PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passing of the tourch.

Torch ? I can see the future now : unlike Brady, Mahomes is going to become a 175M$+ player and ruin the whole supporting cast in KC. In other words, he better win in 2019 or 20....

not taking any shots at anything, look I gave the Pats their props and especially Hoodie, he out coached us plan and simple. But all you have to do is watch the two play now and you can see the torch has been passed at QB. If you had Mahomes and we had brady in that game you would of blown us out by 21 plus. Mahomes is special and it frustrates fans of other teams and they just keep wanting to knock him down. The torch has been passed at QB but it has not been passed yet as a team.
Keep trolling fool, and get in line:

DtjAIPnUwAEgMlT.jpeg

Torch ? I can see the future now : unlike Brady, Mahomes is going to become a 175M$+ player and ruin the whole supporting cast in KC. In other words, he better win in 2019 or 20....

Where are all you guys in my "Mahomes giving high fives" thread? LOL.. much worse stuff being said here about the man. But.. I have to agree. I would not be surprised if Mahomes never sees a SB.

Man, the dink and dunk passes and short runs meant that the Pats kept Mahomes and crew off the field and completely exhausted the KC defense.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Mahomes inherits the touch/torch in the future, but today's game wasn't evidence.

So if you look at the thread I started I pretty much called this game right on with a 34-31 Pats win. Obviously looking at the game it could of been a toss up either way coming down to that last minute and then a coin flip. But to the Pats credit they won and are off to the super bowl.

BUT in watching the game live it just looked like the torch as been passed. Mahomes looks much better and more well rounded, can make all the throws and keeps a very level head. I think he has a lot of Brady intelligence with the farve or rogers arm talent. Our Defense is just awful, I mean like "All Time Historic Bad" defenses to ever play football. We all thought Berry would help but really did nothing to help.

But just couldn't help watching Brady dink and dunk down the field for most of the evening that his time is about done. Watching Mahomes shows you what the future of the NFL will be for the next 15 plus years. I'm glad Brady gets his one last swan song and we will see what he does in the super bowl, I think you have just as good a chance beating them as you did us so your odds look good.

But to most people around the country ( the QB cannot control defense) it was a pretty easy to see passing of the torch. Mahomes will carry it well into the next 15 years and thanks for a good game guys.

No torch is passed. Pat Mahomes has won one (1) playoff game. Don't get out over your skis @Rational Chiefs Fan

The Chiefs haven't been to a Super Bowl since 1970. Making it to the AFC Championship is a nice accomplishment, but it remains the Tom Brady Invitational. The chiefs most recent visit to the AFC Championship game was 1993. The Patriots have been in the last 8. It took the Rams 17 years to get back to the NFCC last year.

You can worry about torches if they make the playoffs next season.

You have bigger fish to fry than to poke around over here. The Chiefs have a boatload of free agents to worry about. 2019 NFL Free Agents Tracker

You know how you know that someone isn't on your level? It's when they start to compare themselves to you. No one says things like "Brady plays as well as...". It doesn't happen because there is no need. The fact that the "rational" fan is trying to sell you on his guy tells you 2 things.
1) he's young because he would know better.
2) he's trying to sell you on his guy exceeding the gold standard. If it were true, he wouldn't have to say it.

Where are all you guys in my "Mahomes giving high fives" thread? LOL.. much worse stuff being said here about the man. But.. I have to agree. I would not be surprised if Mahomes never sees a SB.
Maybe it’s because these are two very different threads.

Here’s the problem. You’re in ****ing shock. Get away from the keyboard and go take a ride in your car for a while. There is absolutely no reason for you to make your team look as bad as you are right now. Your team lost in a great battle, and your answer to that is talking ****.

People like you will never get it. For that, I’m sorry. You have years of what-ifs, disappointments and finger pointing in your future. Good luck with that. Mahomes isn’t the first that could take and win it all with a Patriots team. To be honest, I feel cheated with having to settle for Brady all these years. Imagine what these Patriots could’ve done with Manning, or....RODGERS!!!! :D People just don’t get it.

You’re making yourself look bad. Maybe that’s what you’re trying to do, I don’t know. What I do know, is your 15 mins of time is up. Crawl back to your little hole @ Chiefs Planet.

People still aren’t getting it. Nine conference titles and they’re still telling us why we’re witnessing subpar QB play compared to their guy. Brady’s disrespect card was clearly about these dummies picking Mahomes over him. Of course, here comes then excuse that it was all magical coaching. Must have missed that 4th quarter and OT.

There posters all think they have a unique insight and are all wrong. It’s an ongoing cycle.

I remember in 01, it was a fluke.
I remember in 03 & 04 , the Pats are lucky and barely beat people.
I remember in 07, it will all come to an end soon
I remember... I remember... I remember...

