PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Chung rated 2nd best Strong Safety in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the days when BB thought he could take any marginal D-back football player and "coach them up", Earthwind Moreland et al??Then there was "two way Troy".. those days used to drive me nutz.

Those days have changed dramatically, and our D backfield rivals any in the NFL.. Chung, McCourty, Harmon, Gilmore, Butler and Rowe all have melded together into a very cohesive unit.. not only are they good and dependable, but all are very likeable NFL players.

Remember the days when BB thought he could take any marginal D-back football player and "coach them up", Earthwind Moreland et al??Then there was "two way Troy".. those days used to drive me nutz.

Those days have changed dramatically, and our D backfield rivals any in the NFL.. Chung, McCourty, Harmon, Gilmore, Butler and Rowe all have melded together into a very cohesive unit.. not only are they good and dependable, but all are very likeable NFL players.

Plus, he's had stability with mixing and matching each's skill sets for man coverage.

For a while, BB wasn't really looking for or caring about larger CBs, where he'd always go after quick twitch guys. But, with Browner, now Rowe and Gilmore, even Bademosi, BB is looking for more size than ever before.

He finally got more aggressive trying to get these kinds of CBs who can physically match up.

Still have no idea why Arrington was left on Matthews in SB 49 for more than 1 play.

It’s unbelievable that Sergio Brown is still in the league - he was bloody awful.

He had no feel or cerebral element to his game. He ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. Meriweather going off the rails also put a dent into the back end.

The idea was probably to hope Meriweather grew, resign him and then have McCourty, but obviously that did not happen.

I've been talking about Chung since 2014 . . . nothing really more to say about him. He's so important to the D and is probably the key to why they can be so multiple every week and even morph in games. That doesn't show up on a stat sheet and yet it's far more important to winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back