PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Patriots Restructure Judon

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Get Meyers extended

Pay NLTBE incentives? Or are those on next year's cap?

They probably could have skated by with the amount they had before, so creating a couple million in room makes me think they have some very minor moves in mind. Judon's contract was ripe for a restructure for easy cap money since it's so salary-heavy, they could probably do it again in '23 if they wanted to.

The most important thing is keeping Judon on the roster. He's pretty much the best player on the team.
Agree but that has nothing to do with the restructure. He wasn't going anywhere to begin with.

The most important thing is keeping Judon on the roster. He's pretty much the best player on the team.
Rham is very close on the Offensive side.:cool:

Question how much would you give J Meyers a year??
I have no idea but i'll give it a shot.

Your 33rd guy on this list has an aav of 7.7m and 30m guaranteed...on a rookie deal. I looked at deals around him.

If Meyers hadn't missed time he'd be on target for 88/1110ish yds. 26y/o..Improving every year.. pretty freaking good - especially with this screwed up offense.

Issue with him is he is not an elite talent (size, speed, etc) thus will not demand elite dollars...but hes a great fit here.

Based on the market (past deals), performance, age and upside, Meyers feels like a 4yr/50m/$20m guaranteed is what he'll get.

Is that too rich for us? Not sure but IMO it's reasonable.

I have no idea but i'll give it a shot.

Your 33rd guy on this list has an aav of 7.7m and 30m guaranteed...on a rookie deal. I looked at deals around him.

If Meyers hadn't missed time he'd be on target for 88/1110ish yds. 26y/o..Improving every year.. pretty freaking good - especially with this screwed up offense.

Issue with him is he is not an elite talent (size, speed, etc) thus will not demand elite dollars...but hes a great fit here.

Based on the market (past deals), performance, age and upside, Meyers feels like a 4yr/50m/$20m guaranteed is what he'll get.

Is that too rich for us? Not sure but IMO it's reasonable.
I think he's going want a little more like 14Mill a year with the cap constantly going up. I think he's $12 Mill player but that just my opinion.

Last edited:
Any news about more cap space for the remaining year or next year is good news!!!

I think he going want a little more like 14Mill a year with the cap constantly going up. I think he's $12 Mill player but that just my opinion.
Meyers strikes me as a player who knows his path to NFL success as a UDFA (in a year where his team also took a WR in the 1st round) was very unlikely. He takes a lot of hits already. I would venture to guess that he may be seeking financial security vs. the offer with the highest # on it. That is, if the Pats offer 4 years/$40 million with $20 million guaranteed fully, he may prefer that to Chicago or whoever offering 5 years/$60 million but only $12 million guaranteed. He gets more guarantees, gets to stay where he is, and if his career stays on track he can hit the market again while he's still possibly got a few years left.

That's just my feeling though, I could be wrong. And who knows if NE even offers such guarantees.

I think he going want a little more like 14Mill a year with the cap constantly going up. I think he's $12 Mill player but that just my opinion.
Yep. Impossible to predict. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got $14m AAV.

If Agholor can get $11m then Meyers can get $12m 3 years later.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back