Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many wins will the Patriots have in 22/23?

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 18 14.5%

Votes: 20 16.1%

Votes: 26 21.0%

Votes: 23 18.5%

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • 12 or more

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • 5 or less

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Week 1: Sunday, September 11 at Dolphins - L
  • Week 2: Sunday, September 18 at Steelers - W
  • Week 3: Sunday, September 25 vs. Ravens - L
  • Week 4: Sunday, October 2 at Packers - L
  • Week 5: Sunday, October 9 vs. Lions - W
  • Week 6: Sunday, October 16 at Browns - W
  • Week 7: Monday, October 24 vs. Bears - W
  • Week 8: Sunday, October 30 at Jets - W
  • Week 9: Sunday, November 6 vs. Colts - L
  • Week 10: BYE WEEK
  • Week 11: Sunday, November 20 vs. Jets - W
  • Week 12: Thursday, November 24 at Vikings - W
  • Week 13: Thursday, December 1 vs. Bills - L
  • Week 14: Monday, December 12 at Cardinals - W
  • Week 15: Sunday, December 18 at Raiders - L
  • Week 16: Saturday, December 24 vs. Bengals - L
  • Week 17: Sunday, January 1 vs. Dolphins - W
  • Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - L
9-8

The Vegas Line is 8.5. Right now I think that is generous. With Patricia and Judge in charge of the offense and trying to install a new system the Offensive Line is a mess. Mac is seeing ghosts. The defense is ok, but will tire after multiple 3 and outs.

I think an 0-4 start is a strong possibility. After that, it would be a question of how many players have enough faith in the coaching staff to not mail it in for the rest of the season. Could go either way. I was very disappointed that BB did not do enough in the off season to improve the defense. That performance in the playoffs against Buffalo was among the worst I've ever seen. It's also not uncommon for rookie QBs to regress in their second season. Maybe 7 wins.

I have 9 wins for them.

Lets see
The o-line is a mess and i don't see it getting better any time soon
Theres not offensive coordinater with any experience
Mac is a second year qb leaning a new system
The line backers are either jags, injury prone ( uche) or haven't proven they can play e.g. Mcgrone

So i'm going with 7-10/8-9
I thought they'd take a step forward this year, but after all this i think the team has taken a step back.
I can see it as a throw back year, to maybe 2000, BBs first year.

Last edited:
What a fan base!

3/4 of the board think that this team will win fewer games than last year.

It must be because of all the players that we lost from last year's playoff team, rated one of the very best with 5 weeks to go.

In the 40+ years of following the patriots, this is the most severe pessimism that I have ever seen.

What a fan base!

It must be because of all the players that we lost from last year's playoff team, rated one of the very best with 5 weeks to go.

In the 40+ years of following the patriots, this is the most severe pessimism that I have ever seen.
They've also lost a bunch of coaches and have two failed head coaches running the offense. It's not exactly the same team as last year.

• Week 1: Sunday, September 11 at Dolphins - W
  • Week 2: Sunday, September 18 at Steelers - W
  • Week 3: Sunday, September 25 vs. Ravens - W
  • Week 4: Sunday, October 2 at Packers - W
  • Week 7: Monday, October 24 vs. Bears - W
  • Week 9: Sunday, November 6 vs. Colts - W
  • Week 10: BYE WEEK - W - yep they're that awesome they win this too
  • Week 12: Thursday, November 24 at Vikings - W
  • Week 13: Thursday, December 1 vs. Bills - W
  • Week 15: Sunday, December 18 at Raiders - W
  • Week 16: Saturday, December 24 vs. Bengals - W
  • Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - W
  • Divisional: W
  • AFCCG: W
  • Super Bowl W
  • Pro Bowl W

Patriots will be the first team in history to have 25 first team all pros. Easy. What do you think @BB8XSBW ? :)

What a fan base!

