PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat Chung rated 2nd best Strong Safety in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Told ya. He also plays a true, committed Rover role, and maybe outside of Kam Chancellor being used in that way, I'd say he's at least the best in the conference.

bleacher report. I can't take them seriously unless somebody knows the author and has something positive to say about him.

I appreciate Patrick Chung's second term with the Patriots.

I honestly think BB botched his use in 2010, 2011, 2012, simply because he did truly have him as a classic SS, where if you remember, BB was forced to move McCourty to Safety in 2011, due to a spinning wheel of people back there, from Sergio Brown to -insert JAG name here-....

I honestly think BB botched his use in 2010, 2011, 2012, simply because he did truly have him as a classic SS, where if you remember, BB was forced to move McCourty to Safety in 2011, due to a spinning wheel of people back there, from Sergio Brown to -insert JAG name here-....

I forget where I read it, but I think BB himself has even admitted as such.

Written for Bleacherreport.

"Scouted" by Kyle Posey

NFL1000 defensive backs scout Kyle Posey watched all the NFL's strong safeties in 2017 and ranked them.

NFL1000: Ranking the Top Strong Safeties of 2017 Season

Yes, THE Kyle Posey

Kyle majored in sports marketing & minored in communications at Texas Southern. He has written for SB Nation, Bleacher Report, among other websites. He now resides in the Iowa City area as an accountant & high school football coach. Follow him on twitter @kp_show

Kyle Posey
https://www.fanragsports.com/author/kposey/

C'mon, guys.

If Chung hadn't left, or if the Patriots had paid Chung more, Tavon Wilson and Jordan Richards never would have happened!

Instead the Patriots could have taken RBs like Tevin Coleman or David Johnson! CBs like Casey Heyward, DT like Jurrell Casey, or a G like Kelechi Osemele,

I recently read an article confirming what you wrote. For the life of me I cannot remember which site.

So is Chung the only example of us letting a player leave and then bringing him back to an even more successful stint?

So is Chung the only example of us letting a player leave and then bringing him back to an even more successful stint?
Can't recall many. Blount had his moments but I'd definitely put Chung ahead. He is a much better player now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes