PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots asking for this compensation for Jimmy G...

Status
Not open for further replies.
having the #1 allows the browns to do this and still pick in 1st round

also the best draft QB would require the #1 pick, so this way you save that for something else (but lose your 2nd rd) if browns are super smart they do this deal, then turn around and let some QB needy team take the 1st overall for a later 1st and a 2nd, so they make up their 2nd rd for JG, and also get a 1st around the area their 12 came from

The USC kid could be special but Id rather hold on to a sure thing in Jimmy G and forgive me if im gun shy on moving picks to future years.
Unfortunately the timing of when Brady is going to retire and the JG contract aren't going to make that an option for them. As things stand now the best option that brings the most value is to trade JG. The scenario I posted was just my guess as to how they could replace TB down the road. Not sure how this will play out but it is sure going to be interesting.

Myles Garret already declared he doesn't want to play for Cleveland (not directly but he wants the Cowboys to trade up for him which is kind of sending a message to other teams as well). The Browns should trade down their 1st and they could still get a pick before #12. Those idiots should trade for Jimmy G they can't keep drafting forever they need to build a team.

You think he has a fast release and can read a nfl defense quick as Grap?

Maybe Cleveland gives us 1 and we send them Jimmy and our second?

Imagine if we took Garrett Rogers head would surely explode.

You think he has a fast release and can read a nfl defense quick as Grap?

I don't know that he isn't going to Brady's QB coach in the offseason to improve his throwing mechanics. You sure he can't improve?

Parcell's compares him to Troy Brown and Willie McGinest as a high character guy and say he is a winner with leadership skills. He played the Buffalo game with an injury, took one for the team and didn't make excuses.
He looked better than Jimmy G did as a rookie.

If we gets there's why would we swap?

That is assuming they wouldn't want to give us #12 AND their 2nd round pick also.......#12 and a swap of seconds might make it more palatable to them..... just another option.......

Makes sense for that to be leaked in Cleveland even if that didn't come from the Patriots camp, they need to get a feel out of their fan base whether it's a go for it or if they should draft another bust in Watson.
Possibly but if I'm bidding I wouldn't want other bidders to know what I offered because they can simply one up me with a slightly better offer and even start a bidding war.

I dont see it slow release I need to see more he looks more Byron Leftwich then Tom Brady to me.
I understand your concern, but if we restrict our criteria of acceptable future quarterbacks to the ones that are Tom Brady we're just not going to have a quarterback for awhile. Brady isn't Brady because he looks like Brady. Brady is Brady because he makes the most of his athletic gifts. He's Brady because he thinks like Brady. If they think Brissett is the same kinda smart, I don't care that he plays the game differently or that he doesn't quite tick all the Brady boxes (I mean, who the hell does?).

I do know that I'm not the only one that has raved about Brissett's poise and chutzpah. He handled being thrust into a starting role like a veteran backup despite barely having any NFL experience. I loved seeing that. That bodes well for his mental toughness, which is almost more important at that stage of his career than raw physical talents. He just needs to take the time and develop. learn what to maximize, what to minimize, and how to offset his weaknesses. If he can get a bit quicker with his decision making and use his feet to offset that slow release, I'm happy.

Last edited:

The #12 overall pick and their 2nd rounder? Hell yea, pull the trigger!

If that's the offer: live look Patriots taking JG to the airport

namoradacaruaru.jpg

Bill loves value. The browns to me are still the logical choice because of the plethora of picks. I would ask for both their second round picks and their first rounder in 2018. Browns would still keep their first round picks and have a 3rd and 4th rounder. The browns have a ridiculous amount of cap space as well. If the browns suck than we could draft our future QB next year. I like the quarterback class next year.

Looking at Cleveland's perspective, if it's the #12 and #2, I would eventually do it, but the #2 would be for next year. Imagine they have JG, then when free agency starts, use their mountain of cap space to sign both Hightower and Bennett. These moves alone would be a huge turn around for that franchise, but then again it's Cleveland, so they can't get any worse, and unless they have a new head coach eventually all these players would probably end up slacking off once they sign their fat contracts.

Looking at Cleveland's perspective, if it's the #12 and #2, I would eventually do it, but the #2 would be for next year. Imagine they have JG, then when free agency starts, use their mountain of cap space to sign both Hightower and Bennett. These moves alone would be a huge turn around for that franchise, but then again it's Cleveland, so they can't get any worse, and unless they have a new head coach eventually all these players would probably end up slacking off once they sign their fat contracts.

I rather have both their second round picks this year and their 2018 first rounder. I don't feel that's too much considering they will still keep both their first round picks this year and have a ton of cap space. It would give us a total of 5 selections ih the first 3 rounds. Bill loves value.

If it comes from the Patriots then it's probably just them trying to set a ridiculously high starting price to negotiate down from.

Otherwise it's coming from someone's butt.

You know, if teams actually think the Patriots won't tag Jimmy G, why the hell wouldn't they just wait until they can grab him in FA? It's one year. Talk fast to the owners about getting him when the getting is better and about the guys you could get instead with those picks and just... freaking... WAIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back