PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad Announcements (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rapoport: Dolphins claim TE Will Yeatman

Disappointing. Though I didn't really think we had a chance to stash him on the PS.

so w/ Aiken is our recently signed LS gone? the Vet dude

if we put this Aiken through waivers can he get claimed if he doesnt make the 53? Or is their a double jeopardy clause that prevents a double claim on a rookie player?

Last edited:

I expected a team to claim him. Hope Alge can do it well. Lee Smith couldnt long snap; if he could, he would stayed

The NFL needs to institute a discoverer's credit for players dug up from out of nowhere who teams want on their practice squads, lol.

Pretty sure they cant put him on the PS, they have to sign him as an active player.. at least thats the way I understand it

Yeah I'm a little confused as to how BB has handled a couple moves as of late. Im sure all will be clear in due time. I'm just surprised Tarpinian wasn't cut to save Yeatman/Smith or Maneri/Austin from waiver wires. We have a great team and I don't doubt Belichick has a plan but thats 4 young guys we may lose due to the decision of keeping Tarpinian. I really don't think Tarpinian would've been claimed and would have cleared waivers. He wasn't seen much in preseason. Guy better be or I hope is a stud.

My only problem with Tarp was he was made of glass in college, and within a few weeks of being in the NFl he's injured again.

Last edited:
Last edited:

I am sure they will pump him for any info he has on the team prior to this weeks game against them.

..I am sure it wont be much to offer to help them though

Last edited:

And Smith to the Bills?
So much for the TEs on the PS.

I'm PISSED I wish them and their teams a horrible year of play. I want those guys back, I wish their new teams awful years every year actually

Last edited:
Was Dearth cut?

Confused as usual :D

Who cares, if either of them were actually good they would've been kept on the 53. Each of these guys will fade into the abyss of jAGs and never be heard from again.

They're on the 53s now; that's how a waiver claim works. If they get cut, then they go through waivers again. If they reach the Pats, the Pats can sign them to the 53; if they clear waivers, the Pats can sign them to the PS.

I wasn't sure how that process worked. I am surprised that their is no double jeopardy in the sense of a double claim.

most of those guys except the LS will hit the waivers.

Was Dearth cut?

Confused as usual :D

I had same question and I would assume so.

Do the Bills have a gr8 LS now? I know they are great on special teams. he hikes it to the punter hence part of that unit

I think we're lucky he cleared waivers - though pretty much every team had similar cuts they wanted to re-sign to the PS given this shortened off-season.

If someone winds up having a need at TE they may have to make the choice to sign him rather than let him walk.

I guess we weren't as lucky as we all thought.

I wasn't sure how that process worked. I am surprised that their is no double jeopardy in the sense of a double claim.

most of those guys except the LS will hit the waivers.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "double claim."

Anyhow, the basic way it works is that teams are informed of players subject to waivers. Teams then have ~24 hours to indicate if they want to take on that player's existing contract (which you must do to claim a player off waivers). The team with the worst draft position* to put in a claim gets the player. If no one puts in a claim, that player can sign with anyone either for the 53 or the PS.

*Right now, based on last year's draft; after a few weeks, it becomes based on the current season's standings.

All things being equal I'd prefer to have the least ex-Rats as possible, so I don't mind cutting Dearth. I'm surprised at the cut of Manieri. That leaves the Pats with only 3 OTs. Maybe they are hoping to add him back when a roster spot opens up if trades they are working on get completed.

HATE losing Yeatman. Patriots try to get cute every now and then, and every now and then it's bites them in the ass. Not a make or break transaction or anything, but that's disappointing.

HATE losing Yeatman. Patriots try to get cute every now and then, and every now and then it's bites them in the ass. Not a make or break transaction or anything, but that's disappointing.

What are you talking about? How do you know the Patriot's true intentions with Yeatman? They could've also just flat out not wanted him. One thing we know is the team wasn't that high on him, or hey would've kept him on the 53. Yeatman just wasn't very good and his reputation on this board skyrocketed due to a certain few users hype training him.

What are you talking about? How do you know the Patriot's true intentions with Yeatman? They could've also just flat out not wanted him. One thing we know is the team wasn't that high on him, or hey would've kept him on the 53. Yeatman just wasn't very good and his reputation on this board skyrocketed due to a certain few users hype training him.

Yeatman was at the stadium ready to sign on to PS when he was notified that he had been claimed, so the Pats wanted him, at least on the PS.

Last edited:
So here's what we've seen with 2011 Patriots cuts:

Thomas Clayton - Seahawks (waived again)
Chris Morris - Lions (waived again)
James Sanders - Falcons
Brandon Meriweather - Bears
Brandon Tate - Bengals
Lee Smith - Bills
Will Yeatman - Dolphins
Thomas Austin - Texans
Landon Cohen - Seahawks
Ricky Brown - Raiders
Jonathan Wilhite - Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.