PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passing of the tourch.

The TD thing is an impressive stat but that doesn't guarantee future success.

First guy to spring to mind is Culpepper. Light up the league, seem unstoppable and then for various reasons fall off of a cliff. If Culpepper and Moss and Cris 'Fall Guy' Carter were to time travel to today I think Culpepper is easily north of 40 TDs and looks unstoppable.

Flacco got benched for a guy who struggles to complete a pass. Luck pulled a disappearing act.

You can buy into a single historic season as a guarantee that Mahomes is going to end up in the Hall all you want. My point is that there is no guarantee of anything, I want to see sustained success over a period of time.

Before I annoint someone as the next Brady or Brees I want to see them play for more than 4 months.

Once culpepper lost Moss it was a wrap.

For the torch to be passed Mahomes is going to have to beat Brady at least once. At the moment he's 0-2

I love Mahomes. For his first year I don't think I could ask any more of the guy. But he made some mistakes that were costly in both games against the Patriots. He needs to learn from those and come back stronger next year. Then the torch will be passed. But damn he's exciting to watch

Keep dreaming. Reality will hit soon enough.

Once culpepper lost Moss it was a wrap.

Mahomes is a crazy good talent and if I had to pick a QB to build a franchise around it would be him, no question.

But let's see how he does when DCs have a season of tape. When Kelce or Watkins or Hill walks for a big contract because KC has a bill coming due like no other with Mahomes.

That's all. I'm not saying he isn't the next great QB. I just want it to play out for more than a single season before they start fitting him for a yellow jacket.

Subconsciously he realized no torch had been passed, thus making him literally incapable of typing it as a thread title.

Or maybe subconsciously he put in an extra U as in

"U don't actually understand what the phrase 'passing of the torch' means."

I love these threads where opposing fans come in and hand out back handed compliments with digs thrown in.

The torch wasn’t passed tonight. You have to win to get the torch.

Montana beat the Cowboys
Aikman beat the 49ers
Brady beat the Rams

Those were torch passings.

Chiefs haven’t done ****, in fact I’d say the torch got shoved up their ass.

The Chiefs leaked today they’re planning to give Mahomes a $200M extension after next season. That’s really going to complicate the value of Mahomes (relative to the salary cap) and limit the options around him; from the sound of it, they are going full Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning in gleefully celebrating a massive cap hit that will neutralize the player’s value.

This was a huge missed opportunity for the Chiefs, and who knows how many chances they’ll get. Dan Marino made the SB in his second year, and everyone assumed he’d win a bunch of them, but he never made it back. Glad to hear Chiefs fans are so ****y and already counting their future rings. In reality, they may not have as good an opportunity as the one they just blew.

They better get him a better OL or he could end up like Luck.

The Chiefs leaked today they’re planning to give Mahomes a $200M extension after next season. That’s really going to complicate the value of Mahomes (relative to the salary cap) and limit the options around him; from the sound of it, they are going full Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning in gleefully celebrating a massive cap hit that will neutralize the player’s value.

This was a huge missed opportunity for the Chiefs, and who knows how many chances they’ll get. Dan Marino made the SB in his second year, and everyone assumed he’d win a bunch of them, but he never made it back. Glad to hear Chiefs fans are so ****y and already counting their future rings. In reality, they may not have as good an opportunity as the one they just blew.
I can't help but think native Americans everywhere are laughing at the Cheeves and consider their defeat karmic payback for that moronic tomahawk chop chant.

Brady eats torches

The TD thing is an impressive stat but that doesn't guarantee future success.

First guy to spring to mind is Culpepper. Light up the league, seem unstoppable and then for various reasons fall off of a cliff. If Culpepper and Moss and Cris 'Fall Guy' Carter were to time travel to today I think Culpepper is easily north of 40 TDs and looks unstoppable.

Flacco got benched for a guy who struggles to complete a pass. Luck pulled a disappearing act.

You can buy into a single historic season as a guarantee that Mahomes is going to end up in the Hall all you want. My point is that there is no guarantee of anything, I want to see sustained success over a period of time.

Before I annoint someone as the next Brady or Brees I want to see them play for more than 4 months.

Daunte Culpepper who was in the league SIX years before he threw more than 6 TDs? Seriously?

Luck was never what he was touted to be, but he threw for 23 TDs in each of his first two years before he managed to throw 40 in his third. And despite his faults, he isn't close to being a journeyman.

I didn't guarantee Mahomes would end up in the HoF I was taking issue with the notion he might suddenly turn into a journeyman. He won't.

Fantasy numbers are meaningless now. Someone will throw 60 td in 3 years.

If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. It's not.

Really? 200 million? Bwhahahhahahhahahahah.

Figures.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back