PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's players still open to Antonio Brown reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Kraft wanted BB far more than Parcells did. Parcells let him go.

It is what it is.
No. Belichick refused to take the jets job.
You should read up on it.

No. Belichick refused to take the jets job.
You should read up on it.

Ah!! What was the reason he refused????

Belichick wasn’t stupid. He could see the differences between the owners. He wanted the best, not the Little Lord Fauntroy in NY. And he sure knew that Parcells hiring him was a sham to oppose Kraft.

Damn son, it’s pretty well known, you can’t possibly be that ignorant of what happened.

Ah!! What was the reason he refused????

Belichick wasn’t stupid. He could see the differences between the owners. He wanted the best, not the Little Lord Fauntroy in NY. And he sure knew that Parcells hiring him was a sham to oppose Kraft.

Damn son, it’s pretty well known, you can’t possibly be that ignorant of what happened.

That was Leon Hess.

But you said no one would hire Belichick. Now you agree there was competition for him.

4 million broken hearted Brooklynites who gave their meager immigrant lives hopes to that team.
That’s who.

They got over it. They have the Nets now.

That was Leon Hess.

But you said no one would hire Belichick. Now you agree there was competition for him.

Hess was a vegetable at that point. The team was in the process of being Johnsoned.

And no other team was even talking to BB other than Crazy Al.

It was all about Kraft. And that was driving Parcells beserk enough to decide to give up being the HC.

Last edited:
Hess was a vegetable at that point. The team was in the process of being Johnsoned.

And no other team was even talking to BB other than Crazy Al.

It was all about Kraft. And that was driving Parcells beserk enough to decide to give up being the HC.
The jets hired Belichick. Belichick quit and wanted to come to NE. Every coach gets hired by 1 team when they get hired.

you take on this is pathetic.

As I said krafts credit for the success is hiring Belichick.
Another owner hiring Belichick would be mire successful than kraft hiring any other coach.

you are too biased to rumpswab kraft to make a coherent argument.

The jets hired Belichick. Belichick quit and wanted to come to NE. Every coach gets hired by 1 team when they get hired.

you take on this is pathetic.

As I said krafts credit for the success is hiring Belichick.
Another owner hiring Belichick would be mire successful than kraft hiring any other coach.

you are too biased to rumpswab kraft to make a coherent argument.

Nice try to sell a story about how much the Jets wanted BB as a head coach on those merits alone. The rest of the world knows Parcells had him sign a poison pill succession contract the previous year when he had already gotten wind of Kraft snooping around. It’s all been reported for years. It’s not like Al Capone’s vault.

.:p

It’s all Kraft’s fault!! :D

Can we please get back to talking about AB? Sheesh.

Last edited:
Nice try to sell a story about how much the Jets wanted BB as a head coach on those merits alone. The rest of the world knows Parcells had him sign a poison pill succession contract the previous year when he had already gotten wind of Kraft snooping around. It’s all been reported for years. It’s not like Al Capone’s vault.

.:p
What are you talking about.
Parcells signed him as hc in 1997 while he negotiated out of his contract. In 2000 parcells retired and hired Belichick to coach the team. Belichick said no.
Somehow you are trying to say Belichick was a loser that no one wanted and the jets hired him because they really didn’t want him.

Belichick was and had been one of the most respected coaches in the league and everyone knew he would get a job soon.

Basically everything you have said in this conversation is wrong. There is simply no point continuing other than comic relief and it’s not worth the time.

Blather on, you bore me.

Parcells signed him as hc in 1997 while he negotiated out of his contract. In 2000 parcells retired and hired Belichick to coach the team. Belichick said no.
Somehow you are trying to say Belichick was a loser that no one wanted and the jets hired him because they really didn’t want him.

Belichick was and had been one of the most respected coaches in the league and everyone knew he would get a job soon.

Basically everything you have said in this conversation is wrong. There is simply no point continuing other than comic relief and it’s not worth the time.

Blather on, you bore me.

Priceless! You just inadvertently proved that BB was TWICE being used as a pawn by Parcells solely for his own uses in The war against Kraft. Both times - all about Kraft!!!

Do you have any idea of the meaning of what you just wrote???

Thank you for proving the point!

And regarding your last comment? I find you FASCINATING! And hysterically funny. Some of the best stuff since NEM.

Let's focus on AB talk.. whenever there's more AB news... if there is.... at some point.

I need some AB news to get my hopes up then come crashing down.

That’s not what happened. BB was never hired by the Jets as a head coach, BB’s 1997 assistant coach contract said he’d become HC of the NYJ when Parcells left.

BB got tired of Parcells and wanted to go to NE. Since that would be a promotion the Jets would be unable to block it. So Parcells “retired” making BB the head coach by operation of contract (i.e. not by an actual hiring process), enabling the Jets to c*ckblock NE since it would now be a lateral move.

BB now really didn’t want to stay at that point because Parcells would be the GM and shadow coach and BB wouldn’t have the independence he wanted (in addition to the ownership change, but I think that was somewhat of a pretext and Parcells hanging around was the real reason). So he quit as HC of the NYJ, sued the Jets and NFL to be set free, lost, and was then eventually set free by Parcells after he squeezed a bunch of draft choices out of NE.

That’s not what happened. BB was never hired by the Jets as a head coach, BB’s 1997 assistant coach contract said he’d become HC of the NYJ when Parcells left.

BB got tired of Parcells and wanted to go to NE. Since that would be a promotion the Jets would be unable to block it. So Parcells “retired” making BB the head coach by operation of contract (i.e. not by an actual hiring process), enabling the Jets to c*ckblock NE since it would now be a lateral move.

BB now really didn’t want to stay at that point because Parcells would be the GM and shadow coach and BB wouldn’t have the independence he wanted (in addition to the ownership change, but I think that was somewhat of a pretext and Parcells hanging around was the real reason). So he quit as HC of the NYJ, sued the Jets and NFL to be set free, lost, and was then eventually set free by Parcells after he squeezed a bunch of draft choices out of NE.
In 1997 Belichick was named hc of the Jets while parcells was trying to get out of his contract.
In 2000 parcells Retired and promoted bb to hc. Bb resigned.

BB was hired as the Jets “interim HC” in 97 while the pats and jets were still in talks for possible compensation for parcells. Once the trade for parcells was complete BB became the assistant HC and DC.

No I don’t think that because I know Brady’s history over 20 years, and I am not creating meaning in between his words or actions to support my predetermined belief.

Give me one clear example of Brady saying he is angry at kraft.
This isn't perhaps as clear as an explicit quote, but weeks ago, just on the portion of video that they show in the weekly locker-room clip after every win that shows Belichick giving the "good job, guys," brief speech followed by Slater's, "How do we feel...," Brady came into the locker room and was hugging every other player or coach he saw...And he gave Kraft a decidedly cold handshake. He didn't even smile at him. I and everyone else have seen Brady hug Kraft dozens of times after games - and that hug was conspicuously absent on the day in question.

And that was after a win. They don't show the locker room after losses; I would go out on a limb and wager that Brady was even less cordial to Kraft after last week, or after the Baltimore game.

To take it further, any human being with a pulse and a shred of emotion, when put into the situation Brady has been put in, said situation being having to watch your last best chance potentially go down the drain because the piece that would have made said chance a damn good chance got cut for an asinine reason...when put into such a situation, anyone with a pulse is going to have less than complete and utter gratitude toward the rube that put one in said situation.

And Brady is not known for being emotionless. You really think he's gesturing with his helmet in disgust on national TV and chewing out his receivers, but is still nothing but feels for Kraft, the guy that put him in this situation and is refusing to lift a finger even to try to remedy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST