PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots | Arbitrator dismisses Branch's grievance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger44 said:
i didnt suggest either, an apology would be all that is necessary.
My apologies, I interpreted take a hike too literally. :cool:

Box_O_Rocks said:
My apologies, I interpreted take a hike too literally. :cool:

I just took my evening hike with my two dogs and Mrs. Lucky. So, I don't want anyonoe to tellme to take a hike tonight, I'm tired now.

Branch is a kid..."trust me" says Chayut...If Sey and Harrison and Jarvis and even the illtempered Dillon sit him down, it's all over...if they don't...wel that speaks volumes for the daniel Grahams and Colvins on this team

You guys are too scary...Brady beat St Louis with nothing..except Troy Brown..this is all an attack on the Patriot model...the agents hate it..because their bottom line is less than what they KNOW they can get

I think Deion will come back, settle amd make these scumbags look even worse than they seem. If chooses to bolt?? Heh..what..the Texans? Detroit? The jets???? Coles has already blown that up.

Your life is defined by acomplishments..Jerry Rice ever threaten to leave when Young took over? Deion Branch has a chance to be unstoppable..because of Watson...how can he not see this?

Box_O_Rocks said:
Perhaps, I'm not going to be too judgmental of other's feelings until they become irrationally over sensitive, where I do have a concern is maintaining some level of civil discourse here. This was a joke that prompted two posters to take offense, since it was a joke and not directly a part of the football discussion, make an apology and allow all parties to move on and enjoy themselves in the forum. No need for banishment or violent congressional-style diatribes - we can save those for NEM's play calling.
I'm sorry, but this is WAY over the top. No apology is necessary. I understand how some people get upset at any violation of political correctness, but can you explain to me just what anyone had to be offended about? No politcal statement was made, either pro or con. Someone mentioned the KKK. So what? As the great philosopher AI said, We're talking about mentioning. Not championing, but mentioning. Mentioning. I mean, it's mentioning. Mentioning.

At least the poster didn't say Nazi Germany. Or the Spanish Inquistion. Those things should NEVER be mentioned, of course. And the Holocaust. Andersonville. Wounded Knee. The Trail of Tears. Ghengis Khan. Attilla. The Bataan Death March. Ivan the Terrible. Judge Roy Bean. Vlad the Impaler. CBS canceling Star Trek in 1969. Hydrox getting ripped off by Oreo. Okay, maybe I went overboard, and I apoligize for the Oreo comment, but Hydrox was the original chocolate creme sandwich cookie.

PATSNUTme said:
Here is somethng that Borges does have right and he inadvertantly mentioned it.

The NFL does not want this thing to go the distance. They don't want this to be a precident
Not only do I agree with this, but I think that is part of Chayut's whole plan. He wants the commissioner to come in and broker a deal to force the Patriots' hand. Kinda like the Parcells to Jets move or the T.O. trade to Baltimore, uh I mean Philly.

racism?...the Russians always win the weight lifting in the O lypics..the Chinese are flawless in gymnastics....Australians play three forms of brutal rugby..the world goes nuts ovver soccer

Here's the arcism..ask ANYBODY from any other country on this earth that has seen Ray Lewis...seen Barry sanders,,,seen Jerry Rice...LaDainian,,joey Porter...freaking san Diego MLB monster...yeah...they all know THAT'S the racism

Born_a_Patriot said:
Just go away Branch.

Did anyone ever think that Branch would become the biggest Ahole in Patriots history.

Just go away. :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :mad:

HUGE overstatement. Branch's team is litigous but you can't say Branch has gone to the media and trash talked his (soon to be former) team or coach. He's just a guy who doesn't believe playing and potentially getting injured for well under market value isn't for him and he no longer likes his workplace. Big deal.
Glenn, Parcells, Law all did worse. Gash and Martin talked some stuff here and there. And that's just the recent stuff.

Who's blowing this up? We are. The Patriots don't even seem that worried about it and willing to let Deion sit out until week 10 if he wants to. The only thing that gets their attention is the possibility of an arbitrator forcing their hand.

All this arguing for a complete standstill and no resolution in sight. OH AND THERE'S A GAME ON SUNDAY!

brady2brown said:
I'm sorry, but this is WAY over the top. No apology is necessary. I understand how some people get upset at any violation of political correctness, but can you explain to me just what anyone had to be offended about? No politcal statement was made, either pro or con. Someone mentioned the KKK. So what? As the great philosopher AI said, We're talking about mentioning. Not championing, but mentioning. Mentioning. I mean, it's mentioning. Mentioning.

At least the poster didn't say Nazi Germany. Or the Spanish Inquistion. Those things should NEVER be mentioned, of course. And the Holocaust. Andersonville. Wounded Knee. The Trail of Tears. Ghengis Khan. Attilla. The Bataan Death March. Ivan the Terrible. Judge Roy Bean. Vlad the Impaler. CBS canceling Star Trek in 1969. Hydrox getting ripped off by Oreo. Okay, maybe I went overboard, and I apoligize for the Oreo comment, but Hydrox was the original chocolate creme sandwich cookie.
I appreciate you correcting yourself over the hydrox/oreo comment. :snob:

Dragda's humor and the other's sensitivity aren't worth a fight, diffuse the situation with an apology and get back to having fun together - it's not much different than inadvertently breaking wind, some find it humorous, other's are deeply offended, KISS protocols are recommended. Certainly it's not as crass as cookie reference - sorry, I shouldn't have dunked your nose in that error, please accept my apologies for reopening the subject. :(

Last edited:
When I was 7 I had a crush on a girl who's initials were KKK. I used to write Pyper loves KKK and she used to write, KKK loves Pyper.

