PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots favored by -3 margin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quest4SevenHomie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I thought we were the underdogs? What has suddenly changed?

Is there any obscure stats that determines what percentage of favorites actually win?

EDIT: Apparently, OddShark (not sure how reliable they are), says that the past 5 out of 6 underdogs have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

All-Time Super Bowl Betting Odds History

Last edited:
The betting line simply reflects odds makers best guess as to what will attract equal amounts of money for each team. It is NOT necessarily predictive of who will win. It reflects predicted betting behavior of bettors on each side of the line. I would serioulsy doubt taht the betting line is a good predictor of outcome.

Line started at -1.5 for Rams, but then as lots of Patriots money came in they switched line to -2.5 to attract more money on rams

Apparently, OddShark (not sure how reliable they are), says that the past 5 out of 6 underdogs have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

All-Time Super Bowl Betting Odds History
This is nothing more than a fun trend. I would counter this point with the fact that the team who wears white had won the SB 6 years in a row prior to last season.

I do think that it may suggest two things: 1) there is a lot of parity in the NFL, particularly in the NFC conference, and 2) the Pats play some close, tight ass SB games!

Immediately after the game, the two books I checked had the pats favored. I'm not sure why so much of the media was running with us being +1, but that confused me. -2.5 or -3 is right around where we were last year.

Being the favorite generally bodes well for your chances. While other people are correct that it's not purely predictive, as they're more looking to balance the money, there's certainly a correlation between being favored and winning

This is rather odd, went to the Willliam Hill website.. the group that Twin River relies on for Sports Betting to see the latest odds and the following popped up I do not understand the business and subtleties of gambling..

Desktop-overlay.jpg

Well, while SCOTUS allowed states to legalize gambling, the federal laws banning gambling across state lines, etc. were left untouched (that’s the reason for the geofencing restrictions in the various gambling apps that NV and NJ let you use which enforce that you’re physically in the state). Same for banning overseas gambling from the US. Also, current US foreign account registration rules have led lots of overseas financial institutions to refuse to do business with US citizens and greencarders.

So I’m guessing this block is WH taking the easy way out to not even potentially dealing with any red tape by simply not letting people in the US even access that website.

it's the flow of money.........they're trying to get someone to take the rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back