PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pro Bowlers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahomes, Brees, Rivers, Goff, Watson, Ryan, Wilson. And there's an argument to be made for Luck, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger. Puts Brady somewhere in the 8-10 range.

Honestly, Luck should’ve made it over Brady but I ain’t complaining.

Even ignoring the differing stats, as a fullback, it's not like Sherman's been pivotal to the Chiefs' running game. Sherman has played 97 snaps (9.6% of KC's total) this year to Develin's 336 (34.4% of NE's total). There's not even an excuse for that snub.

At best you can argue it's a second special teams slot, as Sherman's played 75% of KC's special teams snaps this year to Develin's 36%. I have no idea how effective Sherman is as a special teamer, though.

They have roughly the same passer rating.

Brady has two more wins though neither much further ahead than the other in supporting cast (and that’s two more wins even with that Miami BS).

Luck has 9 more touchdowns and 4 more interceptions (even though half of Brady’s INTs have been bunk). Either way that’s not a favorable ratio...if you count TD totals, count INT totals too.

Brady won head to head matchup in a laugher.

Brady is simply a better quarterback, which is the tiebreaker when production is close, even though I think Brady has a clear edge in production.

Luck will get in anyway because Brady won’t play.

The methodology for player selection is voting, yes? Your case is perfectly fine, but I think it's more the subjective whim of the voters, and they certainly let Brady's legacy creep in to their opinion.

First time in eight years Matthew Slater doesn't get it.

Even ignoring the differing stats, as a fullback, it's not like Sherman's been pivotal to the Chiefs' running game. Sherman has played 97 snaps (9.6% of KC's total) this year to Develin's 336 (34.4% of NE's total). There's not even an excuse for that snub.

At best you can argue it's a second special teams slot, as Sherman's played 75% of KC's special teams snaps this year to Develin's 36%. I have no idea how effective Sherman is as a special teamer, though.
They usually lean to the guys team with the better record

I'm not sure Brady is cut and dry as deserving of it this year, but I don't think there's a clear #3 after Mahomes and Rivers either way. Brady is as good an option as anyone else there, though if Houston finishes as the 2 seed and Watson continues to play well, I'd make the argument he should have gotten the nod. But the timing of the voting is a factor here.

Mahomes, Brees, Rivers, Goff, Watson, Ryan, Wilson. And there's an argument to be made for Luck, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger. Puts Brady somewhere in the 8-10 range.

Careful prime: unlike myself the homers won't sit well with those facts...you are now a marked man.:D

It is good to see Brady there again. IMHO, this is based on reputation, not on 2018 play. That's fine.

Luck certainly has had a better year.

Brady and Gilmore.

Good to see Gilmore is getting the recognition.

And there's an argument to be made for Luck, Rodgers, and Roethlisberger. Puts Brady somewhere in the 8-10 range.

You must be just glancing at stats only to put Rodgers and Roethlisberger on there. There’s a lot more to the story with both of them, and their own fanboys have gone rogue about how crappy they’ve played.

You must be just glancing at stats only to put Rodgers and Roethlisberger on there. There’s a lot more to the story with both of them, and their own fanboys have gone rogue about how crappy they’ve played.

I think people have come to expect such play from Rodgers, Roethlisberger, and Brady that even being on the back end of the top-10 QBs is looked at as being wildly disappointing. (I know I certainly feel that way about Brady; he's probably been the 8th or so best QB in the league but it honestly feels like he's been terrible - shows how spoiled we are with the greatest QB of all-time). I think Brady's probably played better than both of them, and probably no worse than Luck. Cousins and Cam have also had their moments, though again I'd put Brady ahead of both.

It is good to see Brady there again. IMHO, this is based on reputation, not on 2018 play. That's fine.

Luck certainly has had a better year.
Voters probably already know that Brady won’t show up. So they’ll have Luck ready to replace him. Probably Big Ben/Watson after that.

Voters probably already know that Brady won’t show up. So they’ll have Luck ready to replace him. Probably Big Ben/Watson after that.

Watson's the top alternate.

Rodgers also made it in the NFC over Wilson and Ryan, who have been undeniably better this season. The Pro Bowl's a popularity contest to a great extent.

You confuse "People don't want to admit what they're seeing" with "Some people actually try to analyze what's happening". And saying that Brady's played horrible lately is asinine. In his last 4 games, he's got a 7:2 TD:INT ratio, a 105.1 QB rating, has thrown for over 1,200 yards, is completing 68% of his passes, and is probably a horrible play call and a holding penalty away from being 4-0.
There's a limit to optimism. We were down a touchdown against Pittsburgh. One holding call doesn't change a 7 pt difference into a win.

There's a limit to optimism. We were down a touchdown against Pittsburgh. One holding call doesn't change a 7 pt difference into a win.
Either way, this team is one dumb defensive playcall away from being 10-4. Which would be business as usual for us.

His rating of Goff being clearly ahead of Brady is a joke, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft