PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots receive nearly 3 million in additional cap space

Status
Not open for further replies.

strngplyr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC 35m
The #Patriots will gain around $2.87 million in cap space from treatment of Brandon Lloyds option and settlement with Jon Fanene

Pretty good news, be nice to see some Hernandez money in there, too.

That's pretty damn good news. Hopefully we see Talib back now.

Definitely good news, let's hope we spend it wisely!!!!

If I was Belichick I wouldn't spend a dime of it just to watch the histrionics on this board.

Fanoony Finally Pays Off!!!

Is this new cap money or does it include 2.85 million they received for Fanene
in 2013? I think JasonOTC is one year late in reporting.

I'm pretty sure Miguel had already factored all of Lloyd and Fanene's money in. I won't believe this is anything additional until Miguel says so.

On that last tweet on #Patriots it should have been around $1.8 million, other pickup is from other adjustments for them

So to me that says $1.8m is from Fanene and Lloyd. The other $1m is from other adjustments

OTC has Pats at $14.8 available.

Pretty good news, be nice to see some Hernandez money in there, too.

I saw a tweet later that it was actually 1,85m or something like that.

So, OTC now has the adjustments and credit that Miguel has recognized in his numbers fro several weeks. I expect OTC and Miguel will be even closer in the next week.

So to me that says $1.8m is from Fanene and Lloyd. The other $1m is from other adjustments

OTC has Pats at $14.8 available.

I saw a tweet later that it was actually 1,85m or something like that.

Nope. $1.8m of it was from Fanene and Lloyd. The other $1m was from other adjustments.

But regardless OTC has them currently at $14.8 under the cap. Question is, is it around what Miguel has them at right now.

Yup, when Miguel says that there is new money, then I will believe it. Miguel already had Fanene credits, Lloyd credits and end-f-year adjustments included in his calculations. Others did not.

I'm pretty sure Miguel had already factored all of Lloyd and Fanene's money in. I won't believe this is anything additional until Miguel says so.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean the Fanunu money is just a mirage???

well, there's a certain symmetry I guess with his supposed playing ability.

sign megatron and fitz

Miguel already had this factored in. That is why he has the Pats at $15 million under the cap when everyone else had them at $12 million.

Miguel already had this factored in. That is why he has the Pats at $15 million under the cap when everyone else had them at $12 million.

Question answered.

I have been including these credits in my projections of the Patriots adjusted cap number for months.

I have been including these credits in my projections of the Patriots adjusted cap number for months.

Thanks Miguel!

Could you shed light on this option mentioned by Jason Cole on Twitter regarding Revis?

"Btw, #Bucs have unilateral right to guarantee any or all of Revis' contract this year to reduce his cap number."

Thanks Miguel!

Could you shed light on this option mentioned by Jason Cole on Twitter regarding Revis?

"Btw, #Bucs have unilateral right to guarantee any or all of Revis' contract this year to reduce his cap number."

I know I'm not Miguel but I'll take a stab. My guess is they don't necessarily have unilateral control to do this BUT the way to adjust this years cap number is to convert x amount of dollars in salary into an immediate signing bonus. Of course the player will not reject an immediate payment so that's probly why he says they can unilaterally do this. No contract can be changed unilaterally unless there's an option

So let's say this years cap number is 16 mil. And for revis he's basically 16m for the next 5 seasons. The bucs can say we will take 10m of the 16m and make it an immediate signing bonus. This years cap number would be remaining 6 mil plus 2 mil (bc the 10m bonus divided by 5 years works out to 2m over 5). That 2 mil would be on books no matter what each year for next 5 years.

I think that's what would happen.

If I'm wrong then sorry for wasting your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back