Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many wins will the Patriots have in 22/23?

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 18 14.5%

Votes: 20 16.1%

Votes: 26 21.0%

Votes: 23 18.5%

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • 12 or more

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • 5 or less

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Assuming health 11 wins is reasonable…

Assuming health and development of the young players they could make some noise in the playoffs.

I thought everyone here hated how predictable JMD was. Run in first down...etc
No, you are generalizing apparently based off the loudest voices. I’ve always liked McDaniels as our OC and our future HC.

I thought everyone here hated how predictable JMD was. Run in first down...etc
The grass is always greener on the other side of the road.

JMcD is gone, the lynch mob has to find someone else to hate on.

11 - 6. Take it to the bank.

8 - 2 start but will finish 3 - 4 down the stretch. WC win but lose division round. Baby steps.

The Lions game will be a key point. And the Honolulu Blue will be _vastly_ improved with an offensive line that will be good enough to establish the run against our front seven.

No way that’s an automatic’W’ like everyone here is thinking.

I think we’re looking at 2-4 or even 1-5 start to the season.

At that point the wheels may come off or the chorus of calls for Patricia’s head will be heard loud and clear.

Detroit fans will relish every second.

The Patriots will lose to the Lions who will post an equal or better record than the Patriots. I’m full of hogwash—until it happens.

Barmore is the only bright spot I see along with Marcus Jones.

• Week 1: Sunday, Sept 11, at Dolphins - W
  • Week 2: Sunday, Sept 18, at Steelers - L
  • Week 3: Sunday, Sept 25, vs. Ravens - L
  • Week 4: Sunday, October 2, at Packers - L
  • Week 5: Sunday, October 9, vs. Lions - L
  • Week 6: Sunday, Oct 16, at Browns - W
  • Week 7: Monday, Oct 24, vs. Bears - W
  • Week 8: Sunday, October 30, at Jets - L
  • Week 9: Sunday, November 6, vs. Colts - L
  • Week 10: BYE WEEK
  • Week 11: Sunday, Nov 20, vs. Jets - W
  • Week 12: Thursday, Nov 24, at Vikings - W
  • Week 13: Thursday, Dec 1, vs. Bills - L
  • Week 14: Monday, Dec 12, at Cardinals - W
  • Week 15: Sunday, Dec 18, at Raiders - W
  • Week 16: Saturday, Dec 24, vs. Bengals - L
  • Week 17: Sunday, Jan 1, vs. Dolphins - W
  • Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - L

They look like a .500 team. QB is better than that, though. I have doubts about the O line.

FWIW John Breech on CBS has us down for 7 wins...

Sans Brady, BB on the Pats with an actual NFL starting caliber QB (i.e. Cassel, Jimmy, Mac) has a fine winning record. It's possible that changes this year, but I don't see it. Camp reports can eat a bag of sticks.

10-7

Pretty much the same prediction every year, the Pats will win between 10 & 12 games this year.

midnight-staley-pain.gif

I’m going to be optimistic and go with 10. That may not be enough to get th m into the playoffs, but it would be another step in the right direction given all of the changes.

From all the predictions I'm seeing the floor is 7 wins and 3rd in the division.

If Mac gets hurt the floor to me is a lot lower than that. Hope they just stay healthy and the OL figures it out.

• Week 1: Sunday, Sept 11, at Dolphins - (L) House of horrors continues, I see another frustrating game where the pats do well everywhere except the scoreboard and lose on bad fumbles or a freaky broken play.
  • Week 2: Sunday, Sept 18, at Steelers - (W) Defense dominates and the Steelers can’t get anything going, Mac gets sacked 5 times leading to further O line questions and media kivitching about Bill losing it.
  • Week 3: Sunday, Sept 25, vs. Ravens - (W) First solid team win as the new speedy LBs keep Jackson in check and the offense is efficient ball control putting up just enough points.
  • Week 4: Sunday, October 2, at Packers - (L) Packers aren’t going to be as good this year, it’s still Lambeau field and Arron Rodgers, as distasteful as he is, can pick apart zone.
  • Week 5: Sunday, October 9, vs. Lions - (W) Lions. Nuff said.
  • Week 6: Sunday, Oct 16, at Browns - (L) There is one game every year where nothing goes right and they lose to someone they should beat, just bad preparation, low energy, whatever. This is that game.
  • Week 7: Monday, Oct 24, vs. Bears - (W) Bears. Nuff said.
  • Week 8: Sunday, October 30, at Jets - (W) Annual 3 pick from a NE DB game to give them inflated season numbers. Jets Suck!
  • Week 9: Sunday, November 6, vs. Colts - (L) Was last years run D good DL play bad LBs? Bill clearly thinks so as the entire LB starting squad is gone. This game shows IMO it was both as the run D gets exposed a bit.
  • Week 10: BYE WEEK
  • Week 11: Sunday, Nov 20, vs. Jets - (W) Jets are due a win at some point and I almost put it here, they play one game every year really close and get blown out the other. Tight contest but Mac leads the game winning drive.
  • Week 12: Thursday, Nov 24, at Vikings - (L) Where the Colts game made everyone question the run D this one asks how do we shut down #1 receivers. Lots of good options but no elite guy so the sky is falling
  • Week 13: Thursday, Dec 1, vs. Bills - (L) I wanted to put this as a hard fought win. I want the team to be good and competitive this year. I like a lot of what they are building but they aren’t sweeping the bills this year so great game where they come up just a bit short.
  • Week 14: Monday, Dec 12, at Cardinals - (W) Another game where the speedy LBs do enough to keep Murray in the pocket and less dangerous. Oline starts to come together and has a statement running game.
  • Week 15: Sunday, Dec 18, at Raiders - (W) pregame its all how do they stop adams he ate them alive in training camp, well that’s why they game plan. I liked McDaniels but if I have to watch him fist pumping around the entire stadium again
  • Week 16: Saturday, Dec 24, vs. Bengals - L More questions about shutting down elite receivers and what big ticket CB they will be acquiring with their hoard of FA money in the off-season.
  • Week 17: Sunday, Jan 1, vs. Dolphins - W Fish in snowy Gillette in January? Solid team win
  • Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - W Bills have nothing to play for and sit the starters for the second half. At this point the O line has rounded into form and the offense is varied and effective leading to a feel good game that reminds fans of games versus the bills the past twenty years.

• So overall 10-7 with a conference record of 7-5 meaning they will be scoreboard watching the last week but with some help they get the last wildcard spot. Biggest thing is it’s rocky early and they still have a few major holes but with another solid draft and an aggressive FA class next year they show enough to be very excited and optimistic for 2023 as legit SB contenders.

Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - W Bills have nothing to play for and sit the starters for the second half. At this point the O line has rounded into form and the offense is varied and effective leading to a feel good game that reminds fans of games versus the bills the past twenty years.
This is exactly what I'm counting on and not a lot of people talk about this. I love the idea of the Bills in Buffalo in week 18 and I don't think McDermott will pull a Coughlin here with nothing to play for especially if the weather is nuts. Could be our back door into the playoffs.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back