PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 'Intrigued' By WR Noah Brown

I’d rather the Pats be more intrigued with Noah Fant especially with *all* the tight-ends under contract!

of course the Pats are interested in a guy who's production mirrors Davante Parker.
Except Browns production was while being apart of a stacked offense. Parker was the #1 option and only put up those numbers. Like Brown as a #2/3 option.

Sign Marquise Brown, Noah Brown, Noah Fant and by the transitive property Marquise Fant if he’s out there.

Trade Parker for some fresh air.

Sign Tyron Smith or Jonah Williams for LT.

Then take Daniels/Maye at #3, Legette at 34 and Patrick Paul at 68.

WR Room:
M. Brown
X. Legette
D. Douglas
N. Brown
J. Smith-Schuster

Brown makes me think of a Belichick receiver. Tough kid who can block

I actually like Brown, but if this is who we are chasing to make improvements , we are in big trouble

Brown makes me think of a Belichick receiver. Tough kid who can block

I actually like Brown, but if this is who we are chasing to make improvements , we are in big trouble
We’re hopefully chasing after bigger fish (Ridley, M. Brown, G. Davis) but that WR room needs an absolute overhaul. Douglas and Smith-Schuster (only because of contract) are the likely roster locks. I like Brown as a Bourne replacement. Need a higher end guy and a draft pick to take Parker’s spot.

Can we get blood from a stone??

Looking The Amazing Race GIF by CBS
Pissing out a kidney stone.

Noah Brown doesn't move the needle... We have a wr room full of 4 catch/40 yard type guys...

We need to revamp the offensive philosophy surrounding wide receivers on this team... Need to be targeting guys that can get more than the average...

With every good player tagged, start looking at guys like Calvin Ridley

Noah Brown doesn't move the needle... We have a wr room full of 4 catch/40 yard type guys...

We need to revamp the offensive philosophy surrounding wide receivers on this team... Need to be targeting guys that can get more than the average...

That's what I'm saying Pape I say pay Ridley he immediately improves that area we have too many #3 and #4 WR's masquerading as #1 and #2 that's why we suck on Third downs. We have nobody who can get free when the clamps are on.

Ridley would be awesome. He immediately slots everyone into roles that better suit their abilities. But he just became the biggest/likely most sought after offensive skill position player on the market. Hope we can make that happen.

Also when it comes to Noah Brown, he doesn’t move the needle as a top option, but he’s a pretty good #3 outside option.

Ridley
Legette/Other draft pick
Brown

Douglas
Smith-Schuster

That's what I'm saying Pape I say pay Ridley he immediately improves that area we have too many #3 and #4 WR's masquerading as #1 and #2 that's why we suck on Third downs. Get a real WR I am sure Wolf is not blind.

Also when it comes to Noah Brown, he doesn’t move the needle as a top option, but he’s a pretty good #3 outside option.

Ridley
Legette/Other draft pick
Brown

Douglas
Smith-Schuster
That's what I'm saying.

Ridley, Tyron Smith and Onwenu should be the first 3 moves we go after. Smith and Onwenu are vital to the health of Jayden Daniels and getting him a #1 receiving option to grow with. Then focus in on a TE, #2 RB and filling out the WR room.

Edit: Wrong thread.

I think Juju dead $$$$ will be a little more palatable next year with the cap increase I have a feeling he's going to royally suck again this year thanks former GM.

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor
I don't get all the JuJu hate. He looked ok in a couple of games near the end of last season, I haven't heard anything negative about his health/recovery, so I expect him to play like he did at KC in 2022. Not a game breaker but a solid possession receiver with good YAC. Plus we're tied to him financially.

otoh I've seen enough of Parker and hope they can trade him to get him off the books (probably for no more than a 6th for 7th swap in 2025).

Thornton? It's within the realm that he has a breakout year, so that's a wait and see. Similarly, Boutte is a question mark - he showed some potential early last year then totally disappeared, but he could show up and sieze a spot.

So the net of all that is we have under contract 2 keepers who are good/not great, 2 question marks (50% chance of having a career), and one we need to trade away. We need to add a good FA like Ridley, a high quality draftee in the top 34-60 range, and a mid rounder to that mix.

I don't get all the JuJu hate. He looked ok in a couple of games near the end of last season, I haven't heard anything negative about his health/recovery, so I expect him to play like he did at KC in 2022. Not a game breaker but a solid possession receiver with good YAC. Plus we're tied to him financially.

otoh I've seen enough of Parker and hope they can trade him to get him off the books (probably for no more than a 6th for 7th swap in 2025).

Thornton? It's within the realm that he has a breakout year, so that's a wait and see. Similarly, Boutte is a question mark - he showed some potential early last year then totally disappeared, but he could show up and sieze a spot.

So the net of all that is we have under contract 2 keepers who are good/not great, 2 question marks (50% chance of having a career), and one we need to trade away. We need to add a good FA like Ridley, a high quality draftee in the top 34-60 range, and a mid rounder to that mix.
Juju will cash those checks but he won't live up to those $$$$$$. Thornton and Boutte what has history shown us?? I don't have either making the 2024 squad Juju will be here but it's not by choice.

260 yards is that what $10 Mill gets you these days?? :rolleyes:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back