Now I'm sure there will be a collective relief when this is over for 31 teams but wishing it away hasn't helped for 19 years so maybe they should just zip it until it does.

To quote the great Ric Flair..
"To be the man, you have to beat the man..woooo"

Mahomes had a really nice season. Deserves MVP for sure. So..he needs about 10 more years of this before we even begin to discuss a passing of anything. Hes the best of the young bucks as of right now. That can change fast....see Derek Carr.

Thinking this was the passing of the torch is laughable to us. Its Also pretty insulting to guys like baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Goff and I can continue. Its also insulting to guys like Aaron Rodgers ...Big Ben...Drew Brees..winners who still have never been close to any torch.

I was going to just disregard this "observation" but on second thought: you have no freaking idea what the hell you're talking about. Brady didn't "dink and dunk" his way down the field as though that's all his allegedly declining skills could muster. He threw lasers on slants, sideline patterns and seam routes and completed a bomb for a touchdown. "Dink and dunk"? Hardly. Yes, Tom is in the twilight of his career but he played tonight like the champion he is. Your boy Mahomes has yet to win anything. He will be very, very lucky to survive 10 years physically (let alone 15) with his style of play -- especially with the unnatural torque he puts on his arm throwing opposite the direction he's running. He's 23 and can get away with that stuff now, don't count on it lasting forever. It also might be prudent to see what Mahomes accomplishes under duress in the heat of playoff competition before crowning him "the future of the NFL." So far, he's 1-1.

To put it in perspective, Pat Mahomes has one more playoff win than Johnny Manziel, and the same 1-1 playoff record as Tim Tebow.

manziel-tebow-online-betting-odds.jpg

So if you look at the thread I started I pretty much called this game right on with a 34-31 Pats win. Obviously looking at the game it could of been a toss up either way coming down to that last minute and then a coin flip. But to the Pats credit they won and are off to the super bowl.

BUT in watching the game live it just looked like the torch as been passed. Mahomes looks much better and more well rounded, can make all the throws and keeps a very level head. I think he has a lot of Brady intelligence with the farve or rogers arm talent. Our Defense is just awful, I mean like "All Time Historic Bad" defenses to ever play football. We all thought Berry would help but really did nothing to help.

But just couldn't help watching Brady dink and dunk down the field for most of the evening that his time is about done. Watching Mahomes shows you what the future of the NFL will be for the next 15 plus years. I'm glad Brady gets his one last swan song and we will see what he does in the super bowl, I think you have just as good a chance beating them as you did us so your odds look good.

But to most people around the country ( the QB cannot control defense) it was a pretty easy to see passing of the torch. Mahomes will carry it well into the next 15 years and thanks for a good game guys.

We have heard this many times before. You think Reid and Mahomes can do what Bill and Tom have done? Even for 5 years? Go talk to the Seahawks or the Ravens or the Falcons. I seem to be the only one but I question many things about Mahomes future. Lets talk same time next year.

We have heard this many times before. You think Reid and Mahomes can do what Bill and Tom have done? Even for 5 years? Go talk to the Seahawks or the Ravens or the Falcons. I seem to be the only one but I question many things about Mahomes future. Lets talk same time next year.

A whole years worth of tape on him now. And I think teams will start to use the blueprint we showed last night to guard against Hill.

Hey @Rational, the passing of the "tourch" mirage will disappear if you stop passing the bong. Take a break from it, sheesh. :confused:

Last edited:
To support my "New Patriots *****" position, the Patriots have now beaten the Chiefs 3 out of the last 4 - twice in the playoffs, once in scary Arrowhead, with a last second win and an overtime win.

Oh and your shiny new QB is now 0-2 against the Patriots, making Alex Smith still the superior QB.

Maybe have Alex Smith "pass the torch" first?

Pass the Torch is fun. Maybe @alamo could start a Predict the Torchman Contest. Among active quarterbacks with 1-1 playoff records are the immortals: Blake Bortles, Marcus Mariota, Case Keenum, Brock Osweiler, Matt Schaub, and Pat Mahomes.

Torches.jpg

Also, it's crazy to think the running game flat out won the game for the Patriots. It was great in the first, but the Chiefs put in their big guys and started aligning them tighter to the ball inside, which mostly shut down the inside running game. The Chiefs simply couldn't get a pass rush from that personnel package, and their run stoppers couldn't push the pocket up the middle. Brady carried the offense through the second half because he had to. While the Patriots still had situational success in the running game, it was when they switched things up. I think McDaniels was unwilling to vary his play calling in the running game because he wanted to set up formation and blocking scheme change ups later in the game.

Regardless, the running game was featured in the first half, but Brady won the game.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back