Since 5 weeks to go last season, they lost multiple games in December to mediocre teams, got completely shellacked and embarrassed in the playoff game against Buffalo, lost their longtime OC without adequately replacing him, let their top 2 cb's leave in free agency/ trade without replacing them, appointed a former DC and special teams coach as OC and QB coach, were very underwhelming in the free agency market, lost all preseason games without showing any fight or spunk. Has BB given you any reason for optimism at this point (Please do not say "in Bill we trust")

Could be a truly ugly season, like 6 wins.
But, my heart hopes they pull it together with a vastly improved DL & LB (which they haven't had in years). And, a Run game that solidifies enough to play the old BB way and pull out 9 or 10 wins. We'll see.

The Vegas Line is 8.5. Right now I think that is generous. With Patricia and Judge in charge of the offense and trying to install a new system the Offensive Line is a mess. Mac is seeing ghosts. The defense is ok, but will tire after multiple 3 and outs.
And that's an 8 win team in the NFL - welcome to the no man's land of Draft Purgatory.
Since 5 weeks to go last season, they lost multiple games in December to mediocre teams, got completely shellacked and embarrassed in the playoff game against Buffalo, lost their longtime OC without adequately replacing him, let their top 2 cb's leave in free agency/ trade without replacing them, appointed a former DC and special teams coach as OC and QB coach, were very underwhelming in the free agency market, lost all preseason games without showing any fight or spunk. Has BB given you any reason for optimism at this point (Please do not say "in Bill we trust")
And they have an incredibly talented RB room with some actual NFL talent at WR for a change.

Are they a wagon destined for a deep playoff run? Hell no.

Will they be in playoff contention at the end of the year? I wouldn't bet against it, but time will tell.

The Bills wre good, but they're no invincible juggernaut. We also get them late, when injuries (and potential playoff rest of stars in wk 18) take their toll.

Miami will implode and the Jest are always jete. We have to really **** up not to have a shot at the playoffs.

• 7 - 10
  • Week 1: Sunday, September 11 at Dolphins - L
  • Week 2: Sunday, September 18 at Steelers - L
  • Week 3: Sunday, September 25 vs. Ravens - L
  • Week 4: Sunday, October 2 at Packers - L
  • Week 7: Monday, October 24 vs. Bears - L
  • Week 9: Sunday, November 6 vs. Colts - L
  • Week 10: BYE WEEK
  • Week 12: Thursday, November 24 at Vikings - L
  • Week 13: Thursday, December 1 vs. Bills - L
  • Week 15: Sunday, December 18 at Raiders - L
  • Week 16: Saturday, December 24 vs. Bengals - L
  • Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - W
  • Playoffs
  • images

6-7 wins, 8 tops. 9 if Bill pulls a rabbit out of his ass.

I voted 11, but 12 would surprise me less than 8 - 10 would. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by how it all comes together.

What a fan base!

In 2020, the Pats had Cam, Izzo as pretty much the only TE, and Byrd, N'Keal, and Jakobi (and Gunner) as the WRs, and they still won 7.

In 2020, the Pats had Cam, Izzo as pretty much the only TE, and Byrd, N'Keal, and Jakobi (and Gunner) as the WRs, and they still won 7.

I was about to post that. For this roster to do worse than that team’s 7-9 would be quite a feat. We have our share of issues this year but that lineup was probably the worst we’ve had at qb/wr/te since I started watching football in the early 90s .

They also had a true offensive coordinator to make it look semi-competent at times. I think we are going to discover how much good offensive coaching makes an impact. Josh with lesser players is likely better than two stiffs (minimal to no offensive experience) with a relatively talented group.

They also had a true offensive coordinator to make it look semi-competent at times. I think we are going to discover how much good offensive coaching makes an impact. Josh with lesser players is likely better than two stiffs (minimal to no offensive experience) with a relatively talented group.
If McD were still here, how many wins would you predict for this season?

If McD were still here, how many wins would you predict for this season?
I think if McD was still here and we decided to continue running last seasons offense we should win 10-12 games. Wild card team again, not good enough to challenge the Bills yet though.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back