PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Reportedly Hire O-Line Coach With MMA Background - Scott Peters

He wouldn't be coming here as a lateral from a very good job.
Probably so. I just wish these "professional" reporters could just make a definitive statement. Instead of "Peters on the move to NE" or some such, just say "NE has hired Peters as their new OL coach". All this obliquity is annoying. Likewise, the Pats themselves could be more forthcoming.

Probably so. I just wish these "professional" reporters could just make a definitive statement. Instead of "Peters on the move to NE" or some such, just say "NE has hired Peters as their new OL coach". All this obliquity is annoying. Likewise, the Pats themselves could be more forthcoming.
Absent an official announcement, which reporters would trust to make a definitive announcement?

Trent Brown is not coming back through that door. HE proved he's not Patriot material with his attitude last year. F' him and anyone who thinks he should be brought back. ,
Part of me wants Brown to come back under the new coach. Scar got the best out of him by being tough with him. This guy should be able to do the same. At a minimum it would be entertaining.

Lazar works for the Patriots.

I don't yet know how Trent Brown will be replaced, but still, he needs to be let go and have some other team cut him a check to do the very least that he can do.
True. Belichick not drafting a bona fide OT in last year’s draft has the team in a difficult situation.

Part of me wants Brown to come back under the new coach. Scar got the best out of him by being tough with him. This guy should be able to do the same. At a minimum it would be entertaining.

Not at a 16M cap hit.. Which is what he's going to get on the open market.

A new voice in charge isn't going to magically change Brown from being the selfish guy that he is.. I'd rather bring in a Late 1st/Early 2nd round LT who has everything to prove than bring back Brown.

True. Belichick not drafting a bona fide OT in last year’s draft has the team in a difficult situation.
Gonzalez was the best player on the Pats board at the time they drafted. So was White. That kid out of OSU who fell to the 3rd round would have been another Trent Brown (weight issues wise). And there is no telling how he'd have taken to the chaos that was the OL coaching last year.

Does anyone really think that any OT draft pick outside the 1st round would have done better than Sow with the cluster-f**k that was our O-line coaching last year. I admit to having High Hopes for Klemm. However, we don't know the specifics behind his clash with the Personnel Dept that led to his being replaced by Yates and Ferentz.

“A serious ankle injury led him to martial arts. The main weightbearing bone in his foot had a defect that left it bone on bone by his second season. He continued to play but was in pain and the ankle would lock. After a second, unexpected microfracture surgery while with the Panthers, he was told “your ankle’s trashed, your career is over.”

“ Thinking his football career was over, he started a mixed martial arts training facility in Arizona. Nearly a year later in 2007, after having dropped about 30 pounds to 270, the Cardinals had injuries and wanted to sign him … if he could pass the physical.

“So I showed up and they MRI’d the wrong foot,” he said. “Passed the physical, showed up to camp and honestly played probably the best football I’ve played.”

“A serious ankle injury led him to martial arts. The main weightbearing bone in his foot had a defect that left it bone on bone by his second season. He continued to play but was in pain and the ankle would lock. After a second, unexpected microfracture surgery while with the Panthers, he was told “your ankle’s trashed, your career is over.”

“ Thinking his football career was over, he started a mixed martial arts training facility in Arizona. Nearly a year later in 2007, after having dropped about 30 pounds to 270, the Cardinals had injuries and wanted to sign him … if he could pass the physical.

“So I showed up and they MRI’d the wrong foot,” he said. “Passed the physical, showed up to camp and honestly played probably the best football I’ve played.”
That's hilarious good thing it was a test and not a procedure

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back