PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Patriots OTA's 5-31-2023

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Boutte's movements remind me of Malcolm Mitchell its a shame he had that bum knee Mitchell would still be in his prime here.
Wasn't it Mitchell who messed up his elbow planting his hand on the ground to catch himself? He seemed to have the joint integrity of an overcooked roast chicken. Too bad, he had skills.

Wasn't it Mitchell who messed up his elbow planting his hand on the ground to catch himself? He seemed to have the joint integrity of an overcooked roast chicken. Too bad, he had skills.
I don't remember that I just remember his knee from College that's why we got him where we did.

Last edited:

This was as good a year as any to get a young guy for the future in what was considered a Strong TE class. IF you're going to use such a package it would be nice to have decent depth in case of injury I don't think we have that @ TE.

LIVE: Patriots Catch-22 - Evan Lazar (Video Edition) | 2 - 3:30 PM

Evan Lazar and Alex Barth take a deep dive into the X's and O's, trends, and latest New England Patriots roster moves.

Hopefully, we will see a lot of this this upcoming season.

Definitely looks like TT added weight. He can add some more as his career goes on but the work in the weight room is obvious from last year. Optimism is growing.

Everyone is pissed at how last year went, and Judge didn't acquit himself well. And he didn't do so great in New York, either.

That said, before Judge left for the Giants, and the reason he got a head coaching job in the first place was because the Patriots' special teams under his direction were the envy of the league. Clockwork. Some people have a ceiling for responsibility and get in trouble whenever the stage gets too big.
Doesn't mean that Judge can't go back to directing a great ST unit. And while the NFL is trying to diminish the role of STs, the lack of a top-tier unit has cost the Pats at least 4 games over the last couple of years. If Judge can bring them back to prominence, I really don't care about last year or the Giants' stint.
It's a lot like bringing Bill O'Brien back. I live in Texas, and when the reports first started that the Pats were looking to bring him back, every Texans fan I talked to made this face and complained about how he ran Houston into the ground.

Once I said I don't need him to make personnel decisions, I just want him to run the offense, most of them would say something along the lines of "yeah, that's true."

If Judge brings the special teams back to what it used to be, I won't care that he sucked on offense.

This was as good a year as any to get a young guy for the future in what was considered a Strong TE class. IF you're going to use such a package it would be nice to have decent depth in case of injury I don't think we have that @ TE.

It is a little weird. Would’ve made sense to target TE if they’re going to use two TEs frequently. But maybe they like Scotty Washington and they don’t think the fourth guy needs to be any better than a JAG.

This take isn’t from watching a couple of days in shells. It’s a thought I’ve had already.

I’m way more optimistic about this year than last year. I really am. The OC situation alone changes things entirely.

I think this defense will be really good. If Mac plays like the guy we saw in 2021, I mean… the weapons are better. I think the OL should be better as well (although still spotty) run game should remain stout. If that happens, why can’t this team be good?

why can’t this team be good?
I'll settle for competitive.

Seriously. The simple fact of less procedure penalties...less whatever the bleep the opposite of clutch play is...will make this team eminently more watchable. Add that to being in most games last year even WITH those things and it should make for a much more enjoyable season of football.

It's a lot like bringing Bill O'Brien back. I live in Texas, and when the reports first started that the Pats were looking to bring him back, every Texans fan I talked to made this face and complained about how he ran Houston into the ground.

Once I said I don't need him to make personnel decisions, I just want him to run the offense, most of them would say something along the lines of "yeah, that's true."

If Judge brings the special teams back to what it used to be, I won't care that he sucked on offense.
Great to see you posting!

Hard to take ANYTHING seriously from a shorts and T-shirt practice.......BUUUUTTT, it was really good to hear that not only did Thornton look bigger, he flashed some EXPLOSIVENESS. I never saw that from him last season. Too many wasted steps. But I have often said, becoming a polished WR is a multiyear process for most WR's.

We all talk about separation when we talk about receivers, and GETTING that separation happens in the most part, from getting off the LOS. Getting a half step coming off the LOS often translates into a yard when the receiver makes his route cut later.

Normally I don't go to TC practices until they put on pads, but this season I might go to a couple just to see what guys like Giseki, JJ and Thornton look like in person

You speak the truth. I live in houston. I made a face too, but when I thought of him replacing the matt and judge show, I smiled.

Hard to take ANYTHING seriously from a shorts and T-shirt practice.......BUUUUTTT, it was really good to hear that not only did Thornton look bigger, he flashed some EXPLOSIVENESS. I never saw that from him last season. Too many wasted steps. But I have often said, becoming a polished WR is a multiyear process for most WR's.

We all talk about separation when we talk about receivers, and GETTING that separation happens in the most part, from getting off the LOS. Getting a half step coming off the LOS often translates into a yard when the receiver makes his route cut later.

Normally I don't go to TC practices until they put on pads, but this season I might go to a couple just to see what guys like Giseki, JJ and Thornton look like in person
Not to be a downer, but I seem to remember that Thornton was burning people all over the field with his little double move last year - in training camp.

I seem to remember that Thornton was burning people all over the field with his little double move last year - in training camp.
Hyperbole is the standard for all pre-season events (OTAs, camp, etc)...the words Agholor is uncoverable and catching everything thrown his way was written multiple times the last TWO preseasons...and then the lights came on and...

Just remember this is the same media that will tell you "the worst storm ever" or "best movie in years" or "he/she deserves your vote". Believe them or your own lying eyes.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back