Seriously people, lighten the "bleep" up.

);p

Last edited:
Digger44 said:
As to the second grievance, we actually believe that Branch might be onto something -- if he can show that the Pats failed to negotiate in good faith. Initially, we believed that Branch had no recourse because, as a player currently under contract (and in violation of said contract due to his holdout) he could not credibly argue that the team had any duty to negotiate an extension. But Article XIV, Section 8 of the CBA states that "any Club or player engaged in negotiations for a Player contract . . . is under an obligation to negotiate in good faith."

Still, proving the absence of good faith could be a tall order, and we suspect that Branch will be required to produce a smoking gun or something pretty close thereto if he is to have any shot at showing that the team acted in bad faith. His best bet might be to harp on the allegedly broken promise to trade him; however, it seems to us that there was no negotiation of any kind occurring at the time that the team gave Branch a one-week window to work out a deal elsewhere.

This arbitration stuff has me a little nervous, but I am hanging my hat on the premise that BB/Pioli/Kraft would not have given Branch a smoking gun in terms of a vague concept of what they would expect from another team as compensation or one that would imply that the Patriots would not be the sole arbiter of what would be considered fair compensation.

patchick said:
I think people are assuming that he has the Jason Chayut Red Phone.

Borges has been reporting like he's been in the room for the last week. Either it's getting leaked to him from Chayut or Bellichek, but it's hard to say who exactly:).

OFCOURSE IT'S BRANCH'S SIDE!!!!

brady2brown said:

Good post. Relax.

SBPatsFan said:
ESPN changed its story. Borges appears to be correct and it is on hold.

ESPN is getting alot of stuff wrong lately. Maroney is not playing??? Hmmm.

Branch's agents never even plyed girls field hockey

Som evet will step up if Deion blows it

Looks like an early loss for the Branch team. But it makes sense. You can't get two bites at the apple by filing two grievances when there is really only one issue to settle. I think Branch loses btw, he really doesn't have much of a leg to stand on here.

PYPER said:
When I was 7 I had a crush on a girl who's initials were KKK. I used to write Pyper loves KKK and she used to write, KKK loves Pyper.

Seriously people, lighten the "bleep" up.

);p

See this is crap. Some things just do not need to be joked about. It isn't about lightening up or being funny. Losing a loved one to a certain organization is just not a funny matter. Yet nondiscerning people like you want to make fun of it because that organization has nothing to do with you. All I am saying is be respectful to others people's positions, especially when they are politically charged and you know it. I understand that you are just trying to be funny, and I do not take a personal offense. This is a football board. If you wanna be funny, go try standup comedy.

Digger44 said:
See this is crap. Some things just do not need to be joked about. It isn't about lightening up or being funny. Losing a loved one to a certain organization is just not a funny matter. Yet nondiscerning people like you want to make fun of it because that organization has nothing to do with you. All I am saying is be respectful to others people's positions, especially when they are politically charged and you know it. I understand that you are just trying to be funny, and I do not take a personal offense. This is a football board. If you wanna be funny, go try standup comedy.

The original poster was not deserving of being called out over the comments he made. Nor was he deserving of the "piling on" of people like yourself. People with nothing better than to preach their values on an internet message board ABOUT FOOTBALL. You want to discuss political or emotionally charged issues, I suggest it's YOU who need to go someplace else. And by all means, go quickly.

You see I'm also offended. I'm offended by the lack of emotional maturity of people like yourself who would "CHOOSE" this arena to express that they take offense to an innocent comment. While I understand that we may not always be able to control what offends us, we certainly have control over how we deal with being offended. There are some battles worth fighting and some that aren't. In no way, shape, or form did the original comments warrant a "HIJACKING" of this thread so you and people like you could preach your condescending ideals.

Last edited:
PYPER said:
The original poster was not deserving of being called out over the comments he made. Nor was he deserving of the "piling on" of people like yourself. People with nothing better than to preach their values on an internet message board ABOUT FOOTBALL. You want to discuss political or emotionally charged issues, I suggest it's YOU who need to go someplace else. And by all means, go quickly.

You see I'm also offended. I'm offended by the lack of emotional maturity of people like yourself who would "CHOOSE" this arena to express that they take offense to an innocent comment. While I understand that we may not always be able to control what offends us, we certainly have control over how we deal with being offended. There are some battles worth fighting and some that aren't. In no way, shape, or form did the original comments warrant a "HIJACKING" of this thread so you and people like you could preach your condescending ideals.
Your trash isn't necessary either. I suggest that you are preaching your opinion just as clearly and you are highly hypocritical. If you don't like someone saying that a comment is not appropriate for a football forum than dont let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. Mind your own freaking business. You have no right to tell me to go anywhere. And by all means, get a clue. I do not care if you are offended over someone standing up agaisnt an inapropriate comment. Why don't you drop by tomorrow so I can give you $20. You can go out and buy some character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes