Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many wins will the Patriots have in 22/23?

Votes: 7 5.6%

Votes: 18 14.5%

Votes: 20 16.1%

Votes: 26 21.0%

Votes: 23 18.5%

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • 12 or more

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • 5 or less

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think if McD was still here and we decided to continue running last seasons offense we should win 10-12 games. Wild card team again, not good enough to challenge the Bills yet though.
In your prediction, you had mentioned 6-8 wins, so you're saying just McD (or continuity of offense concepts) is about a 4 game difference? If we're basing it on what we've seen in Camp/Preseason, plus the schedule, I guess I can see that. I'm way too much of an optimist for that, though. We'll see. I mean the Bills lost to the Jags last year 9-6. The game is whack.

They also had a true offensive coordinator to make it look semi-competent at times. I think we are going to discover how much good offensive coaching makes an impact. Josh with lesser players is likely better than two stiffs (minimal to no offensive experience) with a relatively talented group.
I love how all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over McDaniels has been completely buried as if it had never happened.

I love how all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over McDaniels has been completely buried as if it had never happened.
Well I was never one of those people, definitely @DropKickFlutie though.

I generally accepted any mistake or fault by McDaniels because he was always a net positive. We won with McDaniels coaching great, Super Bowl winning offenses with Brady, but also more than we should have with a completely washed up Cam Newton, and a rookie QB.

In terms of coordinators, you wouldn’t find much better than Josh. Judge and Patricia have next to no experience coaching offense, and by all reports in is showing in the results.

Talent wise the Patriots should be a top ten offense with a strong core of backs, a skilled offensive line and multiple good receivers. With Josh I would bet on them being top ten in scoring. With Patricia and Judge, I’d be surprised if they cracked the top 20.

We could afford to lose McDaniels when Brady was QB. Not anymore though. It’s a serious coaching downgrade.

I am a simpleton.. no really… I look at QB as one of the most important factors of team success. I like Jones but he is a middle of the road player with a lack of true upside. You can argue these rankings which have him the 20th rated QB, but even a Johnny Homer would have a hard time moving him into the top 10-12 and without an elite supporting cast I think it will be a difficult haul.

Going into the summer I was predicting the Pats would win more games than last year based on offensive improvement driven by Mac's improvement in year 2. It now looks like the offense is going to take time to get going, specifically on the line. The defense will need to come out of the gate extremely strong to cover for the offense while it finds its legs.

I predict a tough start, with the team playing their best football at the end of the season 10-7, just like last year and probably a first round exit in the playoffs. Not a step back from last year, they will just end up in same place.

The game has passed Bill. Looking at a 8 to 9 win team. Kraft is a fan who happens to own the team. I could imagine a scenario where they mutually agree to part ways.

There is no more "magic" in Foxborough, sorry guys.

I accurately predicted last years record of 10-7, but I have not been paying attention much this offseason to other rosters. I am going to guess 13-4 this season, a less educated guess from last season!!

Celticboy04

I think it's 11, but to be conservative let's say 10. The key is to start out 2-2, which I then think will lead to a 7-2 record at the bye. After the bye the schedule's tougher: 3-5 or 4-4

I picked 10 wins…I think the roster is better overall but our schedule is tougher on paper. This could move forwards or backwards 1 game depending on how the offense plays. The D and ST are solid.

This is the 7-win offensive skill position roster from 2020 (below). The final one, so TE's Izzo and LaCosse are in IR at this point (those were the STARTERS). Look at the WRs! Cam!

I'd have to think BB can win as many and more with today's roster. Although if I do the W/L on this year's schedule, it sure looks like 7 wins.

(Edit: two other posters made this same point before I saw their posts.)

Last edited:
When I look at the talent level, the coaching changes and the schedule, I come up with 9-8.

Week 1: Sunday, September 11 at Dolphins - W
Week 2: Sunday, September 18 at Steelers - W
Week 3: Sunday, September 25 vs. Ravens - W
Week 4: Sunday, October 2 at Packers - L
Week 5: Sunday, October 9 vs. Lions - W
Week 6: Sunday, October 16 at Browns - W
Week 7: Monday, October 24 vs. Bears - W
Week 8: Sunday, October 30 at Jets - W
Week 9: Sunday, November 6 vs. Colts - W
Week 10: BYE WEEK
Week 11: Sunday, November 20 vs. Jets - W
Week 12: Thursday, November 24 at Vikings - W
Week 13: Thursday, December 1 vs. Bills - L
Week 14: Monday, December 12 at Cardinals - W
Week 15: Sunday, December 18 at Raiders - L
Week 16: Saturday, December 24 vs. Bengals - W
Week 17: Sunday, January 1 vs. Dolphins - W
Week 18: Date TBD at Bills - W

14 and 3 seems about right

I think the first L this year will be at the hands of the Packers.
Number 11 will catch the winning TD in the 11th win of the season.

I think if McD was still here and we decided to continue running last seasons offense we should win 10-12 games. Wild card team again, not good enough to challenge the Bills yet though.
I thought everyone here hated how predictable JMD was. Run in first down...etc

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back