PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Practice Squad and IR Moves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to Scoota Harris, looks like the reason he's not staying is that he's going somewhere else. Not sure where, or if the Pats would've necessarily kept him anyway.

Not many waiver claims, tough to have someone enter your facility and clear all the COVID protocols by Sunday.

I also expect much less poaching of practice squad players.

waiting to see who the Pats IR.

Both Rohrwasser and Folk to the PS. Maybe the competition wasn't settled enough for Bill. Personally, I think that means neither of them are the answer, but it sure appears that the team is set on using one of them to start the season.

Nick Folk is practice squad eligible or is that because of the new Covid protocol?

Nick Folk is practice squad eligible or is that because of the new Covid protocol?

I don't know the specifics of the new COVID rules, but I think everyone is PS eligible this year.

Both Rohrwasser and Folk to the PS. Maybe the competition wasn't settled enough for Bill. Personally, I think that means neither of them are the answer, but it sure appears that the team is set on using one of them to start the season.

I have learned my lesson trying to read tea leaves and deduce intentions but to me it sounds like they like Rohrwasser but he is just not ready yet for whatever reason. Could be mental, could be physical.

Sounds like Folk will start the season and Rohrwasser might take over at some point (or stay on the PS if Folk unexpectedly keeps nailing it).

The new CBA allowed two players with unlimited service time to be signed to the practice squad. The Covid side agreement increased that number to 6 as well as increasing the size of the PS from 12 to 16.

As I understand it, of the 16 players on the PS this year, 6 of them can be veterans with an unlimited number of accrued seasons, meaning it could be anyone. They can also "call up" any player to the active roster up to 90 minutes prior to game time.

Doesn't sound like he impressed too much.

He barely participated in any practices, I'm not too shocked. You'd think they might want a guy with that natural talent at least on the practice squad though. Who can say, he's definitely had a checkered history. May not have been a fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down