PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots scouts apparently like Duke QB Daniel Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I think he will he gone by the time we pick. I suspect we will maybe take a TE in the first round since there is a huge deficiency with Gronk being gone. The dolphins and giants are looking for a QB and they pick before us.

Remember, it's the height of the lying season

We apparently loved Lamar Jackson last year as well.

smoke%2Bscreen.jpg

He is a career backup.

Watch us not pick a qb at all
Unless Murray falls, I don’t see it. But I’m not a fan of the QB class in general this year outside of him. Next year will probably be the year for a QB. Much stronger class.

Unless Murray falls, I don’t see it. But I’m not a fan of the QB class in general this year outside of him. Next year will probably be the year for a QB. Much stronger class.
Grier or Stidham could be a steal or they could be a bust. I think it’s 50/50. Maybe they don’t want to take the chance

Grier or Stidham could be a steal or they could be a bust. I think it’s 50/50. Maybe they don’t want to take the chance

I could see Stidham being a Mallett like shot in the 3rd or 4th round.

We apparently loved Lamar Jackson last year as well.
Was gonna say that exact thing. Rumors NEVER seem to come true. Everybody needs to be ready for shockers, could happen in ANY round, even in round 1.

I like Jones a lot too, and he'd be a good fit too, because he really needs some time to learn before he'd be ready to take over. But I have a feeling we will be taking someone in the trenches, Oline or Dline.

He had a great year in 2017 but actually had a drop off in 2018

He had an awful offense around him and it broke him somewhat. He needs fixing, but the raw talent is there - a bit like Mallett although he ended up unfixable.

Sports hub just had a report that Grier is rising and could go end of first mid second. Then they pointed out we pick end of first and mid second. Zo has liked Grier for the whole draft prep season.

Sports hub just had a report that Grier is rising and could go end of first mid second. Then they pointed out we pick end of first and mid second. Zo has liked Grier for the whole draft prep season.

Perhaps Grier will be drafted by GB.

Wasn’t he in school for 5 years?

Patriots leak false rumors more than any team out there

Remember he played pretty much all year w a broken collarbone. Tough as nails as it was but he definitely earned a lot of respect last year.

Really not concerned w arm strength considering its the easiest to build on when talking QB's.

Very accurate. Can switch up speed on the ball. Ideal short/intermediate game accuracy, touch. Looks like Manning esp in his lower half. His feet, base are always moving, always ready. Easily some of the best mechanics you'll see. Improved his deep ball accuracy.

Has to improve his awareness & presence in the pocket. His OL was bad but too many sacks, hits were on him. Few times you scratch ur head w some of his decisions but again lack of talent/OL was an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down