PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots are signing Garrett Gilbert

Who is supposed to be the Pats emergency QB? The gints lost both Danny dimes and tyrod "fragile Fred" Taylor this past weekend... They used saquon Barkley til Taylor got back in....

Thought it was Jakobi Meyers... But not 100% sure... Not that that would have worked for the packers since he was injured this week...

Who is supposed to be the Pats emergency QB? The gints lost both Danny dimes and tyrod "fragile Fred" Taylor this past weekend... They used saquon Barkley til Taylor got back in....

Thought it was Jakobi Meyers... But not 100% sure... Not that that would have worked for the packers since he was injured this week...
It is but Meyers was out with injury, too. I think in the past it's been a runningback (James White?) and a wildcat offense.

My money would've been on Bourne - he had a TD pass to Agholor last year. I read Hunter Henry may have also been an option.

Uncle Rico

It would be insane if we actually go into this game with Zappe starting and Hoyer (technically) a backup, and Meyers back from injury as the emergency QB.

It would be insane if we actually go into this game with Zappe starting and Hoyer (technically) a backup, and Meyers back from injury as the emergency QB.
Reiss said he thought we'd hear about the Pats looking at QBs today (if they're going to look).

I think it's a reality I hope we get Meyers back we have to score and score Often against Detroit.

Would be nice to have Jarret Stidham.
Bet BB wishes he could have that trade back.
BB have too many wishes at this time the Genie in a bottle is shaking its' head. :rolleyes: Some of our problems could have been averted in the Offseason but BB thinks he has forever.

Based on what my eyes have shown me we would of been better off trading the first for Jimmy G vs drafting Mac Jones,
Or taking Davis Mills.
I know some will disagree but Jimmy vs Mac not even close I would take Jimmy 24/7 he's a proven winner. I would go after him in the Offseason but I have a feeling the 49ers are going to rekindle the love affair.

I know some will disagree but Jimmy vs Mac not even close I would take Jimmy 24/7 he's a proven winner. I would go after him in the Offseason but I have a feeling the 49ers are going to rekindle the love affair.
That wouldn’t be a terrible idea.
However it would signal Mac isn’t the guy and he’s more Josh Rosen then Peyton Manning that is a choice there is no walking back.

Danny Etling? I don't remember anything about him, but he probably knows the offense.

Et-ling!
You make my heart sing.
You make everything ... groovy.

EDIT: Though it's got to be admitted that Etling makes Tim Tebow look like a pinpoint passer. Speaking of whom ... :whistle:

Last edited:
I think that only makes sense if you think we're a quarterback away from competing for a Super Bowl. If we're rebuilding, then let's see what we have in Mac. A rookie season where he went to the Pro Bowl and three games into a second season might be a little quick to give up on Mac.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back