PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

There might not be a strong market for Lloyd but he's the best receiver available who doesn't have a 1st round tender attached to him. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'd be shocked if he doesn't draw any interest.

I doubt it. He has been a head case for every head coach other than McDaniels and only McDaniels seems to get production out of him. My guess is that either he re-signs with the Pats or he is going to wait until spring.

You asked me specifically about getting deep not production. I answered the question brother that is what I do when people ask one. I don't change the content. 40 time does impact ability to get deep more than any other thing in football.

Then how did Lloyd become one of the best deep threats in football despite running a 4.6? There are a lot of things that go into being a good WR - deep threat, slot guy or possession receiver. Route running, quickness, speed, leaping ability, hands, strength, etc. I have no idea which of these Jones and Sanders lack, but it has to be something because their productivity scares nobody despite their 40 times. Do you think any defensive coordinator drew up games plans worrying about Bethel Johnson?

Then how did Lloyd become one of the best deep threats in football despite running a 4.6? There are a lot of things that go into being a good WR - deep threat, slot guy or possession receiver. Route running, quickness, speed, leaping ability, hands, strength, etc. I have no idea which of these Jones and Sanders lack, but it has to be something because their productivity scares nobody despite their 40 times. Do you think any defensive coordinator drew up games plans worrying about Bethel Johnson?

Thanks, needed a laugh.

The one that I was being confrontational and you should become defensive.. Because I wasn't and you shouldn't I was making a general statement.

Relax. I wasn't offended or being confrontational, all I was asking was what you meant by "let's not jump to conclusions".

Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

Sanders has not signed with Patriots. So, only WR is Amendola.

Patriots now have to get 2 WRs (replacement, and vertical threat).

Donald Jones

It is not that a player can't learn the system. We are asking THREE players to all learn the system, with no incumbent to help.
====================

Moss was one of the two best Wr's of all time, and one of the smartest.

You emphasize route a few routes, rather than reading the defense, reacting and seeing what Brady sees.
==========

I have been on a tirade, but the reality is I'll be fine if we use our cap money and sign Vollmer and Freeney or Abraham.

And yes, I am aware that we will sign more receivers. Perhaps that will work out better than last year, perhaps not.

Welker and Moss had no problem coming in and picking up the system.
The only players who struggled really were 85 who is a moron, and Galloway who admittedly had a hard time reading coverage.
We have not brought in any players who, like those 2 spent their entire careers running a limited amount of routes on plays designed to pull coverage away from them, so I don't see why 2 guys not being smart enough to get it has anything to do with the guys we are bringing in.
By the way, Lloyd must qualify as a guy who picked it up easily, if you are lamenting that his departure means we lost a guy who understands the offense.

I doubt it. He has been a head case for every head coach other than McDaniels and only McDaniels seems to get production out of him. My guess is that either he re-signs with the Pats or he is going to wait until spring.

The only way he will re-sign with the Patriots is if he changes agents.

He's completely washed up.

Not really. 22 first downs 3 touchdowns on a total of 28 catches. 3 catches that didn't result in a new down or score and you refer to that as washed up?

Not really. 22 first downs 3 touchdowns on a total of 28 catches. 3 catches that didn't result in a new down or score and you refer to that as washed up?

If he wasn't the 49ers wouldn't have gotten rid of his ass as soon as they did.

lol anything being expected of Donald Jones

There's a reason Buffalo fans hated him, he's got stone hands and has no business getting more than emergency snaps at receiver.

It is not that a player can't learn the system. We are asking THREE players to all learn the system, with no incumbent to help.
====================

Moss was one of the two best Wr's of all time, and one of the smartest.

You emphasize route a few routes, rather than reading the defense, reacting and seeing what Brady sees.
==========

I have been on a tirade, but the reality is I'll be fine if we use our cap money and sign Vollmer and Freeney or Abraham.

And yes, I am aware that we will sign more receivers. Perhaps that will work out better than last year, perhaps not.

We asked Stallworth, Moss and Welker to do it in 2007 which resulted in the most prolific offense ever.. And we didn't have 2 of the best TE's in the NFL then.

lol anything being expected of Donald Jones

There's a reason Buffalo fans hated him, he's got stone hands and has no business getting more than emergency snaps at receiver.

He caught 61% of his targets last season. From Ryan Fitzpatrick.

No, but we had the 2nd best wide receiver of all time, along with one of the best slot receivers of all time.

We asked Stallworth, Moss and Welker to do it in 2007 which resulted in the most prolific offense ever.. And we didn't have 2 of the best TE's in the NFL then.

The only way he will re-sign with the Patriots is if he changes agents.

Yes, because Tom Condon stopped the Pats from getting him last year for a below market deal. Condon's influence is overblown.

Lloyd is not the type of receiver the Pats need and will save the $3 million roster bonus for him. The Pats will also save $1.9M salary. Without question his numbers are one of the strangest I have seen. He played 84.8 percent of the offensive snaps, had 74 receptions. 911 yards and four touchdowns but there were games when I didn't know he was even playing.

No, but we had the 2nd best wide receiver of all time, along with one of the best slot receivers of all time.

Neither of which were that at the time.

Neither of which were that at the time.

Moss was rotting in Oakland, he was still one of the best WR of all time when we got him.

A few things:

• Stallworth struggled with the system. Hence why he only caught a ball or two a game and sunk on the depth chart below Gaffney (who took about 8 games to pick up the Pats' system in 2006 although he was signed in season and didn't benefit from an offseason or training camp).
  • The Pats geared Moss' routes for him. He is the one Patriot that I can think of that the Pats actually revised their offense specifically for them in the routes they run.
  • Welker was the only WR of the three that picked up the entire playbook week 1.

This is how bad of shape our WR core is in right now. We're playing ordinary highlights from an avg WR that isn't even on our team yet. When our WR hopes lie on acquiring Emmanuel frickin Sanders, we are in trouble.

Patriots WR core has been bad since '10 hasn't stopped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3