Player Signing Patriots re-sign Canadian QB Nathan Rourke

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Per Justin Dunk:

New thread alert ! Jk

Hard to argue with the price. Easy to argue with the talent.

New thread alert ! Jk

Hard to argue with the price. Easy to argue with the talent.
We'll see. Potentially worse news for Zappe ... I had him as the number three QB but had forgotten about Rourke, so I would think Rourke might overtake him on the depth chart depending on how the offseason/camp plays out. Guessing it's a vet, draft pick at the #1-#2 spot (however it plays out), followed by Rourke, and Zappe heading into camp. Unless they go to the well twice in April and maybe take somebody in Round 6 or 7.

Remains an interesting player...no idea what they have in him at this point since we never saw him take the field in the few weeks he was here.

We'll see. Potentially worse news for Zappe ... I had him as the number three QB but had forgotten about Rourke, so I would think Rourke might overtake him on the depth chart depending on how the offseason/camp plays out. Guessing it's a vet, draft pick at the #1-#2 spot (however it plays out), followed by Rourke, and Zappe heading into camp. Unless they go to the well twice in April and maybe take somebody in Round 6 or 7.
Right…my 1st thought was Mac…but yeah could be a Zappe killer.

Well first signing of the Mayo era is a non start

Right…my 1st thought was Mac…but yeah could be a Zappe killer.
I expect Mac will be traded on draft day for peanuts, but Zappe will be kept, with he and Rourke competing for QB 3 in camp. No harm having 4 QBs in camp, right?

De plane! De plane!

monero-xmr.gif

Realistically, he does have some untapped potential as a QB2. He probably won’t be a starting QB, but he may yet be a solid backup with spot starter potential. He has a nice athletic profile and he’s still pretty young, he is 25 whereas guys like Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, Michael Penix are all 23-24.

Definitely still a lot of room to develop. I think the best outcome would be for him to jockey with the rookie for QB2/3 while a veteran is QB1. By 2025 hopefully the rookie is ready to start and Rourke is a confident backup who can step in for a game or two and still be decent. If so then ink him to an extension for a few years and have your QB room sorted until around 2029.

Very happy for this guy. I interviewed him years ago and he was extremely polite and kind. Genuinely a good person from the little I interacted with him.

Big-time GB Pack fan. Loved Favre growing up and has AR highly regarded when it comes to passing the ball.

"The most important traits for a QB in my opinion are leadership, mental toughness/grit, and being coachable.
I am coachable and I have a true passion for the game/desire to get better. Playing QB is something I would do for free. The opportunity to play professionally would be a dream come true, and something I would not let go to waste."

Can you take me through your film study process from start to finish?

"Pre-snap progression starts with the safeties, then the box/ the backers, then the corners, then the front. When watching myself I look to see how well I execute my assignment on a given play. I look at the defense, see what coverage, blitz, front they are in. Then I look for my ball placement, mechanics, body language. Finally I watch the rest of the offense to see if I can keep my teammates accountable, knowing they are likely doing the same for me. When watching an opponent I watch for tendencies primarily. I see how their DC calls the game in certain situations, against different formations, with different personnel. I watch the defenses’ personnel groupings and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. I also like seeing what the offense did, in case it worked and why."

Can you take me through your favorite route designs/concepts? And Why?

"I love rollout/boot plays, I am very comfortable on the run. My favourite route to throw is any out breaking route, a corner route, an out route, etc."

Nathan Rourke will win the job I'm going out on a limb.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back