PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots +5000 to win it all next year

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
They were +6000 in 2001. With those odds I might put a bet down on that. Why not.

If they get to the playoffs they'll have earned the spot. Really tough schedule and a tough division plus for the first time in the BB era they will be playing both representatives in the previous year's Super Bowl. At least they'll host them (I think) instead of going on the road.

Those odds :rofl: :rofl:

With a new and competent OC, this team will be a force next season. It's going to be either us or the Chiefs as the #1 seed, which is basically a #1 seed for us either way. We own the GOAT QB, the Chiefs in general, and Andy Reid in the postseason. Undefeated against all of them. Arrowhead is our 2nd January home.

I immediately jumped on those +5000 odds. Laid a cool $10K on our 6x SB champion dynasty.

Jerry Seinfeld Laughing GIF

Those odds :rofl: :rofl:

With a new and competent OC, this team will be a force next season. It's going to be either us or the Chiefs as the #1 seed, which is basically a #1 seed for us either way. We own the GOAT QB, the Chiefs in general, and Andy Reid in the postseason. Undefeated against all of them. Arrowhead is our 2nd January home.

I immediately jumped on those +5000 odds. Laid a cool $10K on our 6x SB champion dynasty.

Dude just watched the refs carry kc in 3 playoff games and wrote this

Dude just watched the refs carry kc in 3 playoff games and wrote this
I haven't watched any football since the Patriots' final game of the season.

I simply turned on the TV this morning to find out that Patrick Mahomes has been anointed the new GOAT. I don't make these rankings, so don't take it out on me.

All I know is that we own the GOAT when it matters. Undefeated against him in the postseason. We are his kryptonite.

They were +6000 in 2001. With those odds I might put a bet down on that. Why not.

If they get to the playoffs they'll have earned the spot. Really tough schedule and a tough division plus for the first time in the BB era they will be playing both representatives in the previous year's Super Bowl. At least they'll host them (I think) instead of going on the road.
$20 to make $10k ... definitely tempting. ;)

Obviously, a long way to go but I'm at least a little more optimistic this offseason. Curious to see how they approach free agency and what moves they make. Not to mention if they can have similar success in the draft, it's another positive step forward. They were in every game this past season, and had they had a couple of additional playmakers on both sides of the ball (and a more competent offensive approach), it might have changed the outcome in at least a couple of games.

I don't expect them to dominate and run over teams. But if they can improve and also eliminate the stupid mistakes, it's possible they could be a team that, like in 2001, could be a nuisance within the Conference and at least be a tough out, which could be potentially enough for them to surprise some people and be among the final teams standing.

I haven't seen other teams' odds, but I bet after the Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills in the AFC, most of the teams in the AFC have an incredibly long odds of winning the Super Bowl. The league is now a small handful of teams that legitimately have a shot of winning the Super Bowl and everyone else. I don't think the NFL is built for a mediocre playoff team to get hot in the playoffs and sneak in and win the Super Bowl like say the Giants in the the 2007 season.

I haven't seen other teams' odds, but I bet after the Chiefs, Bengals, and Bills in the AFC, most of the teams in the AFC have an incredibly long odds of winning the Super Bowl. The league is now a small handful of teams that legitimately have a shot of winning the Super Bowl and everyone else. I don't think the NFL is built for a mediocre playoff team to get hot in the playoffs and sneak in and win the Super Bowl like say the Giants in the the 2007 season.
It sort of is. With a 17-game season, it still comes down to who is healthy and playing well at that point in the year. That and you can look at a team like Jacksonville that pulled off a surprise win over the Chargers, and actually played Kansas City fairly tightly and, save for a play or two, could have pulled off the upset (that was a 27-20 final). So like you said, certainly isn't a likely scenario, but also not necessarily impossible.

It sort of is. With a 17-game season, it still comes down to who is healthy and playing well at that point in the year. That and you can look at a team like Jacksonville that pulled off a surprise win over the Chargers, and actually played Kansas City fairly tightly and, save for a play or two, could have pulled off the upset (that was a 27-20 final). So like you said, certainly isn't a likely scenario, but also not necessarily impossible.
IMO, Jacksonville was kind of screwed by officiating against KC too, just like Cincinnati and Philly. Not to mention KC also got the bye week for free because the Buffalo/Cincinnati game got canceled. KC really got a cushy ride to a title.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

You can still have upsets, but I don't know if you are as likely to see a wild card team win the Super Bowl anymore as you did several times in the previous decades or even a lower level division winner. It certainly could happen, but when it comes to Vegas, I think they see it as an almost impossibility when it comes to setting odds.

The Jets’ odds clearly reflect a decent chance at acquiring Aaron Rodgers, so the Patriots’ odds are going to reflect a decent chance at playing in a division with both Allen and Rodgers (and Tua I guess).

I'd put a sprinkle right now with those odds.
Sadly I got KC going back to back
This was the year they were supposed to take a step back and they won the Superbowl lol They're in good shape with the cap too, defense is young and have the resources to go all in again.

I'd put a sprinkle right now with those odds.
Sadly I got KC going back to back
This was the year they were supposed to take a step back and they won the Superbowl lol They're in good shape with the cap too, defense is young and have the resources to go all in again.
And Mahomes @28 in his early prime.

I compare us to a team like JAX, a new staff comes in, gets the culture right ✅️ and taps into Lawrence's strengths, on offense a great backfield with good not great WRs, and a dam more than good enough defense..

We are so parallel to that team as currently constructed.. what will catapult us into a serious contender is a serious playmaker or 2 on offense, and the same for defense.. everything else is COACHING

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
I wonder what the odds were in '01.

Edit: Looked it up - they were +6000! Only four teams had worse odds.

Edit 2: I'm a huge idiot, OP said this in the first post of the thread. Everyone please point and laugh at me.

I wonder what the odds were in '01.

Edit: Looked it up - they were +6000! Only four teams had worse odds.

Edit 2: I'm a huge idiot, OP said this in the first post of the thread. Everyone please point and laugh at me.
Lol nah I've been there done that in my posts! Wish I could find the old ProFootballWeekly article from September 2001 that rated the Patriots as the least likely team to win a Super Bowl in the league over the next 5 seasons.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back