PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

These are not apples to apples comparisons.

Gronk had documented frustrations with the team he was on, while Edelman has had nothing but good things to say about Belichick and the Patriots.

Gronk didn't film a goodbye video, on the field at Gillette, with the words Foxboro Forever. Not retiring after doing that would look very disingenuous and not be in line with Edelman's personality.

Gronk was 29 when he retired, meaning he was still only 30 after a year off to heal. Edelman is 34 and has no cartilage in his knee.

Yeah, comparing this to Gronk is a bit disrespectful to Jules. People are making it sound like Edelman (or Gronk for that matter) is using a retirement to shoot his way out of town to play for Brady and that clearly isn't the case.

It seems pretty clear that Edelman's knee is dictating this retirement, not Edelman himself. From the sounds of it, Edelman would play tomorrow if he could physically.

Gronk was just tired of the punishment his body and his situation and needed to get away. If he wanted to play, he could have. It clearly wasn't physical because the first thing he did upon retirement was run to the WWE to try to become a wrestler. Even when he retired, people talked about that it could be a one year deal and he would be back in 2020.

Morgan played for the colts and Broncos I think
My mistake then, but I don't remember that and it was a long time ago and I didn't feel like looking it up.

Yep, in April.

Bet he is packing his bags right now headed for Tampa.
Maybe he is but I don't think he can unretire and play anywhere else since the Patriots have his rights for the next year(?)

For anybody that ever repeats what they hear from Felger & Mazz on this forum as fact, or even an opinion that should be taken seriously, I present you their hot take on Julian Edelman. This is from 2011, following a Week 11 MNF game against the Chiefs when JE11's 3rd quarter 72-yard punt return made the score 24-3, putting the game out of reach for KC; the Pats would proceed to win 34-3.

For anybody that ever repeats what they hear from Felger & Mazz on this forum as fact, or even an opinion that should be taken seriously, I present you their hot take on Julian Edelman. This is from 2011, following a Week 11 MNF game against the Chiefs when JE11's 3rd quarter 72-yard punt return made the score 24-3, putting the game out of reach for KC; the Pats would proceed to win 34-3.

Thank God I don’t live in Boston and have to listen to this sh*t.

Thank you jmt57. I despise Felger, et. al. and have not listened to Boston sports radio for over a decade.
With Edelperson retired, the open question is "Without The Squirrel, who will fill the Patriots all important rodent position void?"

After processing for a day, I believe Edelman is hands down my favorite person to ever don a Pats (or any other) uniform. Sorry Bruschi and Troy.

Sighing Sigh GIF

I'll fix it.

Weird to think the longest-tenured player at WR on the roster now is Harry... (except Slater, I guess, but not counting him).
He's been here the same amount of time as Meyers and Olszewski.

He's been here the same amount of time as Meyers and Olszewski.
I guess in a technical sense, Harry was here first but yeah they have all been a Patriot basically the same amount of time.

Now only four players remain from the 2014 champinship squad. McCourty, Slater, Hightower and White.
Five.. You forgot Bolden.

Maybe he is but I don't think he can unretire and play anywhere else since the Patriots have his rights for the next year(?)
Pats released him so no rights.

Thank you, Edelman. Your catch against Atlanta made having to put up with my SIL's taunting tolerable. The fact that the Pats won the game was the icing on the cake..

Gronk did.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back