PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut WR Bruce Ellington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge leap to say both Ubosi and Berrios will beat out Dorsett. Right now Dorsett is WR2 even if a few guys beat him out it would be a long fall to not making the roster at all. Nothing I've seen from Berrios makes me think he's close to Dorsett and I need to see Ubosi in camp at least before going that far with him.

The 6 I start with are
Jules
Dorsett
Harry
DT
Maurice Harris
Slater

The rest have to prove themselves worthy of an NFL spot or unsuspended.
Clearly Dorsett is the 2nd most experienced WR on the current roster.

I think we've seen his ceiling and Bill will keep kids with higher ceilings.

I just don't see DT making it.

Harris is another interesting possibility

I'm a huge Ubosi guy based on absolutely nothing.

Are you sure it's absolutely nothing? Isn't the Full Ubosi your favorite request at the Kit Kat Ranch?

LOL.

Doug Kyed had this whole quote from Lombardi on Ellington this morning saying he has the talent to be the best slot WR in NEP history...bla bla

Gone.

Eh, I don't think Lombardi is that far off in terms of on field talent. Talented player. The problem is that Ellington has had trouble staying on the field due to his chronic hamstring problems.

Eh, I don't think Lombardi is that far off in terms of on field talent. Talented player. The problem is that Ellington has had trouble staying on the field due to his chronic hamstring problems.
I just think its funny how he was featured today and this afternoon was cut.

Kyed is the kiss of death

Julian Edelman - from day 1
N'Keal Harry - from day 1
Phillip Dorsett - from day 1, not a lock though
Slater- special teams from day 1

Demaryius Thomas- I expect him to make it, if / when healthy, PUP?
Josh Gordon- I expect him to make it, when sober, likely mid-year or late year, though

I like one of these three guys to make it, until JG is reinstated, going to the PS afterwards, with the other 2 hopefully sliding to the PS right away:

Jakobi Meyers
Braxton Berrios
Xavier Ubosi

I am less sure about these guys. I think they'd need an injury to find a spot, or we lose a guy who gets claimed before a PS assignment:

Maurice Harris
Damoun Patterson
Ryan Davis

It will be interesting, though, to see kickoff and punt return guys who excel, which would certainly alter the pecking order near the bottom. Love to relieve JE of his regular season PR duties or at least give him a time share, and CP leaving leaves a hole at KR.

Cut like GOT cut or released?

Ubosi reminds me of A poor man's Stefan Diggs on film.
I'm curious to hear the camp reports

I think that Harris has as good a shot as Myers, Berrios and Ubosi. I suspect that Harris had more receptions last year (28) than all three will have this year.

Julian Edelman - from day 1
N'Keal Harry - from day 1
Phillip Dorsett - from day 1, not a lock though
Slater- special teams from day 1

Demaryius Thomas- I expect him to make it, if / when healthy, PUP?
Josh Gordon- I expect him to make it, when sober, likely mid-year or late year, though

I like one of these three guys to make it, until JG is reinstated, going to the PS afterwards, with the other 2 hopefully sliding to the PS right away:

Jakobi Meyers
Braxton Berrios
Xavier Ubosi

I am less sure about these guys. I think they'd need an injury to find a spot, or we lose a guy who gets claimed before a PS assignment:

Maurice Harris
Damoun Patterson
Ryan Davis

We may go youth movement im shocked they only drafted one rookie wr

I could see Jakobi Meyers beating out the old Demaryius Thomas for the last WR roster spot IF Gordon stays suspended.

If Gordon comes back, it'll be Gordon-Edelman-Harry-Dorsett

I’m annoyed with myself that it still bugs me they didn’t get Humphries. Would have been a perfect fit here.

I think that Harris has as good a shot as Myers, Berrios and Ubosi. I suspect that Harris had more receptions last year (28) than all three will have this year.
Yep...as of right now, Harris is #4 on my depth chart, so that means he makes club unless the next transaction at WR is a big one...and that right soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back