still out there?

speaking of CB's IIRC there was a 6'4 CB out of something like Fayetteville state. Is he still out there?
Besides Williams who is my favorite cb left, there is also McCollum and Jack Jones who the Patriots did have a predraft visit with. Off field issues but could maybe see them doing the homework on him as a possible late pick/udfa.

This is a wake up call to Jon Jones.

Stay on the field.

This is a wake up call to Jon Jones.

Stay on the field.
With one more draft the Pats could be the only NYFL team to field an all Jones defensive backfield.

Isn't JJones our slot CB? This guy isn't helping at all on the outside.

Under 10% in height, weight, arm length. About 25% in hand size. A bite-size corner w/ shoulder problems. Looks like a STer + gadget guy.

SmartSelect_20220501-092259_Firefox.jpg

Under 10% in height, weight, arm length. About 25% in hand size. A bite-size corner w/ shoulder problems. Looks like a STer + gadget guy.

View attachment 42895

J Jones is in the last year of his contract I believe, and supposedly Marcus Jones can play outside (just have to be choosy about the matchups you give him there). Regardless, with J Jones (man adding the first initial is going to get tiresome, I apologize) coming off an injury and expiring after this year, insurance isn't a bad idea. And some teams (like Buffalo), run a fair amount of four wide sets with two receivers in slot positions. Having two guys that can cover those formations will be helpful.

Add on that he has a great chance to be our PR and KR day one, and that's all good value for round 3.

View attachment 42895
Lucky for us those aren’t the measurables/skills that matter in having tight coverage on a wr.

Lucky for us those aren’t the measurables/skills that matter in having tight coverage on a wr.
tight coverage--> jump ball--> size still matters, just not that often bc those balls are more on the outside i guess

Just as long as he can stay healthy. I've heard he has a history of shoulder issues.
This is a worry for me as well. Dudes are gonna be bigger and faster in the league. Not to mention because of his height, he’s probably going to be jumping and diving a lot more. From everything I’ve read and seen, he plays like a dog.

I would rather have short guy with tight coverage than a tall guy who doesn’t cover as well.
i think everyone agrees with this, but how is a tall guy relevant here?
i think jones will excel in the slot which helps us and maybe jon. jones can help outside? idk, or jon. jones future FS ?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back