PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots announce 3 Games to Glory release date [update: received 4/26]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my copy in the mail. Can't wait for this weekend when I'll have time to watch it!

In the mail Today...

Went and checked the mail and what do I see?

3 Games to GLORY V!!!! WOOT WOOT..

a week early..

Cool. I thought 5/2 was the release date.

Just got my copy in the mail. Can't wait for this weekend when I'll have time to watch it!

Wait, what? You have a copy before the official release date? Where did you purchase it from?

True. I'll be upgrading to an OLED 4K from my plasma later this year just in time for the Americas Game and others. Also, 4K isn't all there is to it. People get sucked into the 4K idea and don't realize it's more about HDR. 4K HDR is what makes the colors pop and unleashes the true potential of 4K. Too many people buy a "cheap" 4K Tv and aren't getting close to what it really is.

That's a great point! I find this quite irritating. Unless it has proper HDR and 10 bit panels they should keep the tv's in those range at 1080p.

I just got mine in the mail too!

I got mine too

Wait, what? You have a copy before the official release date? Where did you purchase it from?

I got mine in the Mail today. Purchased from the Patriots Pro Shop..

That's a great point! I find this quite irritating. Unless it has proper HDR and 10 bit panels they should keep the tv's in those range at 1080p.

I remember Black Friday last year and the rush for 4K TVs. Lines out the door and I was laughing because my 6 year old Panny Plasma has a better picture than those 4K TVs. Add in the numerous HDR standards (HRD10, Dolby and HLG), it becomes more important for the normal person to do their research. Spend 600 for a 60" false 4k, or 1000 for a legit entry level 4K HDR.

4K HDR is the only thing people should buy IF true 4K is what they want. Then the decision goes down to LED/LCD and OLED. I'm partial to OLED but others may want the torch like levels of brightness from the LED/LCD.

I remember Black Friday last year and the rush for 4K TVs. Lines out the door and I was laughing because my 6 year old Panny Plasma has a better picture than those 4K TVs. Add in the numerous HDR standards (HRD10, Dolby and HLG), it becomes more important for the normal person to do their research. Spend 600 for a 60" false 4k, or 1000 for a legit entry level 4K HDR.

4K HDR is the only thing people should buy IF true 4K is what they want. Then the decision goes down to LED/LCD and OLED. I'm partial to OLED but others may want the torch like levels of brightness from the LED/LCD.

I realized I'm in the minority here but I bought a 4K TV in early 2014 for the 3D.

The argument was that active 3D (battery powered glasses) looked better but the glasses feel heavy on your head. Passive 3D does not have battery powered glasses by the 3D is created by cutting the resolution from each eye. Perfect solution? a passive 4K 3D! Why, b/c half the resolution is still full HD.

Broke into disc 3. Has the FOX broadcast of the 4th qtr and OT with between-play stuff edited out. Also the trophy presentation which is gold when Douchebag gets his ass booed out of the building.

I then proceeded to wipe your face in **** , when I pointed out the fact that the sale of 4K blu ray discs are growing at an astronomically higher pace than blu ray discs did, in a comparable time frame, when they first came out, and the purchase of 4K TVs continues to rise.

Whatever you do, just make sure you wash your hands (dodgeball reference).

I realized I'm in the minority here but I bought a 4K TV in early 2014 for the 3D.

The argument was that active 3D (battery powered glasses) looked better but the glasses feel heavy on your head. Passive 3D does not have battery powered glasses by the 3D is created by cutting the resolution from each eye. Perfect solution? a passive 4K 3D! Why, b/c half the resolution is still full HD.

I have 3D on my plasma and have used it for 10 minutes, once. Just never got into it myself but appreciate those that do.

If you want killer 3D from what I'm told the LG C6 OLED from last year has really phenomenal 3D, and I think it's passive.

Don't worry too much dude. I'm rocking a Sammy 46" LCD circa 2008 and have never looked back. For the price I paid then I ain't getting rid of it yet:p.

I haven't received mine yet .:(

I remember Black Friday last year and the rush for 4K TVs. Lines out the door and I was laughing because my 6 year old Panny Plasma has a better picture than those 4K TVs.
If it's the same Panasonic plasma that I have (Veria? Or something like that?), I'd think you may be onto something.

I bought the 4K Sony Bravia about a year ago for the main room and put the "old" Panasonic in the den. I use it to hook up my phone for the Sunday Ticket, and I swear I like the picture just as much, if not more, than the Sony 4K. Paid about 1,300 for the Sony, I think.

If it's the same Panasonic plasma that I have (Veria? Or something like that?), I'd think you may be onto something.

I bought the 4K Sony Bravia about a year ago for the main room and put the "old" Panasonic in the den. I use it to hook up my phone for the Sunday Ticket, and I swear I like the picture just as much, if not more, than the Sony 4K. Paid about 1,300 for the Sony, I think.

Yeah VT30. Had to get the logic board replaced a couple years ago but good since.

The only TV that is worth replacing a late gen high end Plasma with is an OLED from LG ('16 and '17) and the sweet (but way overpriced) Sony A-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore