Patriots Propaganda Likely to Bear Fruit with Garoppolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Steve Balestrieri

Adam Schefter of ESPN was on WEEI this week and said the baseline for a trade for Jimmy G. would begin with the Bradford deal, a first and a fourth rounder.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Why a first and fourth? The Pats forfeit their highest fourth this draft. Just bad reporting.

I not sure I buy it. The Pats "allowed" Jimmy to play in the Jets game. Would they risk "ruining" other GMs' perception of him if this was the case? To me, the premise seems a bit of a stretch.

If the Pats were interested in shopping JG around then why didn't they give him more opportunities to throw the ball against the Jets?

If the Pats were interested in shopping JG around then why didn't they give him more opportunities to throw the ball against the Jets?
Because they were running out the clock in a late season blowout. Why risk an injury to Edelman or Bennett?

Because they were running out the clock in a late season blowout. Why risk an injury to Edelman or Bennett?

Or have Jimmy G fall flat on his face. The audition is over, it was the first four weeks of the season. Left them wanting a bit more which is perfect. Let the frenzy begin as teams scramble to solve their most important personnel issue!

idk..there are other targets to throw to besides those guys. Football players risk injury every time the ball is snapped. Are there such thing as low risk injury plays? Anyways, I think it might be worth to show case JG to get the max value for him.

It goes both ways. Jimmy could also do poorly and hurt his trade value. His portfolio of action in 6 quarters is the baseline, and it is a good baseline. I see it as he was more likely to hurt his baseline than help it by throwing.

You sound like one of those real estate flippers before the market crashed. It's only going to go UP UP UP!

What if Jimmy **** the bed against the Jets? What if he threw 2 picks? What if he broke his leg like Carr and Mariota did that week?

How much additional value would performing well against the Jets mean? And what's the potential downside? Like if his value is a 1st and a 4th (speculation), would it potentially push that 4th to a 3rd? Or would it not make any difference in increasing his value? If he was a stock, we're talking maybe 5 to 10% more potential gain vs. losing it all with a big injury.

But he's not a stock, he's a human being who hasn't had the reps as a starter that week and is thrown in there to avoid injury to your real #1. He has had limited practice that week, probably done more as the Jets QB running their plays than your actual game plan. There's very limited upside to having him throw it around for a few series, with a huge potential risk. It makes no sense.

You sound like one of those real estate flippers before the market crashed. It's only going to go UP UP UP!

What if Jimmy **** the bed against the Jets? What if he threw 2 picks? What if he broke his leg like Carr and Mariota did that week?

How much additional value would performing well against the Jets mean? And what's the potential downside? Like if his value is a 1st and a 4th (speculation), would it potentially push that 4th to a 3rd? Or would it not make any difference in increasing his value? If he was a stock, we're talking maybe 5 to 10% more potential gain vs. losing it all with a big injury.

But he's not a stock, he's a human being who hasn't had the reps as a starter that week and is thrown in there to avoid injury to your real #1. He has had limited practice that week, probably done more as the Jets QB running their plays than your actual game plan. There's very limited upside to having him throw it around for a few series, with a huge potential risk. It makes no sense.

If Jimmy was being the Rats QB for the practice team, and if he was accurately portraying the Rats QB he would be throwing picks, fumbling, and getting injured.

Not a good prep for playing in the game.

Last edited:

Steve Balestrieri

Adam Schefter of ESPN was on WEEI this week and said the baseline for a trade for Jimmy G. would begin with the Bradford deal, a first and a fourth rounder.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
Steve you should research more. Schefter did not say the patriots have a price he was asked what the price would be and guessed it would start at what the eagles got for Bradford.

"Dislike" the term propaganda used in this article.
Especially since the entire premise is him misunderstanding an interview

"Dislike" the term propaganda used in this article.

I don't understand why the term propaganda would be a reason to dislike the article. Could you explain why? I'm only asking because I'm curious. Not saying you're right or wrong.

I don't understand why the term propaganda would be a reason to dislike the article. Could you explain why? I'm only asking because I'm curious. Not saying you're right or wrong.

Because this is what the term "propaganda" means, emphasis in my mind, on the term "derogatory."
"prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
  1. 1.
    derogatory
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    "he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda""
Adam Schefter's unsubstantiated musings are not "Patriots propaganda."

Steve you should research more. Schefter did not say the patriots have a price he was asked what the price would be and guessed it would start at what the eagles got for Bradford.

Schefter: “In my mind, Sam Bradford went for a 1 and a 4 [round pick], so to me that is the starting point and I don’t even know if they would do it then,”

You are correct that it wasn't from a source and it was his own gut feeling but he put it out there. I'm not sure how much or little impact that has in a establishing a market price for JG.

As for the rest of Steve's article I think he is spot on. Minnesota did give up too much for Bradford and Organizations do panic or make dumb moves. The Jets are regretting the Revi$ deal and the Texans have benched Brock O$$weiler.

JG performed well during his audition. There are only 10-15 decent QB's in the league. Some teams feel they are just a QB away from contending. The Bills have felt that way for over a decade.

Anyways I think Steve's premise is correct. BB is listening, there are desperate teams and someone may overpay.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but it's funny that there is a post claiming that JG playing late against the Jets means they're not willing to trade him and then, like, the second post after that one, someone claims the exact opposite and that him playing against the Jets means they *are* shopping him.

I think Belichick has accomplished his goal of making sure absolutely no one has any clue what he's thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes