PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 'Intrigued' By WR Noah Brown

Highlights from his play last season:

Made some solid catches and at 28yrs old could be a nice addition.

He’s an underrated option on the market. Had some crazy production in spurts last year.

This sounds like the Robby Anderson report from a year ago. Is there anything actually notable about their interest in Brown, or is he just one of the hundred guys they’re interested in that reporters got an agent to actually name?

This sounds like the Robby Anderson report from a year ago. Is there anything actually notable about their interest in Brown, or is he just one of the hundred guys they’re interested in that reporters got an agent to actually name?
Lot of targets, not so many catches, elusive player I reckon.

He can replace Bourne if we can't retain him.

He can replace Bourne if we can't retain him.
Yeah, seems like the Bourne backup plan. Probably not room on the roster for both guys, as they would fill similar roles, plus Juju will likely still be here, and Pop will be on the field often, and none of the above are a WR1.

5 TD's in 6 years doesn't move the needle for me give Ridley or Chark. I want a little more than Noah Brown have to offer let's not go BB on our WR's please Mayo and Wolf.

Last edited:
The new Carter.

When you refuse to get a legit # 1 WR opt for the bargain bin option.

Welcome to the Patriots where low risk/ high reward is the mantra.

The new Carter.

When you refuse to get a legit # 1 WR opt for the bargain bin option.

Welcome to the Patriots where low risk/ high reward is the mantra.
Oh I hope not we'll be talking about the Draft in week 6 again nowadays you're getting exactly what you pay for. I see no intrigue in Noah Brown but that's just me.

Our WR depth chart right now is...

Douglas - profiles as a slot only type, encouraging rookie year but definitely a stretch right now to project pro bowl sort of production
Parker - as "meh" as it gets, older, injury prone, seems to have a nonchalant attitude
Juju - FA bust
Thornton - total bust to date
Boutte - late round pick that showed nothing to inspire confidence

Some of those guys might be gone this year. Parker and Juju if they are here is most likely due to contracts not being favorable to move on now so just holding onto them to round out the depth chart, but hard to imagine either would be here beyond this upcoming season. Thornton and Boutte will be in camp battles to even make the team, much less actually earn playing time.

I get that we need a #1 WR (and a #2 outside guy too), but the depth chart is pretty damn empty. Even if a guy like Noah Brown doesn't check a box at the top of the depth chart ideally, we have to explore options at really all levels of the depth chart.

Our WR depth chart right now is...

Douglas - profiles as a slot only type, encouraging rookie year but definitely a stretch right now to project pro bowl sort of production
Parker - as "meh" as it gets, older, injury prone, seems to have a nonchalant attitude
Juju - FA bust
Thornton - total bust to date
Boutte - late round pick that showed nothing to inspire confidence

Some of those guys might be gone this year. Parker and Juju if they are here is most likely due to contracts not being favorable to move on now so just holding onto them to round out the depth chart, but hard to imagine either would be here beyond this upcoming season. Thornton and Boutte will be in camp battles to even make the team, much less actually earn playing time.

I get that we need a #1 WR (and a #2 outside guy too), but the depth chart is pretty damn empty. Even if a guy like Noah Brown doesn't check a box at the top of the depth chart ideally, we have to explore options at really all levels of the depth chart.
I think Juju dead $$$$ will be a little more palatable next year with the cap increase I have a feeling he's going to royally suck again this year thanks former GM.

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

5 TD's in 6 years doesn't move the needle for me give Ridley or Chark. I want a little more than Noah Brown have to offer let's not go BB on our WR's please Mayo and Wolf.
Brother, Hollywood brown and Ridley would suffice for me.. still have pop, KB will resign, we have to at least get something out of Thornton..

Brother, Hollywood brown and Ridley would suffice for me.. still have pop, KB will resign, we have to at least get something out of Thornton..
Can we get blood from a stone??

Looking The Amazing Race GIF by CBS

Can we get blood from a stone??

Looking The Amazing Race GIF by CBS
this is most likely his last opportunity.. AVPs offense is WR friendly.. so let's see if he can do something

That's a misleading stat, since most of his production has been over the last two seasons.

You're more buying in on his upwards trajectory here.

That's a misleading stat, since most of his production has been over the last two seasons.

IF he's an alternative to Parker and BoneMan fine I still think we can do better.

Don't be fooled by Browns stats he was playing on a Stacked Houston Offense with him being an after-thought.

Nico Collins = Stud # 1 WR

Tank Dell = Rookie who I wanted last Draft but was told he was too small by many on here. :rolleyes:

TE D Schultz = Stud TE

Robert Woods. = Solid WR.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3