PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching News / Interview Tracker / NFL Tracker [Quick Updates]

I dont think this really qualifies as them “missing out”. Brown taking a job as the Bears’ “pass game coordinator” is a demotion. I’m guessing he would have accepted the OC job in NE instead if it was offered - in other words, NE did not want him in the first place, so he took a demotion elsewhere.

Update
2/1/24
NFL
Titans to hire Dennard Wilson as DC
Raiders DC Patrick Graham, passed over for HC gigs, is staying in LV
with Mike Macdonalds hiring in Seattle, added Ravens DC to the tracker
Dolphins to interview Chris Shula for DC

Last edited:
Caley probably also wants assurances that ownership will stick with the plan. Lets be honest, being OC of this team "right now" on paper is not a good job.

no QB, no OL, jags for WR's, your best TE is a free agent.....the offense is in shambles and may take more than 1 offseason just to get it back to NFL caliber. some teams get jittery if things dont improve instantly and will fire someone.

if the offense looks pretty decent next year though will make you wonder what would've happened if bill made the obvious choice and hired Caley instead of patricia/judge.....who knows he may still be here.

Caley probably also wants assurances that ownership will stick with the plan. Lets be honest, being OC of this team "right now" on paper is not a good job.

no QB, no OL, jags for WR's, your best TE is a free agent.....the offense is in shambles and may take more than 1 offseason just to get it back to NFL caliber. some teams get jittery if things dont improve instantly and will fire someone.

if the offense looks pretty decent next year though will make you wonder what would've happened if bill made the obvious choice and hired Caley instead of patricia/judge.....who knows he may still be here.
I understand due diligence. I understand some or many don't want to take over such an anemic offense but at what point does the hesitation become an inability to make a decision? We need the new OC on board. The hire may take place today or soon but MAKE a move! Perhaps it's just my frustration and we'll end up with an excellent choice. I still say, MAKE a move!!!

Interesting - two OC interviews for the Pats that we had not heard about at all until now.
Any news on Caley? I thought I heard on the radio he was a finalist?

A weird story from the Herald a few posts up that said he is "the first finalist". No idea wtf that is supposed to mean. The first of several finalists? What does it mean to be a finalist? Why does it matter, why do there need to be finalists at all?

NFL Tracker Update

Commanders to hire Dan Quinn as HC

Ravens promote LB coach Zach Orr to DC

Last edited:
A weird story from the Herald a few posts up that said he is "the first finalist". No idea wtf that is supposed to mean. The first of several finalists? What does it mean to be a finalist? Why does it matter, why do there need to be finalists at all?
Media needs to talk about something.

i think the Pats are putting it out that way so it looks, when they name Caley OC, like they had multiple options to choose from... Stacey James is a krafty guy, real media savvy

Last edited:
i think the Pats are putting it out that way so it looks, when they name him Caley OC, like they had multiple options to choose from... Stacey James is a krafty guy, real media savvy
I see, very, very clever. Well, at this point just name him. I'm fine with it. There has to be an OC in place, he's someone familiar, he's been here. The positive thing with the guys that will remain here are that they have worked under Bill, and likely have a wealth of knowledge. I'm more interested in who we draft and Bring in as FAs.. coaches coach, players play.

i think the Pats are putting it out that way so it looks, when they name Caley OC, like they had multiple options to choose from... Stacey James is a krafty guy, real media savvy
lol, god this was soooooooo wrong... *sigh* a conspiracy theorist I am not apparently...

UPDATE:
Pats Tracker:

New England to hire Alex Van Pelt as Offensive Coordinator

discuss the hiring in this thread
https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/patriots-new-oc-alex-van-pelt.1162976/

or this thread

He has tons of experience and is a West Coast guy. Van Pelt spent the past 4 years running a West Coast offense in Cleveland. So that seems to be the plan.

OL coach is a huge need! Having Cleveland on his resume, not so much a plus. Hahaha. I dunno has anyone watched Cleveland lately, how is their OL play rated in general?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back