PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots restructure Stephon Gilmore's contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we must have something close to 5M...

I thought something was coming and, because plenty of pats players have incentive based contracts and (correct me if I'm wrong guys) but their salaries are only credited in the Cap Space if they meet their goals, so by the end of the year, we could be above the line

I bet most people are thinking "trade" and we do have the capability now, but i will be a deviant and predict that we won't do nothin

Also, if we do trade, i hope is for a linebacker

Some move in the making?

Interesting. Wonder what's next. Doesn't necessarily mean there's a move coming but I can't imagine this type of thing happens in isolation.

We are now at about $5.3M (the existing $1.6M per Miguel and the $3.6M of savings from the restructure).

Before you spend the cap money, some will be needed for other items. Besides, the team has liked to carry some monies forward into next year. Between now a the end of the 2018 season, some of the money will be used for Roster Bonuses (about $2.5M), replacing anyone else who goes on IR, and any additional monies needed toward the Mitchell and Britt injury grievances (and any others). Plus the amounts left gives Belichick the flexibility he needs with regard to his constant transactions. The amount that we now have gives Belichick some breathing room, perhaps enough for minor trades or signings, but that's it.

The best high dollar acquisition I can think of. Mr. Kraft made it rain and it paid off.

Could be a sign for an upcoming trade. Bill has always left some breathing room of $5-6M in case of emergencies in prior years.

Anyway - the Cardinals are going nowhere this year, so that Bucannon trade seems much more plausible now. Still have to wait a few more days until his cap hit goes from $8M to $4M though.

BB is trying his hand for Eli Manning so that he's the first guy to implement the 2 quarterback offense in the 21st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back