PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All Disappointment (Bust) Team During the BB years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Memory

Terrence Wheatley and Jonathan Wilhite were depressing picks in 08. Two midget corners without speed LOL
The obsession with Shawn Crables legs by the media was hilarious. Another disaster pick.

He and Jordan Richards are contenders.

I have my reasons for IR Dowling.
Dowling was hurt a lot. Pats liked to take players who got hurt a lot for some reason. Easley had two torn ACL's in college and then shockingly he tore his acl twice in the pro's.

I’d like to nominate JoeJuan Williams 2019 we traded UP for this bum

also mega 3rd round busts Geneo Grissom Jake Bequette Vince Valentine Tyrone McKenzie and Shawn Crable

also mega 3rd round busts Geneo Grissom Jake Bequette Vince Valentine Tyrone McKenzie and Shawn Crable
The pats took 2 QB's in the 3rd round....magic wand did not work on either one.

The obsession with Shawn Crables legs by the media was hilarious. Another disaster pick.
He was really bad but I’ve never seen a worse 3rd round pick than Jake Bequette who hung around on roster for 5 years because he found dirty pictures of BB and blackmailed him every year

He was really bad but I’ve never seen a worse 3rd round pick than Jake Bequette who hung around on roster for 5 years because he found dirty pictures of BB and blackmailed him every year
Thats where Cam got those!

Dowling was hurt a lot. Pats liked to take players who got hurt a lot for some reason. Easley had two torn ACL's in college and then shockingly he tore his acl twice in the pro's.
Easley was another idiotic pick as well. Another contender.

Williams is up there as well because he wasn’t needed. He goes down as the most unnecessary pick.

Easley was another idiotic pick as well. Another contender.

Williams is up there as well because he wasn’t needed. He goes down as the most unnecessary pick.
Imagine trading up with Metcalf still on the board and we draft Icabad Crane instead

I’d throw Dennard on this all disappointment team. Killed his career due to off the field
Issues.

I don't approve of this thread.....

Just like I didn't approve of Bethel Johnson, the original patriots bad wr draft choice. His career makes nkeal look like a HOFer.

Does Sony make it? His college teammate drafted after him could become a 10 year pro bowler

Does it? He single handily won us the colts game in 03 with those two kick returns
He was a good to great kick off returner for a few years for sure. Worth a second round pick? Probably not, but hardly biggest bust.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Kony Ealy as well... we gave up a second for him and a 3rd in 2017... didnt make the team
Now plays for the Toronto Argonauts. LOL

BB has made some great picks and great signings...I know
A stroll down memory lane. Some of these are certainly arguable (end of career, lower round draft picks)

Qb- Ryan Mallet, Kevin O'Connell, Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury
RB- Laurence Maroney, JR Redmond, Fred Taylor
WR- Nkeal Harry, Aaron Dobson, Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, Josh Boyce, Joey Galloway, JJ Stokes, Chad Ochocinco, Donald Hayes
Tackles- Antonio Garcia, Hijalte Frodholte, Robert Gallery
Guards- Adrian Klemm, Rich Hornberger, Tre Jackson
Center
TE- David Thomas, Garret Mills, Jake Bequette, Scott Chandler, Eric Bjornson

DT- Damion Easley, Ron Brace, Vincent Valentine, Albert Haynesworth, Jonathan Sullivan
DE- Jermaine Cunningham, Geneo Grissom, Derek Rivers, Jonathan Fanene, Derrick Burgess, Shaun Ellis
LB- Andy Katzenmoyer, Shawn Crable, Tyrone McKenzie, Christian Sam, Monty Beisel, Adalius Thomas, Roosevelt Colvin, Bobby Carpenter
CB- Ras Dowling, Brock Williams, Terrence Wheatley, Cyrus Jones, Duke Dawson, Delta O'Neal, Leigh Bodden, Shawn Springs, Duane Starks
Safety- Gus Scott, Dexter Reid, Jordan Richards, Tank Williams

Kicker Justin Rohrwasser, Martin Grammatica
Punter Chris Hanson, Todd Sauerbrun

Nominees for worst busts- Harry, Easley, Chad Jackson, Ras Dowling, Ron Brace, Jermaine Cunningham, Justin Rohrwasser
Bodden? Really? Short memory.

ONeal was also fine.

Thomas and Colvin were not busts.

BB inherited Katz

Valentine was a gamble pick who has a Super Bowl ring. Might as well add Malcolm Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down