PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots are signing Garrett Gilbert

Based on what my eyes have shown me we would of been better off trading the first for Jimmy G vs drafting Mac Jones,
Or taking Davis Mills.
Bill taking Mills in the first round would hopefully get him fired.

I think that only makes sense if you think we're a quarterback away from competing for a Super Bowl. If we're rebuilding, then let's see what we have in Mac. A rookie season where he went to the Pro Bowl and three games into a second season might be a little quick to give up on Mac.
You're right I really like Jimmy though and its' only fair to see IF Mac improves when he comes back. That said if not I would make a pitch for him BB can win with a QB like Jimmy G not great but good enough.

Matt Cassel? Ryan Mallett? Kliff Kingsbury? Kevin O’Connell? There are tons of options!

You're right I really like Jimmy though and its' only fair to see IF Mac improves when he comes back. That said if not I would make a pitch for him BB can win with a QB like Jimmy G not great but good enough.
I think Bill the GM is heartless enough that if he doesn't think Mac will get there and Jimmy is available, he'd make that move this offseason. We know he loves a vet QB. But I only think he'll make that move if he's convinced Mac doesn't have it.

Speaking of Mills he's been kinda bad this year and it's looking more and more like he's a 4 game wonder from last year.

I'd take him as a backup to Mac if the Texans pull the plug. Nothing wrong with Mac feeling like there's competition even if there isn't.

I think Bill the GM is heartless enough that if he doesn't think Mac will get there and Jimmy is available, he'd make that move this offseason. We know he loves a vet QB. But I only think he'll make that move if he's convinced Mac doesn't have it.
Didn't think this was a Transition season coming off last year but we have a lot of things to consider too many???

Speaking of Mills he's been kinda bad this year and it's looking more and more like he's a 4 game wonder from last year.

I'd take him as a backup to Mac if the Texans pull the plug. Nothing wrong with Mac feeling like there's competition even if there isn't.
Based off three games this year I'm not saying Mac is better than anybody maybe at throwing picks. :)

Didn't think this was a Transition season coming off last year but we have a lot of things to consider too many???
Yeah, me too, but I can see the season going a lot of different ways, from a playoff run like last year to a top 10 draft pick.

Based off three games this year I'm not saying Mac is better than anybody maybe at throwing picks. :)
I have no problem saying it. Mills is not better than Mac and neither is Zappe.

Yeah, me too, but I can see the season going a lot of different ways, from a playoff run like last year to a top 10 draft pick.
We definitely need some LB's we have done well on the back end with those young CB's: DL needs some help but some pieces are there.

We definitely need some LB's we have done well on the back end with those young CB's: DL needs some help but some pieces are there.
I think that might be the one statement that the entire board can agree with.

If you don't see any signings today, then BB believes that either Mac or Hoyer will also be available on Sunday in addition to the Zapper

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back