PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots get Chad Jackson!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiper has a us picking Ton Gonzales at #28. I really like this kid. He has Patriots type player written all over him.

But, many have him ranked in the second round right now, so we shall see as we get closer to draft day.
Don't see it happening. Kiper also said that Mike Williams, WR from USC, was the best player in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Don't see it happening. Kiper also said that Mike Williams, WR from USC, was the best player in the 2005 NFL Draft.

its not always a player that just turns out to suck...its coaching and your surrounding. i dont blame Williams 100% for being a bust. Detroit + Harrington are a big part ..

i stand by my reaction aswell. chad is the man

absolutely has every right to stand by his reaction

he's only played one season...its tough to fill in such big shoes and be productive when you're expetation level is higher than other receivers drafted after him

i suppose we shoudl "poo poo" on maroney for not getting the same, or better, numbers as addai...

as a rule you dont pick a WR before the 3rd, and that is only if a 2nd round value WR slides to us in 3.
What rule is this? Three times in the last five drafts BB has taken a WR in the second round! Twice very high in the second. Once trading UP to get the guy.

Right now, he's not even ranked top 50. Again, Depends on Pats value board, etc. (I cant see them seeing value in him at #28), but as a rule you dont pick a WR before the 3rd, and that is only if a 2nd round value WR slides to us in 3. Day one WR's are too high a risk on the risk/ reward ratio. And they are very high reward on the risk reward ratio on day 2. So guess where I wanna pick one?

Ahh, the essence of my philosophy. High reward for the risk taken at the pick.

Alot will depend upon this weeks combine at Indy and the private workouts (especially if Gonzalez doesn't participate). However, at this point Gonzalez is definitelty a Patriots type player. He is 6' 200 lbs and very fast (4.3's). He is also smart (an academic all american and I believe a Rhodes Scholar). He runs great routes and won't last until their second round pick #60 overall. If they want him they will need to move up or select him at the bottom of the 1st round like they did with Logan Mankins who was also projected as a 2nd round pick.

What rule is this? Three times in the last five drafts BB has taken a WR in the second round! Twice very high in the second. Once trading UP to get the guy.

Obviously not his (or many of yours) its my rule of thumb. Just me. Did you read the rest of the post? BB/SP use a value grouping philosophy. I use a risk reward philosophy. TE, RB, DE, LB, DB, LT, QB. Thats all I would draft in rds 1 and 2 on any year. And before anyone gets too carried away with the "what if we need so and so but not so and so" rant, remember, the team doesn't draft for need either. The risk vs reward at those positions is smaller in the early rounds. More than at the other positions, these are pretty well indicated by how the candidate plays in college. Especially at the "all star" games. Now I know anyone can point to a WR, C, G, RT, DT, NT that did great after being drafted early. But the risk is larger at those positions of a bust. Especially with the new CBA, when a 2nd rounder only has 3 years then is an RFA. Just my way of evaluating talent in the draft, is all.:D

Seriously, why is this thread still active? This thread was created last April. Yes, the Pats have Chad Jackson. What is your point?

Seriously, why is this thread still active? This thread was created last April. Yes, the Pats have Chad Jackson. What is your point?

The thread was re-activated earlier today as a retrospective. A chance for hindsight commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back