Not open for further replies.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I read somewhere (twitter, most likely) that the total offensive yardage differential for the Patriots in the SB53 playoff run (all 3 games) was the highest per-game yardage differential of the last 20 years or so for any Super Bowl Champion, indicating that it was one of the most dominating runs ever. I know, yards are not points, but it least is a good sign.

I have looked for an internet article confirming this but I can't find one.

If true, you can throw that fact out there to the people saying the Patriots were lucky, Goff was so inept it was handed to them, the Saints would have killed them, etc.

Anybody have that info?

By my calculations we averaged around 15 min more Time of Possession than our opponents in the playoffs. That’s just huge when it comes to wearing teams down in the 4th. Rams were spent on both the td drive and the fg to ice the game drives.

In a pass heavy NFL with lighter and lighter box players we not only ran it down their throat but were extremely diverse doing so. Scar, McDaniels and the OL players were truly amazing.

Holy sheez i just posted the #s in the other thread right after you made this thread lol

Sb 407 - 260
Afcc 524-290
Afcd 498-335

Pretty big gap, negated by turnovers/pts left on the field/ garbage time tds by sd. But really couldve been three comfortable azz wins

Holy sheez i just posted the #s in the other thread right after you made this thread lol

Sb 407 - 260
Afcc 524-290
Afcd 498-335

Pretty big gap, negated by turnovers/pts left on the field/ garbage time tds by sd. But really couldve been three comfortable azz wins
That's an average yards differential of 181 ypg.

It would be nice to compare with the other NE championship years and some of the better teams of all time.

Especially impressive given the regular season records of the 3 teams they faced. No cupcakes!

Last edited:

In a pass heavy NFL with lighter and lighter box players we not only ran it down their throat but were extremely diverse doing so. Scar, McDaniels and the OL players were truly amazing.

What was that roddy piper line from back in the day “once you think you’ve figured out the answer I change the question?” Once teams move to a lighter faster defense to stop the passing we zag to a power run team to take advantage. Always ahead of the curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back