PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots asking for this compensation for Jimmy G...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will you guys start thinking of the draft picks, or the dreary seasons waiting, that the Pats will have to pay to look for a successor to Brady ??

I remember the dreary seasons needed to suffer through to get to draft Plunkett and Bledsoe, and even then, they weren't the surefire things we wanted. What is the draft pick cost to move from the mid 20s to Top 5, to get a shot at the can't miss college QB phenoms?

Two firsts and more. What did the Rams just pay?

we gotta do it. i would rather win now with brady and worry about the future. eyes on the SB, not the future. BB won't be the coach forever. Brady won't play forever. time is now. let's win more SBs now. we can do it!!

and by the time brady retires jimmy G will be almost 30.

Why do I have a feeling that when all is said and done, he will be traded for a #1 this year, a #4 next year, a million dollars and a clause that if the team trad a for a #1 or a #4 we get the highest pick in that round..... The ultimate"Roger that" comeuppance.

I'd do it for the #12 straight up. Get our highest pick since Mayo or trade down, for a late #1 (stolen pick equivalent) and #2 (replacement for original JG pick).

If we get more, all the better.

That's is where I'm at. Belichick gets 12 and trades down. And I agree 12 alone is good enough for me to do the deal.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
When will you guys start thinking of the draft picks, or the dreary seasons waiting, that the Pats will have to pay to look for a successor to Brady ??

I remember the dreary seasons needed to suffer through to get to draft Plunkett and Bledsoe, and even then, they weren't the surefire things we wanted. What is the draft pick cost to move from the mid 20s to Top 5, to get a shot at the can't miss college QB phenoms?

Two firsts and more. What did the Rams just pay?

6 quarters of Garrapolo in no way makes him a sure thing, and moving on from the best quarterback in history while he is playing like it is the single dumbest suggestion anyone has ever made on this board.

That's is where I'm at. Belichick gets 12 and trades down. And I agree 12 alone is good enough for me to do the deal.

Don't forget the stolen pick from CameraPlacementgate.

In the last decade, the browns have spent a first (22nd each time) on Brady Quinn (eventually couldn't beat out Derek Anderson), weeden (28 years old during draft), and manziel (the red flag bearer). Not only is Jimmy a much better NFL qb than all those, but the browns have to consider the prospect of spending their 1st round picks on other positions for the next decade.

I think #12 is realistic but #33 may not be. If we get a 2nd from Cleveland it will be the Tennessee pick (#52). Cleveland needs #33 (I think a drop in talent starts after 4oth pick or so), by drafting a Garrett and a Dan Feeney, and I think getting #12 & #52 is still a great haul and almost anyone would make that deal. I know I would. It could net us, for our first 4 picks, a Reuben Foster, Desmond King, Bucky Hodges & a Cooper Kupp (love this kid, but many will say WR is not a need) or a Brian Hill (a one man wrecking crew this past season).

And chances are for 1 reason or another 0 of the guys you mentioned will end up being drafted by New England. Everyone gets there panties in a bunch when they hear about high draft picks but if they were so valuable Cleveland would have been to a couple of super bowls by now.

You need a QB and a Coach everything else is replaceable. The Patriots have proved this for 17 years by picking at the end of rounds most of the time. With a couple of exceptions and trades they have picked 20 or later almost every season and usually 28 or later.

And by coach I mean the coaches whole staff.. but the Head Coach sets up the program most of the time.

we gotta do it. i would rather win now with brady and worry about the future. eyes on the SB, not the future. BB won't be the coach forever. Brady won't play forever. time is now. let's win more SBs now. we can do it!!

and by the time brady retires jimmy G will be almost 30.

Honestly even though it looks like a blessing in disguise that JG got to play and really exploded into the national media and his trade value is now through the roof.. because of the suspension that goody handed us.

But in the end its all about the QB so goody might be happy that we are trading JG for draft picks.. imagine JG stepped in for Brady and the Patriot reign lasted about 12-15 years lol... omg the NFL would try to blow up Gillette stadium.

I don't know that he isn't going to Brady's QB coach in the offseason to improve his throwing mechanics. You sure he can't improve?

Parcell's compares him to Troy Brown and Willie McGinest as a high character guy and say he is a winner with leadership skills. He played the Buffalo game with an injury, took one for the team and didn't make excuses.
He looked better than Jimmy G did as a rookie.
No, he didn't.

And Joe Kapp had excellent leadership skills.

No, he didn't.

And Joe Kapp had excellent leadership skills.

Brissett won the Houston game what exactly did Jimmy do in HIS rookie season?

Comparing Jacoby B to the Joe Kapp that played fo NE is among the dumbest thing I have seen here.

BTW if he sucks as you feel why exactly do we hear that they love him inside the building and why did they 'waste' a roster slot by not putting him on IR? :p

Jimmy Garapollo beat the Cardinals and lit up the Dolphins like the 4th of july

Jimmy Garapollo beat the Cardinals and lit up the Dolphins like the 4th of july
I would have trusted it more if the wins were more grindy and focused less on "talent" and more on "guy with balls of steel who does the little things right." that's kind of where Brady came from. Jimmy G reminds me of Brady's endgame skillset but not so much how he got there, if that makes any sense. And I'd rather see some more "how he got there" than the flashy talent set. It was having to struggle to get any recognition that helped make Brady so good. Jimmy G is going to start with much more reputation and position -- and that's the problem. I'm concerned that the mental toughness that Brady had no choice but to develop will be harder for Garoppolo to come by

Valid point we will never find that combination again in a Quaterback heres the thing we will never find that magic recipe at QB again.

Id settle for Jimmy Gs talent and mechanics plus team mates say hes a natural leader.

6 quarters of Garrapolo in no way makes him a sure thing, and moving on from the best quarterback in history while he is playing like it is the single dumbest suggestion anyone has ever made on this board.

I don't think it's dumb at all. A lot of people have lost a lot of money betting on things that have never happened before. Brady is my all time favorite athlete, but he is 40 and in the history of the NFL there has never been a QB that has had 2 good seasons after turning 40.

I see JG as a special player. He knows the Pats offense and can operate it at a high level, he has a lightening quick delivery and outstanding accuracy. He is perfect for this offense. And I loved how the team took to him early in the season.

I would be completely shocked if the Pats found a better hier to Brady than JG. The pats would be making a big mistake to let JG go, given Brady's age. I'd be very surprised if BB let this happen.

Keeping JG could be the difference between winning 1 more Super Bowl over the next decade versus winning another 3.

Prepare to be surprised

Brissett won the Houston game what exactly did Jimmy do in HIS rookie season?

Comparing Jacoby B to the Joe Kapp that played fo NE is among the dumbest thing I have seen here.

BTW if he sucks as you feel why exactly do we hear that they love him inside the building and why did they 'waste' a roster slot by not putting him on IR? :p
Remind me how many games Brady was suspended during JG's rookie season?

Defense won the games against Houston. Brissett didn't lose it.

And would you expect to hear them trashing a QB they picked fairly high in his rookie year?

I'm sure Brissett is a nice guy and a great leader. I've seen no evidence he's a particular talented passer.

Jimmy G's getting traded. I think brady can play well for the next two seasons. If i am the pats would ask cleveland for both their second round picks and their first in 2018. Cleveland's in position to do that. I like the QB class in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back