PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passing of the tourch.

I heard that Sam Dar-nit is now the bearer of the torch.

Friday Afternoon Bump

57599255.jpg

More like pass the pipe!

This could age poorly.

I’m still furious with the mods for correcting the subject line spelling from “tourch” to “torch.” It’s like fixing the liberty bell...ruining a historical landmark that is known for its imperfection.

@IcyPatriot you are my only hope.

Ok guys can we finally say the torch has been passed? I mean really Tom’s had a good run, heck great run, but the torch has been passed .

To whom? Lamar?

that’s gold jerry, gold! I think Lamar May be one of the top 25 best RB ever to play football and an amazing athlete . But his intelligence (13 wonderlic score) and average passing says he will be a better version of Vince young.

Mahomes is the obvious QB to carry on the NFL. Funny I am not getting nearly as much negative feedback this go around va last year. Looks like you guys finally agree.

Funny I am not getting nearly as much negative feedback this go around va last year. Looks like you guys finally agree.

What many of us here agree on is your original misspelling of 'tourch' has become a bit of a lightweight version of the Buttfumble here at Patsfans, in that it never gets old. It has become sort of synonymous with a facepalm/dope slap around here for when someone cluelessly steps in it. Kinda like herpes, it just keeps on giving.

What many of us here agree on is your original misspelling of 'tourch' has become a bit of a lightweight version of the Buttfumble here at Patsfans, in that it never gets old. It has become sort of synonymous with a facepalm/dope slap around here for when someone cluelessly steps in it. Kinda like herpes, it just keeps on giving.
Yes I misspelled torch and I know it’s fun to tease about it. I can take it with a smile on my face. Look I’m not trying to put you guys down. Heck you are arguably the best franchise in NFL history (even though the owner gets happy endings all the time) but I give you huge props but the time has passed . The reason I came back was to get you all to finally admit it has passed. Very nice chapter in the NFL for you guys

The torch will never be passed

The torch will never be passed

I hate to tell you guys this but it has officially been passed. Brady was great, the GOAT etc but his time is coming to an end. Mahomes will take good care of the mantle . Thanks everyone for being so cool about it!

I hate to tell you guys this but it has officially been passed. Brady was great, the GOAT etc but his time is coming to an end. Mahomes will take good care of the mantle . Thanks everyone for being so cool about it!

Whatever

Jesus. Just go away. What kind of wimp waits silently in the shadows for a ****ing year just so he can pop up whining 'Seeee??? I told you so!!! Nya nya!!' Go find a Chiefs board aimed at 8 year olds.

that’s gold jerry, gold! I think Lamar May be one of the top 25 best RB ever to play football and an amazing athlete . But his intelligence (13 wonderlic score) and average passing says he will be a better version of Vince young.

Mahomes is the obvious QB to carry on the NFL. Funny I am not getting nearly as much negative feedback this go around va last year. Looks like you guys finally agree.

Nice try. Mahomes played mostly like garbage yesterday despite having one of the best collections of offensive talent assembled over the past decade. 3 points in the second half, and that was with the refs desperate to give the game to the Chiefs.

I think we'll look back on Mahomes as a slightly better version of Carson Palmer.

Mahomes has a legit shot at being the Dan Marino of his generation.

Guys it’s been a while but can we finally say the torch has been passed? I get one year but come on guys , Brady has a great go but it’s clear so we all finally agree?

Guys it’s been a while but can we finally say the torch has been passed? I get one year but come on guys , Brady has a great go but it’s clear so we all finally agree?
Go away.

He's been the best QB in the game for 2 years but that means very little in the argument you're trying to make. Come back when he has 10+ years of legit dominance. Both his division & conference. Multiple rings. Faces real adversity & overcomes it (injuries, losing key pieces, winning on the road etc)

I've been a fan before Chiefs fans even knew who he was so I appreciate him & like him a lot more than most around here.

Until he's accomplished in at least a few of those areas mentioned above you just sound like a fanboy. I get it but no one will take you serious besides KC fans.

Again I'm a big fan but this torch, GOAT talk is just silly. Brady has done something no one else even came close to. So please come back when he's at least half as accomplished

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back