PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots News Bomb Incoming? SCUD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me summarize : so some dude got some (somewhat) inside info about the pats via external sources (JE suspension right before announced - probably not super hidden via NFL office) and felt the need to create extra drama now that (s)he had some cred. and it's blows into Gronk getting trade, the whole media having inside source, etc. only to reveal there was nothing there

let me summarize : so some dude got some (somewhat) inside info about the pats via external sources (JE suspension right before announced - probably not super hidden via NFL office) and felt the need to create extra drama now that (s)he had some cred. and it's blows into Gronk getting trade, the whole media having inside source, etc. only to reveal there was nothing there

You forgot to include, a lot of people on this board didn't get as much done as they had planned today.

While I'm upset at this bozo, I'm relieved that things aren't worse.

What a bunch of marks.
Y'all fell for the banana in the tailpipe.

Redditlover1981 (u/Redditlover1981) - Reddit

" There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say “I’ve got bad news about the patriots”, I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought “oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct”, and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys…

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is…national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused."

17 pages, must be big news?

So what happened?

What happened was we found out PFT's version of 'Nick from Boston' is some reddit poser who reads posts here at patsfans and presents them on reddit as inside scoops, which in turn makes PFT the lion's share of the media's 'Nick from Boston' all hopefully much to the amusement of the original Nick. PFT 'Borgesed' themselves but in spite of the joy they took in raking that fraud over the coals I don't think we should hold our breath for any mea culpa out of them.

" There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say “I’ve got bad news about the patriots”, I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought “oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct”, and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys…

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN’T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is…national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused."

Called it!

That Reddit guy got exactly what he wanted. I bet if he hadn't made that second post about something big today, then none of the Gronk rumors happen.

He might have even gotten lucky with the Edelman call. If I were gonna start a rumor about a Pats player getting suspended for PED use, sure, why not Edelman (coming back from an injury).

Maybe he starts rumors like this frequently in case one comes true. Then when it does, your post is picked up nationally (Deadspin etc.), and you have the spotlight on you. So much attention.

(and yes I'm aware that me guessing that he guessed it is somewhat ironic...)

So who posted the most in this thread ... take a bow.

Frickin Jest fans

Fred Kirsch is dead on here:

But it won't change anything. The 24 hour news beast needs its noms.

Personally I don't dismiss the possible Gronk trade out of hand because it seems like exactly the sort of thing Belichick would do. Trade too early before it is too late.

I also could see Brady saying 'look I didn't work my ass off here in my twilight years for you to trade the greatest Tight End in team history, if this is what you're going to do then I'll make my wife very happy and retire.'

But sorting out what was a rush to retweet vs. what was actual separate sources is impossible.

So yeah, today I'm definitely feeling like sports media can fuk themselves.

The heck?! Lol can they edit the thread title for us latecomers

Oh good thank god I missed all of this drama!

oh no, are we now message board enemies?

Meh, can't see what would elevate you to any position of message board consequence But if you could point out where the fire was that produced that smoke it sure would be helpful, 'cause I just didn't see any at all.

First Nick in Boston now this dude. Ripping the media a new ass. hahaha I love it.

JfX8Rig.jpg

Da

Fuq

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes