PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with you being Rohrwasser white knight? Of course he wasn't doing it to cover up something that was gone. But he has many tattoos and the Pats probably told him to cover up so the media can't get triggered by anything else on his arms.

I have no idea what a Rohrwasser white knight is. I just called out your crap when you threw a temper tantrum and spun a false narrative. The Pats probably told him to cover up??? What??? How much more crap can you make up? You do know that some guys choose to wear long sleeves sometimes? Cam wears long sleeves often. Did the Pats probably tell him to cover up? Rohr didn't get cut because of a tatt either. Your fake news is ridiculous. So the Pats probably told Vinatieri, Ghost, and Folk to cover tatts too. Right?

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 12.26.12 AM.png

new-team.jpg
hi-res-4a3af48ee01f7535af0dde183559a3a7_crop_north.jpg

I read this this am, and thought it would be kind of a BS move by BB if he did that. It will be interesting to see if Folk was signed or did BB use this loophole.
I might be a BS move, especially when considering how much cap space we have & how easily we can afford the $1.05M, but I doubt that Bill is or will be the only GM to use this loophole...

With Johnny O out for 3 weeks, who handles punt return duties? Hopefully not Edelman.

Pretty dirty move.

How is this any different than the vet cuts every year to avoid fully guaranteeing salaries ? Except affected players get an extra paycheck because they will be on the roster in W1.

Folk wasn't forced at gunpoint to join the PS, he did it because most probably nobody else was asking for his services and this means he will get paid.

How is this any different than the vet cuts every year to avoid fully guaranteeing salaries ? Except affected players get an extra paycheck because they will be on the roster in W1.

Folk wasn't forced at gunpoint to join the PS, he did it because most probably nobody else was asking for his services and this means he will get paid.

I guess Belichick decided the kicking competition was somehow closer than it appeared to the rest of us. This gives him an extra month to figure it out.

No more need to doubt:

It is the "55-man loophole," but AFAIK they haven't signed anyone to the "full-time" 53 to replace Cajuste or Olszewski, so they're sitting at 53 (i.e., 51 + 2) ATM.

When Jeff Howe announced Gunner had had a "setback," I knew this was coming. At least it sounds like he'll be back in the near future.
Honestly, he’s just a body. And he won’t be a Patriot for long, can’t stay healthy.

Right now the Patriots stand with only 51 active players on their 53 man roster with Cajuste and Olszewski being placed on injured reserve. I’ve not seen any reporting on the this, but I suspect Folk and, perhaps, Xavier Williams will fill the 52nd and 53rd spots next week but will remain on the PS for the Dolphin’s game so that their vet minimum salaries are not guaranteed for the rest of the season as would have been the case if they had been signed to the 53 given their vested (4+ years experience) status. The advantage of putting Cajuste and Olszewski on the list pre-game is that they’re eligible to return for game 4 rather than game 5.

Call it a loophole if you want, but it has been a common practice over the years for teams to wait and sign vested veterans after game one for just this reason. Now, with the ability to promote two players per game from the practice squad, both players will be able to play in the game and receive their full veteran minimum weekly pay. As #luuked pointed out earlier, Folk and Williams both freely signed a practice squad contract knowing this was a possibility if not a certainty.

Corey Levin out, and Caleb Benenoch in?

I'd rather have Levin & his admittedly developing experience at Center, but whatever, I guess...

Honestly, he’s just a body. And he won’t be a Patriot for long, can’t stay healthy.
He’s young and inexperienced. For some reason those guys spend a lot of time in the IR under Bill Belichick...

3% are not racists or anything else.

Rohrwasser should have told the snowflakes to GFY. Rohrwasser was terrible between the 40 - 50 at Marshall. It sure sounded like he wasnt any better at Pats camp.

He made 7 out of 8 kicks from beyond 40 in 2019.

Gunner out 3 games which means that he is actually out 6.

The bad news in these parts drips out like molasses in the winter. There has to be at least 1 obscure NE WR who will save the day once he gets off IR or PUP or vacation. Harrys turn was last season.

This year they can move 2 players from PS to the 55-man game roster and move them back onto the PS without any corresponding moves.

The only wrinkle to this is that you can only do it to a player twice as far as I understand. Then he actually has to be moved to the active roster to be eligible for game day.

FROM TODAY's MIKE REISS

"Patriots coach Bill Belichick previously said he anticipates having 48 for Sunday's opener, which means the Patriots only have to deactivate five players."

So exactly what are the rules? 55 or 53 on gameday???

This is the most confusing year ever.

FROM TODAY's MIKE REISS

"Patriots coach Bill Belichick previously said he anticipates having 48 for Sunday's opener, which means the Patriots only have to deactivate five players."

So exactly what are the rules? 55 or 53 on gameday???

This is the most confusing year ever.

Starting this season, game-day active rosters, which used to be limited to 46 players per team, can include up to 48 players, provided that at least eight of those 48 are offensive linemen.

I think the confusion comes from the difference between being on the 53/55 gameday roster and the actually active gameday roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes