PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad Announcements (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Roto BB released Maneri... he did not waive him.

Solder, waiving IS releasing. It's giving up your claim to the player, and if he's not a vested veteran he goes to the waiver wire rather than straight to FA.

Solder, waiving IS releasing. It's giving up your claim to the player, and if he's not a vested veteran he goes to the waiver wire rather than straight to FA.

You're both wrong. I heard that Maneri was cut.

You're both wrong. I heard that Maneri was cut.
Actually, they just revoked his access to the facility without telling him. He's still there trying to argue with a security guard.

I think you missed my point.
Why activate an extra OL to be the 3rd TE instead of signing a 3rd TE?
Manieri would either be inactive every game, or activated to be a TE. It would make more sense to go get a real TE.

Welch and Kupa arent on the 53 man they are on the ps.

I think there is little doubt we will be signing a 3rd TE.

Because we don't currently have a 3rd TE or a 4th OT and because the 3rd TE's responsibility is 95% blocking. I thought Belichick liked players who can do more than one thing.

I know that they're on the PS, I said Maneri is seemingly a better prospect.

If so, then somebody will have to go from another position and there still won't be a 4th OT on the 53.

Because we don't currently have a 3rd TE or a 4th OT and because the 3rd TE's responsibility is 95% blocking. I thought Belichick liked players who can do more than one thing.

I know that they're on the PS, I said Maneri is seemingly a better prospect.

If so, then somebody will have to go from another position and there still won't be a 4th OT on the 53.
Right. We dont have Maneri OR a #3 TE.
I suggested that since the #4 T would be inactive anyway, why not get a TE to be the 3rd TE?
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but it sounds like you wanted to keep a 4th T as the 3rd TE.

I think everyone including BB felt Maneri was a better prospect than the guys on the ps, but he couldn't put him on the ps until he cleared waivers and he didn't.
You cant conclude BB thought the guys he signed to the ps were better prospects than Maneri because Maneri wasnt available for the ps.

Right. We dont have Maneri OR a #3 TE.
I suggested that since the #4 T would be inactive anyway, why not get a TE to be the 3rd TE?
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but it sounds like you wanted to keep a 4th T as the 3rd TE.

I think everyone including BB felt Maneri was a better prospect than the guys on the ps, but he couldn't put him on the ps until he cleared waivers and he didn't.
You cant conclude BB thought the guys he signed to the ps were better prospects than Maneri because Maneri wasnt available for the ps.

Releasing Maneri was the one move I didn't really like, in my mind unnecessary. They have 27 defensive players, 23 on offense. Maneri showed a good deal of promise at OT and could fill in OG and TE. In the absence of a 3rd TE he could fill the position and fill it well considering it's mostly blocking.

Personally I would rather have what Maneri brings to the table than keeping all of:

Anderson as 5th DE
Butler or Molden as 6th CB
Both Tracy White and Tarpinian
Ihedigbo as the 11th DB.

The move has been made and he is now a Chief so that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick