PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatFanKen Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so Tom wasn’t a top 5 QB that year he switched to a new team and lead them to a Superbowl with no training camp, but let’s wash Mac Jones balls for a few more years because his back foot interception panic throws are all Matt Patricia’s fault.

Super quality, man. Send this man to ESPN.

Please tell me how yesterday was Mac Jones' fault? You have spent two years blaming Mac Jones for all the problems on offense. Clearly the fact they didn't score a single point yesterday was Mac Jones' fault. I cannot wait for you to explain it.

Zero people saw that coming. And even as bad as last year was, he’s never been that bad, so there was no reason to believe he would completely implode.

Again, people, that supported Mac, myself included, did it because the alternative, ie QB purgatory, is a bad place to be. People confuse supporting Mac with being satisfied with their quarterback situation. That wasn’t the case, the goal was to have someone serviceable so they could at least have a placeholder to be able to draft other guys and hopefully find an elite player at some point, while being competitive, in the meantime.

Those applauding his failure are now going to have to suffer just like the rest of us while we now root for Zappe to hopefully do the same thing. And it’s in our best interest to hope he can potentially develop into something in the off chance the next person competing with him doesn’t pan out , whether that’s a draft pick or a veteran.
No offense but it’s completely wrong to say “zero” people saw that coming when multiple people on this forum literally posted that they saw this coming.

This goes back to my point about people thinking an opinion contrary to their own (their own which ultimately gets proven wrong) is just ‘trolling.’

Who gives a **** about being popular. I guess you do. Lol

I'm not waiting, it's just something men do when they've been wrong about a strong take they've been pushing in hundreds of posts. I've done it. Others have as well. It's kinda like a male code thing.

Why would they care about an apology from someone as unpopular as me?

OK, I guess eternity isn't that long.

I have never seen you admit when you are wrong. And I admitted multiple times that I underestimated Mac Jones' lack of mental strength. I blamed him for breaking mentally. Multiple times. Hell, I even took blame for my part in the toxic discourse on this site which I never seen you take your share of the blame.

No offense but it’s completely wrong to say “zero” people saw that coming when multiple people on this forum literally posted that they saw this coming.

This goes back to my point about people thinking an opinion contrary to their own (which ultimately gets proven wrong) is just ‘trolling.’
If you saw him completely imploding this season to this level before the season, or going back to last season, I suggest you buy a Powerball ticket, because that’s incredibly impressive.

Please tell me how yesterday was Mac Jones' fault? You have spent two years blaming Mac Jones for all the problems on offense. Clearly the fact they didn't score a single point yesterday was Mac Jones' fault. I cannot wait for you to explain it.
I’ve been spending two years telling you Mac Jones sucks and being right about it.

Just say that.

Patricia was a disaster. That doesn't change just because this team is an even bigger disaster than last year. Patricia didn't know how to run an offense. If he had this team (Mac Jones included), what we have been seeing this year would look like the 2007 Patriots.

But you blamed everything on Mac Jones. You were the one who was glaringly wrong. This team didn't even get into red zone yesterday. Not once. Didn't score a point. Against the worst team in the NFL. And Mac Jones didn't sniff the field. Yesterday proved, it wasn't all Mac Jones' fault as you wanted to blame him.
Strawmen again. I never blamed Mac for everything. I never hated him until this year (I actually liked his authentic enthusiasm when Zappe was doing well).

Now you're going into Mac defense mode again.

From the guy who said Brady wasn't a top 5 QB in 2020.

Again, the “you were wrong and I was right even though I was wrong and you were right” schtick.

Zero people saw that coming. And even as bad as last year was, he’s never been that bad, so there was no reason to believe he would completely implode.

Again, people, that supported Mac, myself included, did it because the alternative, ie QB purgatory, is a bad place to be. People confuse supporting Mac with being satisfied with their quarterback situation. That wasn’t the case, the goal was to have someone serviceable so they could at least have a placeholder to be able to draft other guys and hopefully find an elite player at some point, while being competitive, in the meantime.

Those applauding his failure are now going to have to suffer just like the rest of us while we now root for Zappe to hopefully do the same thing. And it’s in our best interest to hope he can potentially develop into something in the off chance the next person competing with him doesn’t pan out , whether that’s a draft pick or a veteran.

