PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

Quite frankly, that may have been the best course to take because NE might have gotten a 3rd round compensatory pick instead.
You don't get compensatory draft picks for a player that was cut.

One of the toughest son of a ***** to ever put on a Patriots uniform. This man was absolutely fearless going across the middle. He didn't shy away from the big hit. The epitome of the mental toughness that defined what the Patriots were all about, during their Superbowl run from '15-'19.

The level of toughness and output that he and Welker exhibited was on a completely different level. A rare breed.

I'm going to say this. LeSean McCoy is just bitter because he knows there is no way he's getting into the Hall of Fame even with the ring he got with Tampa. He's an after-thought.

I think that Edelman SHOULD get in because he's been one of the league's best all-around players. He wasn't just a "slot receiver" . He lined up all over the place. He played Special Teams. He played Defense for part of a season. And yes, he's EXCELLED in the post-season ranking second only to Jerry Rice in numerous categories.

I'm going to say this. LeSean McCoy is just bitter because he knows there is no way he's getting into the Hall of Fame even with the ring he got with Tampa. He's an after-thought.

I think that Edelman SHOULD get in because he's been one of the league's best all-around players. He wasn't just a "slot receiver" . He lined up all over the place. He played Special Teams. He played Defense for part of a season. And yes, he's EXCELLED in the post-season ranking second only to Jerry Rice in numerous categories.

Someone else brought this up earlier (@upstater1 ?) but why won't the arguments used to get Lynn Swann in work for Jules. Obviously he was a critical element in the last three trophy wins, has a SB MVP, and had all the dramatic memorable catches.

If the goal was to compile enough stats to get in the HOF I'd understand but if it's to win championships you choose an Edelman type.

Anyway he doesn't need a yellow jacket. He has more game cred than a lot of those who are in.

One of the toughest son of a ***** to ever put on a Patriots uniform. This man was absolutely fearless going across the middle. He didn't shy away from the big hit. The epitome of the mental toughness that defined what the Patriots were all about, during their Superbowl run from '15-'19.

The level of toughness and output that he and Welker exhibited was on a completely different level. A rare breed.

Why put Welker in a great post about Jules?

I hate this thread title because the N near 'RETIRED' always makes me read it as UNRETIRED.

Someone else brought this up earlier (@upstater1 ?) but why won't the arguments used to get Lynn Swann in work for Jules. Obviously he was a critical element in the last three trophy wins, has a SB MVP, and had all the dramatic memorable catches.

If the goal was to compile enough stats to get in the HOF I'd understand but if it's to win championships you choose an Edelman type.

Anyway he doesn't need a yellow jacket. He has more game cred than a lot of those who are in.
Lynn Swan won an extra SB, has 3 Pro Bowls (Edelman has 0) and a First Team All Pro and 2 Second Team All Pros (Edelman has 0). Swann also played 21 less games yet has more TD’s and only 1000 less yards in a less pass happy era,

I love Jules, but the WR position has been brutal for the Hall of Fame.

I hate this thread title because the N near 'RETIRED' always makes me read it as UNRETIRED.
in your case you should be retried for assault and peppering in the latest incident at Longhorn Steakhouse...

Lynn Swan won an extra SB, has 3 Pro Bowls (Edelman has 0) and a First Team All Pro and 2 Second Team All Pros (Edelman has 0). Swann also played 21 less games yet has more TD’s and only 1000 less yards in a less pass happy era,

I love Jules, but the WR position has been brutal for the Hall of Fame.

What about Drew Pearson? He's the one keeping Stanley Morgan out of the HOF. He doesn't have more rings than Edelman, but he was a big Super Bowl cog, apparently, so he deserves it over Stanley Morgan.

Other teams fans simply will not vote Patriot players for Pro Bowls because he's a Patriot.. so IMO there is no argument if you use Pro Bowls etc against Edelman getting in the hall of fame. IMO Slater only gets ProBowls because the Patriots are on TV all the time and everyone remembers he is a special teams player as he is the only one that really gets mentioned all the time on TV, ProBowls are about fantasy football numbers, not ability.

I hate this post because the Fn near 'ordcircle' always makes me read it as Some kind of slug based hentai.

The great thing about the Squirrel is even in retirement he’s going to agitate the haters. Like Brad Marchand, if he’s on your team, you love the guy, if your a fan of the Patriots, you love the guy. If your an opposing player you probably were outworked by the guy so maybe it brings self doubt and they start asking themselves if they could of given more? His career speaks for itself. He accomplished so much more than anyone here ever thought possible. Sure he may not be a hall of famer but every time his name comes up, he will command the attention of the HOF committee for his playoff clutch performances and stats. His personality was a breath of fresh air.

We’ve been pretty blessed to be fans of this team. Sometimes we take it for granted. I know I have. Then you see the departures, watch the highlights and celebrations of their career highlights, accolades and what they meant to their teammates and other fans. You realize it’s over, the journey was awesome and a great ride. Thanks for the great memories to make fans lives just a little better in this world. The true greats make this kind of impact.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back