PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pass Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double TE

4 LIFE
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone remember the last time the Pats had an outstanding pass rush? Feared in fact?

I really miss Chandler Jones. That D Line got pushed around all night. Actually the Jags D line pushed the Pats O Line around. Need to fix the Lines on BOTH sides. I know Flowers left early but that pass rush was weak and seemed slow,

Am I overreacting?

Can anyone remember the last time the Pats had an outstanding pass rush? Feared in fact?

I really miss Chandler Jones. That D Line got pushed around all night. Actually the Jags D line pushed the Pats O Line around. Need to fix the Lines on BOTH sides. I know Flowers left early but that pass rush was weak and seemed slow,

Am I overreacting?

You're overreacting.

I didn't see the game out here in NE Ohio but the reports I read indicated that the Pats' D looked very slow. That seems to have been a recurring complaint over the past several years, but I have yet to see any fast, athletic players being added to the defense.

Yeah they were fine last week, Flowers out really hurt we couldn’t pressure with 4 and when we brought bltzes bortles picked us apart.

I didn't see the game out here in NE Ohio but the reports I read indicated that the Pats' D looked very slow. That seems to have been a recurring complaint over the past several years, but I have yet to see any fast, athletic players being added to the defense.
Gilmore is fast and athletic.

They have been to the Super Bowl 3 of the past 4 years with a "slow" defense.

The recurring complaint is emanating from observers who do not understand scheme, leverage, angles, and defensive strategy

Last edited:
That is admittedly me. They just looked slower and less physical. I understand it is only one game.

Seems unfair we have to count to 10 M I SS I SS I PPI and other teams can just rush straight in!

Seems unfair we have to count to 10 M I SS I SS I PPI and other teams can just rush straight in!
Do you understand how all that stuff works?

Do you understand how all that stuff works?
Yes having played in college and being a current coach I understand it well. It was meant to be funny. We had 6 sacks last week so overall this is a bit of an over reaction monday thread. I will say when it counts our pass rush usually lets us down and most of our sacks come in games where we are out in front vs at critical times. when we really need them.

I hate to single one player out but Adrian Clayborn took such a wide rush angle he created a huge running lane for Bortles to escape through several times. Our overall execution was was not up to Patriot standards. I imagine there will be some very heated film review the next day or two.

Chandler Jones wouldn’t matter in the big games late in the year anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back