Yeah, next to no one ever claimed that Mac was going to be the next franchise QB. Personally, I just wanted him to get a fair chance. He never did. The way he completely fell apart though, it doesn't matter anymore.

But there is a culture on this board that being right is more important than the Pats winning. I guess it comes with losing.

I’ve been spending two years telling you Mac Jones sucks and being right about it.

Just say that.

Do you really think the Mac we got since about the Dallas game is who Mac is? He is broken. He is mentally weak. But he is a far better QB than we have seen in the last month and a half. He isn't a guy I would ever trust again. But I still think he could be a decent to good QB in the right situation if he can ever get his head back on straight.

If you saw him completely imploding this season to this level before the season, or going back to last season, I suggest you buy a Powerball ticket, because that’s incredibly impressive.

That is the thing. Many people look at Mac Jones from the Cowboys game on and pretend that is the guy he was all along. He wasn't bad towards the beginning of the season. Inconsistent, but had his moments. By the time he was being benched, he was a shell of his former self.

Never change Robo, you're comedy gold.

I don't care what people think of me. If I did, I would put you bozos on ignore like half the board does.

You guys are the ones who seem to care about being the cool kids.

You didn't blindly praised Mac. You very clearly looked for positives if any could be found and hoped for improvement. You may have gone overboard on your search for positives but hoping for improvement is not the same thing as saying he's great and it's everyone else's fault.

Plenty of people also saw Mac wouldn't amount to much, if that's what your "zero people" comment was about.

Again, the “you were wrong and I was right even though I was wrong and you were right” schtick.

You were wrong. I was wrong. This offense is awful no matter who is running it. Brady in his prime couldn't get this offense to run correctly.

Of course they did. People accused Ian of banning him because he doesn't like the way he posts. Hell, venecol is making the same allegations in this thread.

Unfortunately, you're also known for being a liar.

I assume you are including Kontra in this. He was banned for making a totally tasteless joke about another poster's wife which was way out of bounds and deserved at least a time out.

Nope, not Kontra. That's a separate matter.

Strawmen again. I never blamed Mac for everything. I never hated him until this year (I actually liked his authentic enthusiasm when Zappe was doing well).

Now you're going into Mac defense mode again.

From the guy who said Brady wasn't a top 5 QB in 2020.

All year, you blamed Mac for everything that went wrong with the offense. The guard misses a blocking assignment and a defender breaks free pretty much unblocked. It was Mac's fault for not getting rid of the ball fast enough. Stop trying to rewrite history.

You didn't blindly praised Mac. You very clearly looked for positives if any could be found and hoped for improvement. You may have gone overboard on your search for positives but hoping for improvement is not the same thing as saying he's great and it's everyone else's fault.

Plenty of people also saw Mac wouldn't amount to much, if that's what your "zero people" comment was about.
Call me crazy, but maybe Ian is a fan???!

Wait, so I got my posts deleted last year and banned from threads for saying Mac Jones is terrible and we were going to be terrible, then I repeated the same opinion this offseason before we even went into week #1, and now I should buy Powerball tickets because it was incredible luck?

Is it really that hard for you guys to admit you were just wrong and other people were right? Lol

Unfortunately, you're also known for being a liar.

Dude, you posted this:

Unfortunately, I've seen posters with opinions that aren't in keeping with the forum 'motto' be chased away or banned. That's total BS to me.

Tell me how I am lying when you did exactly what I accused you of.

They were plenty of people who thought he wouldn’t be “the guy,” which is fine - but they at least needed “a” guy with the hope he could be decent. At the end of the day, it is what it is. They took the best option available based on the data that was available at the time (I get that other guys have emerged in the draft), and I give the coaching staff credit with adding patients and exhausting all their efforts with him, which Belichick actually said yesterday after the game, which was surprising.

Otherwise, when I said zero people, I meant nobody saw him becoming a player they wouldn’t even be able to trust to even start. Anybody that expected that should be either picking lottery numbers or buying stocks.

But debating on whether or not he would ever be a good quarterback is one thing. What transpired this season is something completely different. And it’s obviously disappointing. Hopefully, Zappe can develop into something until they figure out what direction they’re going to go into next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots