PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots announce 3 Games to Glory release date [update: received 4/26]

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I'll be upgrading to an OLED 4K from my plasma later this year just in time for the Americas Game and others. Also, 4K isn't all there is to it. People get sucked into the 4K idea and don't realize it's more about HDR. 4K HDR is what makes the colors pop and unleashes the true potential of 4K. Too many people buy a "cheap" 4K Tv and aren't getting close to what it really is.

Yeah, I've got a premium HDR set and it's spectacular. Planet Earth 2 on it is ...

d91.gif

I'll get it because I have the others. But I've gotten so, so tired of the NFL Films style for actually watching a game. I really really hope they don't load it up with useless "art" shots (like the frame-filling rotating football) like they've done somewhat too much with some in the past.

You can find the 3 Games To Glory 1-3 set on pirate bay in the MP4 format. The set also includes the 3 championship dvd rips.

I got this, it's a good rip. Still, be careful when using torrents.

Awesome, can't wait! Only other info I need is what company is making the rings and when do the Pats get 'em. I know the ceremonies are usually around May/June.

I hope the NFL films do better then the Super bowl LI official bluray. I think they really miss someone like Steve Sabol, when he died he took the heart and drive of that company.

I hope the NFL films do better then the Super bowl LI official bluray. I think they really miss someone like Steve Sabol, when he died he took the heart and drive of that company.
Yeah -- it was a little disappointing that the SB recap was what, only 15 minutes? They used to be 30 minutes.

3 games to glory 4 was never made available on iTunes but it looks like you can pre-order 5 right now. It's about time!
That's great news. Thanks for passing that along. I wish they'd release the others, as well. It baffles me why they wouldn't. They'd obviously make a ton of money.

Yeah -- it was a little disappointing that the SB recap was what, only 15 minutes? They used to be 30 minutes.
Actually it use to have the whole broadcast of the game plus the halftime show.

For the people who missed out on 3 games to glory from the pro shop

Obviously they will be back in stock, but I just pre ordered it using amazon prime. It's only $37.99 for the blu ray on there, instead of the normal $50. Just a heads up

That's great news. Thanks for passing that along. I wish they'd release the others, as well. It baffles me why they wouldn't. They'd obviously make a ton of money.
No kidding - I guess people still buy DVD's, but they're leaving a lot of money on the table with an untapped audience.

Note that my DVD player is in a closet next to my VCR collecting dust.

I hope this 3 Games to Glory V lives up to the standard of the others (or possibly exceeds it). I know this won't be a popular opinion, but does anyone else feel like the championship merchandise has been downgraded significantly in quality?

I feel like the hats and T shirts from this championship are nowhere near the quality from the one two years ago. Hopefully I'm not saying the same thing about the blu ray.

ya, the 2003 and 2004 versions had every play (but the downtime between plays was cut out). I thought that was great for re-watchability.

The bonus features on this latest dvd/blu ray were disappointing.

I believe that was a bonus feature. It was the NFL Network international broadcast of the game, IIRC.

Plenty of 4K blu rays of movies that did poorly at the box office are getting released. Most recent example is Dredd (which is a very fun movie, btw) which did only $41.5 million worldwide and $13 million domestic. Then you've got Ex Machina, which did only $39 million worldwide. Etc.

You'll sell fewer 4K copies, obviously, but you can also charge a higher price for them.

I gave you plenty of legitimate business reasons why the Patriots probably chose not to bother with 4K Blu Ray this year and you're still posting things that have no bearing on their decision making.

Box Office Revenue doesn't have jack **** to do with whether or not the Patriots would have decided to release something on 4K Blu Ray. Companies like Sony, which are valued over $40B have a lot more resources and probably have a facility that produces 4K Blu Rays for them, so their cost is insignificant in comparison to a Company like the Patriots that are valued around $2B..

The more you talk, the more I believe you don't have the first clue about marketing, producing or selling a product. It's not like the Patriots have a 4K Blu Ray factory in the basement of Gillette.. When it comes to this sort of thing, companies typically require minimum purchases. And we're talking in the range of 1-5M units. If the Pats figure they'd only sell 600K units, that means they'd have to eat the cost of the other 400K. Even taking into consideration the upcharge for 4K Blu Ray, that eats into their profits. As does storage of the unsold units and the eventual destruction of said units..

Since you just refuse to accept things that businessmen have to take into consideration why don't you write Stacey James and complain to him. He can probably tell you exactly why they made the financial decision they did, though he may just tell you to pound sand..

Awesome, can't wait! Only other info I need is what company is making the rings and when do the Pats get 'em. I know the ceremonies are usually around May/June.

Jostens is the company that typically makes the rings..

I got an email from them today saying that I can expect it after the 10th of May. I guess it takes a bit longer since I live in Canada. I can't wait to watch it !

I got an email from them today saying that I can expect it after the 10th of May. I guess it takes a bit longer since I live in Canada. I can't wait to watch it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes